Author Topic: Android 11 for Cosmo?!  (Read 336 times)

Zarhan

• View Profile
Android 11 for Cosmo?!
« on: December 02, 2020, 07:47:15 am »
Whoa, this is interesting, statement by Planet at the Astro Indiegogo page in response to concerns about keeping the Android updates rolling:

The next Android update for Cosmo is in the works with latest security patches and a few other changes. Also we hope to upgrade Cosmo directly from Android 9 to Android 11.

Now...I'm not sure how to react to this. How well did the original Gemini PDA Android version update from 7 to 8 go?

Vistaus

• View Profile
Re: Android 11 for Cosmo?!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 04:51:35 pm »
Also, is it even possible? 'Cause I remember lots of people saying over the years that you can't skip an Android version...

I also wonder about SoC drivers. Did MediaTek really add support for Android 11 to this chipset? 'Cause it's not exactly a new chipset anymore... Or did Planet take the Fairphone route and reverse engineered the driver in order to support a newer version?

alien2003

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 08:01:12 pm »
Can you provide a link to the statement? Can't find it

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 08:17:48 am »
Can you provide a link to the statement? Can't find it

Please note that it is actually on the ASTRO Indiegogo-page (and not the Cosmo-page, as one would assume). (And the original post also stated that it is on the Astro-page...) It should (at time of writing) still be on the first page of comments, as a reply to another comment.