Author Topic: Vanishing Touchscreen Drivers?  (Read 1620 times)

adf

• View Profile
    • http://
Vanishing Touchscreen Drivers?
« on: December 30, 2004, 01:42:05 am »
My touchscreen drivers seem to just disappear after software lockups... sometimes--it has happened 3 times.  I haven't gone after repeatablilty--I am after a working zaurus.  The problem seems to be under sharprom with 3rd party apps....   It is strange. The thing works fine on OZ and after a reflash...
Just checking to see if itis only me.
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

soundwave106

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 11:35:27 am »
With my SL-6000L, I experienced this with a particular version of the VNC server (found on a Zaurus feed). It not only disabled the touchscreen, it disabled the IR keyboard. Annoying. I had to uninstall this version, do a soft reboot, and install a version found here that actually worked.

So, did you install a VNC server recently? Maybe that's the problem.

adf

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 12:20:37 pm »
Thanks, It might very well have been that.  I have since swtiched to openzaurus/opie and the problem is gone
adf
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf