Author Topic: ESIM simultaneously with SIM1 slot?  (Read 1564 times)

Hount

• View Profile
ESIM simultaneously with SIM1 slot?
« on: August 29, 2020, 02:58:38 am »
I've been trying to get LTE working alongside with calls and sms from sim slot 1.
But when I activate esim in esimwallet app it just says that it would like to use sim2 only.
du-uh

Hitting cancel closes the app and pressing ok just brings the same prompt back very soon, no way to adjust any settings etc. in the esim wallet anymore :/

And I'm very much aware that sim2 and esim are mutually exclusive, but even sim1 and esim now?

What I would like to accomplish is to have internet coming from ESIM (better reception from that isp here, and calls etc. from sim1(my phone number is tied there)
I can do this with physical sim in sim slot 2, but right now I'd rather not visit stores or wait for mail to deliver yet another sim card.

Background: there are 3 network operators in Finland: DNA, Elisa and Telia. I happen to have a summerhouse in a place where two of the three providers have really really bad reception. I would like get definitive answer which is best for me but having all three in my use without swapping sim cards would be best, but that does not seem to be possible with Cosmo?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 03:03:24 am by Hount »

cam1965

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: ESIM simultaneously with SIM1 slot?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 06:44:04 am »
Here in Brazil it is ok.  I can use any sim card to sms , calls and internet. Please see the attachment. In my case as you have sugested I have select my operator CLARO to internet ( esim card ) and my physical sim card ( operator OI ) to sms and calls.

Hount

• View Profile
Re: ESIM simultaneously with SIM1 slot?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 02:00:16 pm »
Thanks for confirming. I was able to make it work too. I just had to quickly put my phone to airplane mode and then back online to actually make the switch between physical sim2 and esim on sim2 "slot"

Now I was able to test with the third network operator. Sadly none of them have sufficient network coverage for remote work in summerhouse :(