Author Topic: Ok, No More Major Issues In Cacko 1.22?  (Read 20793 times)

Ian

• View Profile
Ok, No More Major Issues In Cacko 1.22?
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2005, 09:59:00 pm »
But, it looks like the hostap_cs.conf file only changes what is displayed on-screen, or I just don't know what's going on. I looked at the format and I deleted everything except the SMC 2642W (which was in there but had the "manfid" field commented out).

I'm going to have exactly this card soon for testing. After that I'll be able to either make it work and include an update in hotfix A or confirm that it doesn't work with hostap drivers meaning it won't be supported by Cacko ROM...

So, please, just wait a bit...
Of course - I am not holding my breath, The work you've done on these ROMs is amazing and has been a big boost to the community. I'm not trying to bug you :-)

The SMC 2642W card worked fine in Cacko 1.21 (+hotfixes) just before I upgraded... if you can't support it any more that's OK. I'll either upgrade by card or revert to 1.21, which was perfectly good really! I only wanted the new NetFront 3.1 with the cool extras because I'm reviewing the C3000 and I am getting jealous.

Regards
Ian.

Lutz-W.

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2005, 07:19:35 am »
Hello

I have a problem with LUS Screensaver.

The posting is here:
https://www.oesf.org/forums/inde...showtopic=10118

Thanks
Lutz
C3200, Cacko 1.23 Lite

clofland

• View Profile
    • http://www.lofland.net/
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2005, 11:47:45 am »
Here is a "bug" to fix

If you / out before Qtopia starts and go to console, the screen will not scroll properly. When you get to the bottom of the screen, everything just writes over itself on the bottom line. Very annoying. You have to keep using the clear command to get back to the top of the screen, and forget reading multipage output.

I know that there is/was a kernel patch to fix scrolling so that you could watch the bootup notes if the SHARP logo screen was turned off. Is it possible that this same kernel patch is needed for a boot to console to scroll properly too?

(And while you are at it, if you just want to flip that little check box and turn off the SHARP logo screen that would be cool too.  )
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']C-760 pdaXrom 1.1.0beta3[/span]
- Sandisk UltraII 1GB SD card - Socket LP CF LAN card - Socket LP CF WLAN card - Socket CF Bluetooth Card Rev H -

Flandry

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2005, 12:56:31 pm »
It seems Kino2 causes early suspends when running from battery, if left open.
Can anyone test this? Just play a file, and let kino2 sit without input for a minute or 2.
My Z suspends after a minute or so if I let kino2 running, but stays on if I close it.
Something to look into.
Edit: scratch that, the Z goes to sleep too fast even when kino's not running.
More of a minor problem: your icon for .wav files doesn't have a high-res version (for thumbnails view)
Yes indeed, i'm having problems like this.  Glad i'm not the only one.  Weird shutdown/blankout problems.  They do seem to happen more when Kino is open or has been run.

Qtopia has crashed three times since i updated, as well, and that's something that had only happened once previously.  Sorry i can't give more specifics on what sets that off.

I also had a lockup when an alarm went off the other day while screen saver was on (and haven't yet figured out how that screen saver turned itself on randomly one day).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 12:57:52 pm by Flandry »

maslovsky

• View Profile
    • http://my-zaurus.narod.ru
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2005, 03:30:55 pm »
Here is a "bug" to fix

If you / out before Qtopia starts and go to console, the screen will not scroll properly. When you get to the bottom of the screen, everything just writes over itself on the bottom line. Very annoying. You have to keep using the clear command to get back to the top of the screen, and forget reading multipage output.

I know that there is/was a kernel patch to fix scrolling so that you could watch the bootup notes if the SHARP logo screen was turned off. Is it possible that this same kernel patch is needed for a boot to console to scroll properly too?

(And while you are at it, if you just want to flip that little check box and turn off the SHARP logo screen that would be cool too.  )
There is a small program called consolescroll (available on ZUG), which you need to run while in console and it will fix scrolling problem permanently.

Also, turning off sharp logo is not only a matter of a checkboox. There is a kernel build option, which needs to be se to enable messages on console, but unfortunately it's present in many places in kernel source, so it may cause a lot of compatibility problems...

yodabob

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2005, 06:26:29 pm »
Maslovsky et al.

The only couple of "issues" I've noticed and things that might need a bit of attention would be:

1).  It would be nice to not have to specify an SSID when connecting to wireless networks.  When I'm in local "hotspots", I obviously don't always know what they are.  If we could get the "Any" function to work, that'd be great.

2).  The only other "weirdness" I've noticed is that KINO doesn't seem to release the CPU when you exit it.  The processor utilization stays pegged at 100% and will remain that way until the C-860 is rebooted.  The other apps doesn't seem to have this effect.  This may be false reporting of course, but it does appear quite consistent.  Doesn't running the processor at max use up the battery power more quickly ?

That's about it for me.  This thing is a work of art and the fact that these things are all I can come up with is testament to the success of all the hard work you and the other contributors have done on our behalf.  Thanks again !

tg

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2005, 08:48:14 pm »
After playing with this release some more Kino2 seems to be the biggest "issue" for me as well. Sometimes it dies but leaves mplayer running so to re-start Kino2 you have to first kill the mplayer using kill command with pid. Also, Kino2 sometimes aggresively takes over the machine - it seems to once in a while use a lot of cpu and also once it is running it tends to take over the keyboard. For example, after I start Kino2 and right after that I start Opera (and have Opera in the foreground) Kino2 keystrokes still take precedent over Opera (not always, and this happens regardless of how I set the Kino2 keyboard shortcuts in preferences - I even tried to set them all to 'None' but I'm not convinced that this always works either).
Other than Kino2 issues for me this is a perfect rom (only improvement will be stripped down version that is appartently under development).
Thanks for great work.

ralfk

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2005, 09:50:09 am »
the most critical fix for me would be the battery charging issue (on SL-C860).
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=61670\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
In the meantime I have to revoke my concerns about the battery charging. My SL-C860 is charging now without problems. LED is properly powered off. Maybe my device was too new at the beginning.

