Author Topic: Casual Association...  (Read 1489 times)

TsingTao

• View Profile
Casual Association...
« on: February 15, 2006, 06:41:17 am »
Has anyone yet devised a way to easily associate a Zaurus C-xx00 with a newly discovered  AP ?  

As I troll around Japan (and this will likely continue when I return to the US) there are indeed many unsecured access points (particularly in the bigger cities).  But its kind of a pain to have to scan via Wellenreiter, jot down the pertinent info (either on the Z or a napkin or something) and then have to create a whole new wifi setup.  NOTE!  I am very glad I CAN do that though.  And all those who made that possible (Maslovsky (as I am a very content Cacko rom user), and those who create Wellenreiter) have my deepest thanks.  But it would be nice to have it automated.
   I know the best answer to this dilemma is to code such an app/utility myself, but my coding skills in Linux are very limited (as of today anyway, I'm workin' on it...) so I just thought  I'd check and see if anyone had already mashed such up.  I know I'm not the only one who would like a 'site survey' feature...

Second, and somewhat related question, someone created an ipk called somthing alogn the lines of 'slapa$$' a while ago for the 5500.  As I recall it enabled one to associate fairly automatically with open APs that were detected by Kismet (ar was it Wellenreiter ?).  Anyway, any chance this works on the C1000 ?

Thanks all, and I apologize if this topic is addressed in another thread.  I did look beforehand, but couldn't find a similar enough topic.

Thanks again !
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']SL-5500 (formerly)
C-1000  (Currently)

- PQI 512 MB SD / PQI 1GB CF
- D-Link 660W / Socket 10/100 CF Ethernet / Taurgus 56k Modem
- USB Host Cable / Fellowes USB KB / Folding USB KB / Mini Optical Mouse
- 100v - 240v AC adapter /Semson Battery extender (what's up
   with the screw???)
[/span]

"It's all in the reflexes..." - Jack Burton

grog

• View Profile
    • http://
Casual Association...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 06:49:36 am »
Second, and somewhat related question, someone created an ipk called somthing alogn the lines of 'slapa$$' a while ago for the 5500.  As I recall it enabled one to associate fairly automatically with open APs that were detected by Kismet (ar was it Wellenreiter ?).  Anyway, any chance this works on the C1000?[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
The tool one you're referring to is [a href=\"http://undertow.2y.net/zaurus/SLapASS/]SLapASS[/url].
GROG!