Author Topic: Does your pdaXrom rc3/rc5 freeze in X11?  (Read 1878 times)

amrein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 345
    • View Profile
    • http://
Does your pdaXrom rc3/rc5 freeze in X11?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 10:24:29 am »
Hi,

I don't know if I have understood a post in another thread a few days ago but does the "X11 freeze bug" is now fixed?

If so, where to download the corresponding openbox fixed package? Should we wait for a RC6 or will we have all fix directly on the net and then upgrade using ipkg update/upgrade?

Does the keyboard applet is also ready for primetime ?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 10:27:08 am by amrein »

Laze

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 704
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pdaXrom.org
Does your pdaXrom rc3/rc5 freeze in X11?
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 10:51:48 am »
People are cross posting like mad.. Please check other posts before posting again and again..

We expect the freeze bug to be fixed in the next RC - and yes the keyboard applet problems are also fixed. Many people have reported "freezing" and shutting off after power on - most of these problems were btw. related to low battery.

But once AGAIN!!!! please check other/previous posts and also try searching the www.pdaXrom.org site - often the FAQ contains alot of usefull info - before asking questions.
C760 running pdaXrom lastest ;-)
SL5500 Running Cacko Qtopia
512 MB SD Card, 128 MB CF Card, Prism2 CF Wlan.

Always visit http://www.pdaXrom.org for latest news.

amrein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 345
    • View Profile
    • http://
Does your pdaXrom rc3/rc5 freeze in X11?
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 04:21:47 am »
Heu...

1. the thread about pdaXrom X11 freeze is the current one.

2. I only saw a thread where someone said that "it should be fixed" and not "it IS fixed". I used ssh to connect to the device and saw that  openbox was the one freezing the X11 display.

3. I also reported the keyboard applet issue so asked again to know the current state. I will check pdaxrom site again for more info about those bugs. Didn't find any news last time.

4.  Do we really need another rc? Can't packages be quickly upgraded without entire reflashing before next release candidate? Then, when all will be ok, release another candidate with all fix before the final stable one.


Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 04:24:19 am by amrein »