Ralf
SL-C860, Cacko ROM 1.22

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2005, 03:44:57 pm »
I can't find the hostap.conf file - where is the file please, and how do I work out what to put into it to ID my card?
Hi Ian,

the filename is hostap_cs.conf and it is located under /etc/pcmcia

If your card is reported as "Zcomax Xi-325H 200mW" it has the same manfid as many other cards (for example my D-Link 660W).

You can just edit the Zcomax entry....

OK... originally I posted here becase my card didn't seem to work at all, but  after reviewing all the posts I realised that I could probably make it work, even if the name was wrong...

So today I did two things:

First I made a small donation to Maslovsky (to ensure good karma), and then I tried cycling through all the settings and "hey presto!", I found some which work. They do look exactly like the ones I had before, so the donation must've helped

The SMC2642W card is still reported as a "Zcomaz XI-325h 200mW" but I don't really mind about that, as long as I'm online again. Here are the settings just in case they're non-standard:

Specific ESS-ID selected
ESS-ID = SMC    (...of course this will be different for yours)
Network Type = Infrastructure
WEP = 40-bit (64bit)
Hex entry for WEP Key1
Authentication: Open System

no other options set, IP and DNS automatic.

Anyway, it all works, Maslovsky rules and my Zaurus does everything I need it to again.  

Thanks,
Ian.

maslovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2005, 04:25:20 pm »
First I made a small donation to Maslovsky (to ensure good karma), and then I tried cycling through all the settings and "hey presto!", I found some which work. They do look exactly like the ones I had before, so the donation must've helped

I'm pretty sure it was the main reason

fir

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2005, 05:57:42 pm »
Any idea when hotfix 1.22A will appear?  I'be eager to try 1.22, but since I depend on my Z every day, I'm waiting for the first hotfix.

Frank.

maslovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2005, 06:47:13 pm »
By the end of this week, if all goes well...

Any idea when hotfix 1.22A will appear?  I'be eager to try 1.22, but since I depend on my Z every day, I'm waiting for the first hotfix.

Frank.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=63792\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

anonuk

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2005, 08:24:42 pm »
any chance of a return for the infra-red applet??
* C3100 with Cacko 1.23 and debian (pocketworkstation) - 1Gb SD / 1Gb CF / Prism Wifi
* C-860 with Cacko 1.21b/pdaXrom dualboot with 256Mb CF / 512 Mb SD / Prism Wifi
* SL-5500 with Cacko rom with 128Mb SD home on SD / 96 Mb CF

Miami_Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2005, 01:00:16 am »
A lot of apps that run in Magnified Screen mode are unusable because the exceed the physical screen size.

Tapping the check box does not toggle the state (box remains checked).

The bottom task bar exceeds the screen size so the Qtopia menu can not be clicked on.

In the case of SLapAss, even using the MENU key to get the Qtopia popup was useless since there was not even a ROTATE opition on the menus.

This is a major problem, IMHO, since it renders a number of apps effectively unusable. I've searched on the keywords but have not seen a post of these specific problems.
Bob W - Miami FL
--------------------
"The legs of the duck are short and
 cannot be lengthened without distress
 to the duck.

The legs of the crane are long and
 cannot be shortened without distress
 to the crane."

Chuang-tzu

--------------------
C860 main - Sharp 1.40 JP ROM
Language conversion by hand

alts: Cacko 1.22 / OZ 3.5.1 / pdaXrom
512Mb SanDisk SD (x2) / 512Mb SanDisk CF (x2)
Lexar 1Gb CF / AmbiCom WL1100C-CF 802.11b WiFi

Out of Hp200LX, from HP100LX, via HP95LX
--------------------
Desktop MegaTower c/ twin DataPort HD racks;
12 removable HDs with multi OSs - no waiting.

--------------------

Miami_Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2005, 04:05:27 am »
Just found another item that does not seem to come up in search.

The task bar memory app shows my Used memory as 14,805 kB but the Cache has grown to 36,810 kB in just a few hours leaving only 5,623 kB free.

System Info shows 15,759 - 37,203 & 4,173 kB respecively.

I have seen this happen with other varriants of the Sharp ROMs, but never this rapidly! Looks like a really major memory leak somewhere.

OK, I know that I can flush the cache by rebooting but that kludge is an inelegant PITA. How'za bout a util/app to clear or flush the cache?

TIA!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 04:07:55 am by Miami_Bob »
Bob W - Miami FL
--------------------
"The legs of the duck are short and
 cannot be lengthened without distress
 to the duck.

The legs of the crane are long and
 cannot be shortened without distress
 to the crane."

Chuang-tzu

--------------------
C860 main - Sharp 1.40 JP ROM
Language conversion by hand

alts: Cacko 1.22 / OZ 3.5.1 / pdaXrom
512Mb SanDisk SD (x2) / 512Mb SanDisk CF (x2)
Lexar 1Gb CF / AmbiCom WL1100C-CF 802.11b WiFi

Out of Hp200LX, from HP100LX, via HP95LX
--------------------
Desktop MegaTower c/ twin DataPort HD racks;
12 removable HDs with multi OSs - no waiting.

--------------------