Author Topic: CoDi Media Controls  (Read 2219 times)

ian1035nr

• View Profile
CoDi Media Controls
« on: May 05, 2022, 06:41:32 am »
Howdy, everyone

After humming and hawing for over a year, I decided to pick up a Cosmo Communicator. There's been a few issues with it, but I'm slowly ironing things out.

One thing I can't seem to iron out is the media interface in CoDi.

The most annoying problem is the volume control. It never stays synchronized with the system. As soon as I leave the adjustment screen, it goes right back to displaying the volume as being nearly full blast. I have to guess what the volume is actually set to, and then touch where I think I want it and hope I got it right.

Then there's the shortcut to Google Play Music that appears next to the volume control. I never really cared for the Play Music app and haven't used it as my primary means of listening to my locally-stored music since I tried it briefly back in 2013. And now that it's been replaced by YouTube Music, using it isn't even an option. And yet the shortcut to it remains in CoDi. There's a bunch of empty slots beneath it which I can only assume were meant to be user-selected shortcuts, but I can't find an option anywhere to change/set the shortcuts.

I'm running version 1.1.1.16 of CoDi and version 25 of the Cosmo's Android firmware, which has been rooted

If anyone knows of a way to get CoDi's media controls to smarten up, I'm all ears.

declan

• View Profile
Re: CoDi Media Controls
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 05:32:27 pm »
Hi Ian.

I'm wondering if you try volume up or down from the keyboard and when it shows on RHS of main screen, tap the * settings icon which should open the notifications vertical controls. Then set volume from there. If that doesn't work, maybe opening the settings menu from drop-down main screen menu for sound should let you adjust the default settings that you want things to revert to once you've set them. The simple vertical shortcut keys may bo only controlling things for that instance, such as on a phone call.

I notice the Sound menu under settings lets adjustment on a horizontal slider for media, alarms, notifications, and ringer. Other than that I don't know.

I have an issue with my Cosmo which you may be able to answer...
I've Android V25 for the Cosmo loaded and running successfully.
My CoDi screen shows the CoDi image with a diagonal red and black stripe running through it.
CoDi V13 was running perfectly, other than annoying me each time I switched handset on to upgrade CoDi to another version.

I did this and now have V16. A green solid dot shows top left of CoDi on the main screen when CoDi is opened from the app menu. 'Cover display operating' appears but I can't get the external CoDi data display back.

Do you know if there's a way to revert back to V13 or maybe a shortcut combination on the physical keyboard to activate the cover display?
I get the feeling that the cover display may be simply switched off and needs telling to come back on.
I've tried the menu options of 'Reset Cover Display' and 'Start cover communication' and whilst it shows that it's doing that it sits there doing nothing. V13 would show the outside symbol with the diagonal lines through it when I stopped cover communication and then turn on when I selected to start it. These were fairly instantaneous.

Any help you can provide will be gratefully received and hopefully my handset will start to realize why it was called a 'Communicator.'\

Declan

Dom (shymega)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 05:41:55 pm »
Hi Declan,

Might be best to open a new thread for your issue. However, I did reply to your post on the group and haven't heard back yet. A photo of the screen you see would be good. I suspect there's corruption on the secondary flash, or it hasn't been flashed properly. But let's stick to one platform.

Cheers.

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 03:14:43 am »

I have an issue with my Cosmo which you may be able to answer...
I've Android V25 for the Cosmo loaded and running successfully.
My CoDi screen shows the CoDi image with a diagonal red and black stripe running through it.
CoDi V13 was running perfectly, other than annoying me each time I switched handset on to upgrade CoDi to another version.

I did this and now have V16. A green solid dot shows top left of CoDi on the main screen when CoDi is opened from the app menu. 'Cover display operating' appears but I can't get the external CoDi data display back.

Do you know if there's a way to revert back to V13 or maybe a shortcut combination on the physical keyboard to activate the cover display?
I get the feeling that the cover display may be simply switched off and needs telling to come back on.
I've tried the menu options of 'Reset Cover Display' and 'Start cover communication' and whilst it shows that it's doing that it sits there doing nothing. V13 would show the outside symbol with the diagonal lines through it when I stopped cover communication and then turn on when I selected to start it. These were fairly instantaneous.

Any help you can provide will be gratefully received and hopefully my handset will start to realize why it was called a 'Communicator.'\

Declan
Have you tried the settings for the cover display under "Cosmo Settings"? Don't think the settings in the cover display assistant will do much of anything, if there are any "problems" there. Even if it seems to be switched on there, you might wanna try switching it off, and then on again...