Author Topic: Konqueror-embedded Problem  (Read 871 times)

MikeOliveri

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Konqueror-embedded Problem
« on: December 01, 2004, 11:03:28 pm »
Hi all,

I just switched from the Sharp ROM to OZ 3.5.2 (Opie), and am having a bit of trouble installing Konqueror-Embedded. I first tried to install it from the package manager, and received a dependency problem saying I need the following:

pcre >= 4.4
libstdc++6 >=3.4.2

However, they're not in the package listing and I'm not finding them available for download on this site. I then tried installing the Konqueror-Embedded package downloaded from this site, and I get the error message "cannont find package konqueror-full" and it dies.

Is there something I'm missing? I thought about forcing the dependency, but was thinking it just wouldn't work without the package. I also noticed libstdc++ will be needed by kismet, anyway.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Take care,
Mike

jh

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://
Konqueror-embedded Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 11:13:33 pm »
Hi Mike,

To get libstdc++6 you need to add the "devel" feed.  Check openzaurus.org's feeds and you'll see the devel feed.

I think pcre might be in the updates feed, or you can install the pcre0 ipk then turn on "force depends."

I've got konqueror-emdedded installed on my 5500 and it works well.

jason

MikeOliveri

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Konqueror-embedded Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 11:47:03 pm »
That did the trick! Had to add the devel feed to the list -- just copied the address path from the other feeds and was good to go.

pcre0 shows up as libpcre0 in the list. Still had to force the dependency, but Konqueror works like a champ. Thanks!

Incidentally for the other newbies out there, I only messed with 3.5.1 for a few days, and 3.5.2 is already a big improvement. 3.5.1 didn't have ANY of the package feeds, and it didn't have /etc/resolv.conf set up so I couldn't resolve domain names for a bit.

Take care,
Mike