Author Topic: Desktop screenshot thread!  (Read 91950 times)

Cresho

• View Profile
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~cresho/
Desktop screenshot thread!
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2005, 04:11:01 pm »
now that.................

brings a tear to my eyes.
Zaurus C-3200 (internal 8gb seagate drive) with buuf icon theme, cacko 1.23 full,  and also Meanie's pdaxqtrom-Debian/Open Office
Zaurus SL-5500 Sharp Rom 3.13 with steel theme
pretec pocket pc wi fi
ambicom bt2000-cf bluetooth-made in taiwan
simpletech 1gb cf
pny 1gb sd
patriot 2gb
ocz or patriot 4gb sd(failed after 2 weeks)only on z
creative csw-5300 speakers in stereo
DigiLife DDV-1000 for video, Audio, Picture recording playable on the zaurus
Mustek DV4500-video recorder, pictures, voice record on sd for z

zaurusthemes.biz | ZaurusVideo | Zaurus Software

CoreDump

• View Profile
    • http://www.hentges.net
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2005, 04:57:02 pm »
I know the feeling  Sadly these screenshots can't show off all the animations and other eyecandy  

Anyways, there's still a loooong way to go for a useable release of OZ/E17 (if there will ever be one)
Currently it's just sitting there and looking (damn) good.

The current image size is ~50MB uncompressed (ext2) which is a problem for
devices with <128MB of flash. However, the work on it has just begun and we may be able to shave off a few MB's.

Oh, and while FireFox sure is sweet, it isn't really useable. It's a slow memory hog which pulls down the whole system when running. Ok, might have been a side-effect of of the way the rootfs was mounted (but I highly doubt it).
Webmaster of hentges.net & Embedded Linux Developer.

Cresho

• View Profile
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~cresho/
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2005, 11:20:10 pm »
http://www.enlightenment.org/Enlightenment/DR17/

enlightenment?  eeesh!  never thought it would look so good after many tries of ugly desktop environments for it.

I really wish there were more linux users and developers diving into the zaurus line.  I could'nt imagine what else can come of this.  I do want to thank sharp(japan) to giving us something to look forward to.

thanks for the picks coredump.   and i also wish you had more help in finishing this project.

you ever thought of making an installer were the core files can run off the internal and secondary files that arent dependent run of sd without needing to modify the sd to ext partition?

for example... make the image install to internal.  the operating system is all that is needed with no basic anything for it to help it run unless you include kopi which needs to be installed internally since it runs all the time.  Then have ipk's created and put out in a feed were people can download what they want and installable in sd.

my zaurus.  i swear i have over 250mb excluding Qxt running on a 1gb sd.  i can eject the card and not worry what is dependent to the main os which makes my ejecting card seemless.

is it possible?  i think there is no need to have a openzaurus that will include everything.  Just make the openzaurus with a system windows for configuration and network and also, installer.  People can download konqueror, opera, mozilla, xmms as they please and install to sd.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 11:30:04 pm by Cresho »
Zaurus C-3200 (internal 8gb seagate drive) with buuf icon theme, cacko 1.23 full,  and also Meanie's pdaxqtrom-Debian/Open Office
Zaurus SL-5500 Sharp Rom 3.13 with steel theme
pretec pocket pc wi fi
ambicom bt2000-cf bluetooth-made in taiwan
simpletech 1gb cf
pny 1gb sd
patriot 2gb
ocz or patriot 4gb sd(failed after 2 weeks)only on z
creative csw-5300 speakers in stereo
DigiLife DDV-1000 for video, Audio, Picture recording playable on the zaurus
Mustek DV4500-video recorder, pictures, voice record on sd for z

zaurusthemes.biz | ZaurusVideo | Zaurus Software

Psion

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2005, 11:34:35 am »
Now that kicks ass.... I run e17 on my desktop.. Anyway that will be ported to sl-5500 I was able to get pdaXrom working on it....  
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91932\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
[/quote]

Brian:

Any way you could pass on your procedure for getting pdaXrom onto your 5500?  I've been thinking of moving in that direction, but wasn't sure I had the hardware.
Thanks.
SL-5500: Updated SharpROM 3.10
256MB CF card / 128MB SD
D-Link Air DCF-660W Wi-Fi CF card
Work laptop running XP Pro
Work laptop running Mac OSX 10.4.1
Home-made PC running dual-boot XP Home and PCLinuxOS

chal

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2005, 05:03:29 pm »
Most of these post are from the Zaurii with larger screens. Anyone got any more cool 5x00 screenshots?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=57652\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

This is my 5500, running tKc Rom;
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 05:17:29 pm by chal »

PDAs
2 SL5500s
tKc Rom
Lexar 1GB CF card
Viking 512GB  CF card
PC 1. Mandriva 2009
PC 2. Windows XP
[/font]

Psion

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2005, 09:14:18 am »
Nice screenshots, chal.  Good collection of programs, too.
I noticed Konqueror. I've recently somehow lost opera.  Is it possible to run Konqueror on Sharp ROM?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92244\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
[/quote]
256MB CF card / 128MB SD

chal

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2005, 09:45:28 am »
Quote from: Psion,Aug 18 2005, 01:14 PM
Nice screenshots, chal.  Good collection of programs, too.
I noticed Konqueror. I've recently somehow lost opera.  Is it possible to run Konqueror on Sharp ROM?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92244\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92338\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
[/quote]

Yeah it'll run on tKc. Not sure about the stock sharp, as I haven't used it in a while. It takes up a little less space than Opera. Some people have reported having problems with both of thes, but I had no problem with either. I'm not sure what the difference is in web browsing, because I only use it offline to view HTML Bibles and reference docs.

