Author Topic: Keyboard Bounces  (Read 3733 times)

IK6yae0s

• View Profile
Keyboard Bounces
« on: October 03, 2020, 06:23:02 am »
Hello,

also as on my Planet Gemini my Cosmo Communicators keyboard often bounces.
Any Idea how I can fix this problem? Or is this a regular problem of the hw?

Zarhan

• View Profile
Re: Keyboard Bounces
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 04:47:51 am »
What do you mean by "bounce"? Accidental repeating?

klampfenfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 03:55:27 pm »
I don't know what you mean by bounce. But I have a a problem with my LEDs. The keyboard goes on and of every 5 seconds.
rebooting did not solve the problem! This problem only apears on the lowest LED light settings, I figured out.
Anyone with keyboard backlight problems?

I have to correct me: Unfortunately, the problem appears on any LED level. Backlight still goes on and of every 5-7 seconds.
I tried to solve it with CosmoCtl (rooted device) but no chance.
I will check if the unrooted Android also have this issue.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 06:05:58 pm by klampfenfreak »

alien2003

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 08:03:01 pm »
That's hardware issue. Try to put on and off charger to the right USB, works for me

da9l

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 06:42:02 pm »
If by bounce you mean self repeating keystrokes , then i have that one too

That's hardware issue. Try to put on and off charger to the right USB, works for me

So you mean by simply plugging in the charger to the right side USB-C port fixes this ?

Steve Goodey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 05:57:42 am »
Hello,

also as on my Planet Gemini my Cosmo Communicators keyboard often bounces.
Any Idea how I can fix this problem? Or is this a regular problem of the hw?

Seems to affect the '2' key on mine, bashing it a few times seems to sort it. Also bottom left area of keyboard, 'Shift' intermittently doesn't register, again a few bashes of the key are needed. Perhaps dust/dirt under the keys?

vldmr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 11:35:51 pm »
Bashing a key (hitting it hard) several times used to resolve my problems with intermittent keys for a while - I had most problems with "Del" and "7". Today my "Del" key stopped working dead, no bashing within my physical limits restores its function.
Probably my next effort would be removing dead key to try cleaning under it.

vldmr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 01:41:23 pm »
Probably my next effort would be removing dead key to try cleaning under it.
This task turned out quite easy and rewarding. I popped up the key cap by sliding guitar pick under its side. Under the key I found white rubber(?) mat with a circular whole in it for key stem. Lifting up a corner of the mat revealed that underside of mat  has a circular black  ring under which there is a matching shape of shiny metal (copper?) surfaces separated in two halves. It appears that black ring is conductive and is pressed against the metal surface on key press.
I did not observe any suspicious debris on those matching surfaces, but nevertheless I wiped them with q-tip soaked in isopropyl alcohol. Then after putting the key back and turning on device I found that previously dead key register each and every press reliably.
Having done that I now would recommend against bashing intermittent keys no matter how emotionally satisfactory that would feel. Cleaning keyboard mat and contact points does seem to resolve the problem reliably. Although cleaning inner keys might require removing multiple keys caps.

IK6yae0s

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 03:36:44 am »
I have also problems with my communicator also with my gemini. On both some keys must be hit more times before a key is acepted, but some other keys will be create often double or more chars on screen if they be hitted.
It looks like the keyboard and the reading of the key algo is not the best. I hope it will be better on Astro Slide.

Maybe the double key press problems could be solved by made a less sensitive reading algo of the key :-/