Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Components menupoint
OESF Portables Forum > Model Specific Forums > Gemini PDA > Gemini PDA - Sailfish OS
Artemys
Sorry if my question is stupid but what is the 'Components' menupoint for in the sailfish main menu? On Jolla there exists none like this. What can be configured here?
depscribe
QUOTE(Artemys @ Aug 24 2018, 10:13 AM) *
Sorry if my question is stupid but what is the 'Components' menupoint for in the sailfish main menu? On Jolla there exists none like this. What can be configured here?

Basically screen furniture and various behaviors. I have no idea why it's a separate application and I have left everything on default. It's not as useful as its name implies.

That's my observation, anyway. There may be some important secret function that I don't know about.
Artemys
QUOTE(depscribe @ Aug 25 2018, 01:51 AM) *
QUOTE(Artemys @ Aug 24 2018, 10:13 AM) *

Basically screen furniture and various behaviors. I have no idea why it's a separate application and I have left everything on default. It's not as useful as its name implies.

That's my observation, anyway. There may be some important secret function that I don't know about.

Ah. Thanks. The thing caused confusion for me was that it is separated, yes. I went through the points, but found nothing interesting or useful. Thanks once more.
vader
I think it is useful for porters/programmers to see what is available in the sailfish styled qml libraries. It gives you an idea of what is possible using just the built in libraries, and making the gui conform to sailfish standards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.