I'm not sure, but you may need the kmicrokdelibs. I already had KOPI installed when I installed Konqueror.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 09:49:25 am by chal »

PDAs
2 SL5500s
tKc Rom
Lexar 1GB CF card
Viking 512GB  CF card
PC 1. Mandriva 2009
PC 2. Windows XP
[/font]

maswell

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2005, 06:51:46 pm »
This is e17, ported by JustinP and mickeyl, running on a SL-C1000 (aka Akita)

Edit: pics uploaded to another server
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91898\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Must....have.....now....

MONVMENTVM

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2005, 06:13:18 am »
here are some nice screens of my xfce4 combinated with rox on my c3100... i think it looks really nice.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

... oh and excuse the horizontal lines in some pictures... i dont know why they exist (but they are not from the zaurus... i cannot see them there. maybe it is because of the screenshot application). and also excuse the jpg low-quality. also the screenshots appear a lot darker than it is on the zaurus itself.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 09:43:41 am by MONVMENTVM »
Device: Zaurus C3100
OS: testing pda[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']X[/span]rom beta4
Window Manager: Xfce4 + ROX Desktop and Filer
WLAN: D-Link DCF-660W
Memory: Kingston 512MB SD
Creative Wired Remote modified to work as CE-RH2

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2005, 08:46:17 am »
Here's some screenshots of my C3100 on the Sharp ROM after some tweaking
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

Storm

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2005, 12:29:08 am »
This is e17, ported by JustinP and mickeyl, running on a SL-C1000 (aka Akita)

SCNR 

Edit: pics uploaded to another server
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91898\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Please, please, please tell me this will run on the SL-5500s (OZ/Hentges)...I've been running Enlightenment since before the initial release (DR0.3) about 7 years ago. I would dearly love to have it on my Zaurus...

--Storm
Zaurus SL-5500/Hentges OZ 3.5.4.1
Ambicom WL1100-CF wireless card
Desktop: Debian/GNU Linux (unstable)

Psion

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2005, 11:52:45 am »
I'm up for that, too!  Sweet Looking.

I'm still considering installing E17 on my linux box at home, but haven't decided if I want to take the plunge of possibly screwing anything up.

256MB CF card / 128MB SD

lardman

• View Profile
    • http://people.bath.ac.uk/enpsgp/Zaurus/
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2005, 12:53:02 pm »
Please, please, please tell me this will run on the SL-5500s (OZ/Hentges)...I've been running Enlightenment since before the initial release (DR0.3) about 7 years ago. I would dearly love to have it on my Zaurus...

It should be possible to run on a 5500, though it will require some pruning to the flash image as even e-image-core comes out at about 30Mb (and e-image was c.80Mb iirc). You'll definitely need an ext2 formated SD/MMC/CF card handy

Si
C750 OZ3.5.4 (GPE, 2.6.x kernel)
SL5500 OZ3.5.4 (Opie)
Nokia 770
Serial GPS, WCF-12, Socket Ethernet & BT, Ratoc USB
WinXP, Mandriva

stuffman

• View Profile
    • http://www.dylanpowell.net/zaurus
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2005, 02:07:53 am »
Wow... pdaXrom has come a long way since the last time I tried it. With Xfce and ROX, I finally  can have a functional desktop on my pda- and killer apps to run on it. I used to have a lot of people tell me how cool my Zaurus was, but now when they see it running a real X desktop, their jaws drop. I've been working on a custom theme, it's come a long way but still has a bit of tweaking to do. I'm using the NOX (Noia on ROX) icon set, and a custom skin which was inspired by H20-gtk2-Saphire. I'll try to get the whole works bundled up for anyone who is interested. With pdaXrom as good as it is now, I have no reason to go back to the other ROMs.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']SL-C860 Running pdaXrom 1.1.0beta1.
5GB Seagate ST-1 Microdrive from Rio Carbon, Asst. Other CF Cards.
512MB Sandisk SD.
AmbiCom WL1100C-CF WiFi Card.
Some GPS Card I Can't Remember...
Palm Tungsten Retractable Stylus (If You're Not Using These, You're Missing Out!).
[/font][/span]

polito

• View Profile
    • http://thether.com
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2005, 04:03:00 am »
Stuffman, What Z you have there? Seems you're using your Z a lot by the looks of what you got going on that desktop... have you run into any snags with pdaxrom? I've got a C3100 and really have to use it for work and what not so I've been leery about going to pdaxrom.