Author Topic: Prevent Signals On Resume?  (Read 951 times)

vputz

• View Profile
Prevent Signals On Resume?
« on: November 30, 2004, 05:46:15 pm »
I'm enjoying OZ 3.5.1 (well, except for the periodic hang-on-suspend and mandatory reboot), but I've come across an irritant that hopefully someone can explain.

Whenever I'm running anything from the K shell, if the Z suspends and then resumes, that process is sent a signal and halts.  I'd like to prevent that.

OK, so I admit it's not critical, but it IS irritating (I often work an "extra instruction" shift where physics students can work on problems with occasional instructor help, and it's nice when no one has any questions to pull out Frotz, xMame, or opie-reader and burn some time.  opie-reader does fine, but if I'm in the middle of an adventure or a (slow...) game of Joust and pause for a bit, if the Z suspends, once I wake it up the game crashes.  Or, if I have Octave running to help with a problem and stop to explain something for a while and the Z suspends, all my work is lost.

Any way to prevent this from happening?

-->VPutz

Mickeyl

• View Profile
    • http://www.Vanille.de
Prevent Signals On Resume?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 06:09:14 pm »
I remember a similar thread where I pointed out the kernel location where to change that - please use the search.
Cheers,

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | Embedded Linux Freelancer | www.Vanille-Media.de
Consider donating, if you like the software I contribute to.