Author Topic: Sdl Woes  (Read 1685 times)

piku

• View Profile
Sdl Woes
« on: April 22, 2005, 01:46:35 am »
Hey everyone,

I have my SL-C3000 and am getting quite involved with the intracacies here.  I'm a bit of an Atari nerd so getting an Atari ST emulator running is somewhat essential to me.  Thus my mission begins...

So the SL-C3000 has different video hardware than the previous models..  So I need a special libSDL right?  Seems so, but not necessarily so, in fact SDL for other models works but the screen rotation is wrong.

But I found one SPECIFICALLY for SL-C3000 on atty.jp and installed it.  lo and behold many many many apps work and the keymappings are right! znester, zgnuboy, snes9x, prboom, the works!  It all works as it should...  Except castaway and hatari (self-built) won't.  I only have cross directions for building SDL for the non SL-C1/3000 and diffs from atty.jp.  They don't offer a diff for the "special" SL-C3000 version.  So that's the version I built and compiled hatari against.

For some reason these two programs give off:
QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice
Aborted

But if I use this other libSDL I find available the programs start and run and the rotation is wrong....  So I'm **** if I do and **** if I don't.

Anybody have *any* ideas?  Am I missing something? Any way to get a proper libSDL cross build envionment setup for SL-C3000?

Thanks,
Mark

AndyTiedye

• View Profile
Sdl Woes
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 12:25:05 pm »
Hey everyone,

I have my SL-C3000 and am getting quite involved with the intracacies here.  I'm a bit of an Atari nerd so getting an Atari ST emulator running is somewhat essential to me.  Thus my mission begins...

So the SL-C3000 has different video hardware than the previous models..  So I need a special libSDL right?  Seems so, but not necessarily so, in fact SDL for other models works but the screen rotation is wrong.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76367\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Have you tried turning off "Display with magnified screen" (after a long tap on the icon)?

piku

• View Profile
Sdl Woes
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 06:20:24 pm »
Hey everyone,

I have my SL-C3000 and am getting quite involved with the intracacies here.  I'm a bit of an Atari nerd so getting an Atari ST emulator running is somewhat essential to me.  Thus my mission begins...

So the SL-C3000 has different video hardware than the previous models..  So I need a special libSDL right?  Seems so, but not necessarily so, in fact SDL for other models works but the screen rotation is wrong.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76367\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Have you tried turning off "Display with magnified screen" (after a long tap on the icon)?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76436\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

It's much more complex than that.  Most of these apps do not run in 480x640 mode (normal for these models) or if they do, they run very poorly.  The hardware is just too slow.  All of the games, etc, are ALL designed for 240x320.  (320x240 after the display is rotated).

That said, neither of the atari emus will work in 640x480 mode....  They need rotated to be displayed there too!  And besides, this is a full on error message...  I know the SDL from atty.jp for hte SL-C3000 is the one I need to use, it's just bugged somehow.

Thanks for the suggestion though... I've tried next to everything that I can think of.

Thanks,
Mark