Author Topic: WANTED: Zaurus 5600  (Read 4191 times)

LuRcH

• View Profile
WANTED: Zaurus 5600
« on: September 07, 2004, 03:35:00 pm »
I am in the UK and urgently looking for a Zaurus 5600. Am very willing to buy from abroad as long as you accept Paypal as I earn all my disposable cash through Paypal

I am looking at spending about $250 on one plus postage which has been estimated at around $60 from US. However must be in mint or near mint condition and working.

If in the UK then would be willing to pay about £140 for one

Omicron

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 03:46:21 pm »
$60 shipping from USA to UK....I think not....

Probably more like $20 USD.

Checkout WWW.USPS.COM for exact price.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 03:46:37 pm by Omicron »
"You Shall Not Pass"    
....Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings
--------------------------------------------------------------
C-860 (Cacko), 3x4gb MD  
DLINK 660W, 1GB SD,  
Upgraded Archos AV320 w/80GB HDD
Pocketop and Targus IR keyboards
Favorite Deal Site: SaveCity.net (pretty cool, good deals daily on one page)

LuRcH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 03:52:30 pm »
Ok very fast delivery to the UK. Or delivery and a bit of extra profit for the seller?

jamesm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 05:05:55 pm »
Interestingly enough I'm just in the process of buying a 5600 from a US ebay user.

http://stores.ebay.com/CYBERSHOPS

I have been in touch with this ebay user via email this evening and they sound very professional. The only problem you may have is that they only accept payment from international buyers via www.bidpay.com (not paypal).

The steps I've taken so far are as follows (no hitches as yet, but I'll reserve judgement until the unit is in my hands)

1) Emailed seller, provided them with shipping address for delivery charges
2) Received email from seller quoting two options for UK delivery from USPS: 54.95USD for 10-14 day delivery or 59.95USD for 3-5 days with online tracking
3) Used 'Buy it Now' on the Ebay site
4) Paid via www.bidpay.com
5) Now waiting for confirmation that my payment was successful, when thats done bidpay send a money order to the seller
6) Seller receives money order and dispatches item

My only gripe thus far is the bidpay site, which was good apart from the lack of SSL for entering credit card details. Unfortunately I only noticed this after I'd entered my details

The 5600's on this ebay shop are slight above your price of 250USD but they're well worth it (imo) as they're brand new, boxed and come with the camera card.

I'll keep this thread updated as the transaction progresses. All going according to plan I should be holding a brand new 5600 by this time next week.

Victim of c3000 ebay scam.... Now after c3100

LuRcH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 05:24:42 pm »
I've noticed that seller. The only problem is that I can only pay via Paypal and he don't accept Paypal form International buyers, even though my eBay rating is 100 exactly now.

jamesm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 05:32:00 pm »
Shame,

I know of a few people who are after 5600's so maybe we should setup some kind of import service

I emailed www.shirtpocket.co.uk about the possibility of them doing it but they've still not got back to me so I guess its a no go.

Good luck finding one.
Victim of c3000 ebay scam.... Now after c3100

LuRcH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 05:59:44 pm »
I've emailed begging him to accept Paypal just this once because I have good ratings on both ebay and Paypal. Can't see why so concerned as both ebay and Paypal have plenty of anti fraud protection. I know some evil people have tried to rip me off a couple of times and Paypal have simply reversed the transaction.

LuRcH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 06:12:24 pm »
After begging he still wouldn't accept Paypal. Even though a US seller I bought and SD card off last week said that my Paypal address showed up as Confirmed to him....

Checked on the web and theres not really anymore available to buy! Found http://www.underwooddistributing.com/Sharp...on%20zaurus.htm however he is out of stock and won't have any more for atleast 30 days!  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 04:00:07 pm by LuRcH »

LuRcH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2004, 06:48:39 pm »
I have a 5600 in the post on its way to me as we speak from America. Someone on here saw my plee and sold me theirs