Author Topic: For Sale: Sl-5000d  (Read 4479 times)

adisak

• View Profile
For Sale: Sl-5000d
« on: March 24, 2005, 12:41:31 am »
I am selling my SL-5000d.   Unfortunately, I made a mistake in flashing the ROM with the 5500 ROM and turned it into a Brick.

The unit is like-new with no dead pixels, a perfect touch screen, perfect keyboard, etc.  I have the original box and all cables and manuals.  However, it's internal software is hosed unless you return it to Sharp where they will reflash the EEPROM using their JTAG cable.

If you know how to do a JTAG flash, you could restore this to new condition in a jiffy.  You could also use it for spare parts.  All the parts on this are in perfect condition.

I also have a CF WiFi card, two 64MB SD cards, and a USB SD card reader.

For offers, please PM me.  Thanks.

lpotter

• View Profile
    • http://qtopia.net
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 02:43:56 am »
I am selling my SL-5000d.   Unfortunately, I made a mistake in flashing the ROM with the 5500 ROM and turned it into a Brick.

The unit is like-new with no dead pixels, a perfect touch screen, perfect keyboard, etc.  I have the original box and all cables and manuals.  However, it's internal software is hosed unless you return it to Sharp where they will reflash the EEPROM using their JTAG cable.

If you know how to do a JTAG flash, you could restore this to new condition in a jiffy.  You could also use it for spare parts.  All the parts on this are in perfect condition.

For offers, please PM me.  Thanks.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72069\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Was it the Sharp rom 5500 that you tried to flash?
Your zaurus is not necessarily a brick.. and it wont necessarily take a jtag to get it back
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech
irc.freenode.net #qtopia
http://qtopia.net

chyang

• View Profile
    • http://mail.ustc.edu.cn/~chyang/
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 05:27:00 am »
I am selling my SL-5000d.   Unfortunately, I made a mistake in flashing the ROM with the 5500 ROM and turned it into a Brick.

The unit is like-new with no dead pixels, a perfect touch screen, perfect keyboard, etc.  I have the original box and all cables and manuals.  However, it's internal software is hosed unless you return it to Sharp where they will reflash the EEPROM using their JTAG cable.

If you know how to do a JTAG flash, you could restore this to new condition in a jiffy.  You could also use it for spare parts.  All the parts on this are in perfect condition.

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72069\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Your zaurus is not necessarily a brick.. and it wont necessarily take a jtag to get it back
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72083\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Oh? How then?
SL-C3200+Symbol CF WIFI+Corsair 2GB SD
SL-5500+Sharp-3.13 ROM+Viking 512MB CF+Kinston 256MB SD
[img]http://sunsetyang.googlepages.com/c3200.gif\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /][img]http://sunsetyang.googlepages.com/5500.gif\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]
Socket CF Bluetooth + EagleTec CF Lan Card + EagleTec CF Modem
Histroy:
[SL-C3000 Cacko 1.23 Beta 1] Sold on 2006/07/27
MA701 CF WIFI + EagleTec CF Bluetooth + D-Link DCF-660W WIFI
[SL5500+Sharp-3.13 ROM+SimpleTech 64MB CF+Hagiwara 128MB SD] Lost on 18,March,04

adisak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 11:44:26 am »
I am selling my SL-5000d.   Unfortunately, I made a mistake in flashing the ROM with the 5500 ROM and turned it into a Brick.

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72083\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Oh? How then?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72096\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I've tried reflashing back to 5000d flash and it just hangs while flashing.  I can get into diagnostics menu but not much else.   Every post I've seen so far says once this happens, you need a JTAG reprogram.  If you can tell me otherwise I'd be happy to hear that.

adisak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 11:47:54 am »
I am selling my SL-5000d.

Some people have asked prices.  Since it's bricked, I obviously can't ask as much.  Here is what I was considering would be fair.

For just the Zaurus, I was thinking $30 + shipping ($10 depending how far you live from 60008).

Another $15 for the CF WIFI card and $15 for the two SD cards and reader.  I'd combine shipping on these so you wouldn't have to pay any extra.

Or, $50 for everything plus $10 for shipping (if you live in continental US).

adisak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 01:16:10 am »
Zaurus is sold.  CF WIFI and SD cards / reader still available.

gramps

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 01:57:36 pm »
Zaurus is sold.  CF WIFI and SD cards / reader still available.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
What size are the SD cards?

edoc

• View Profile
    • http://bibleseven.com
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 09:53:52 am »

How does one do a JTAG flash and why may only Sharp do it?

I have a 5500 stuck in the Diagnostic Menu.

If I don't have to do a JTAG flash what is my alternative, please?

Thanks!  doc
Sharp SL-C1000 Linux handheld pc, Nokia 6255i cellphone,<BR>
Puppy Linux on powernotebooks.com Z500 laptop,<BR>
<I>IBM TP 600x laptop, and custom assembled desktops.<BR>
Amateur Radio packet, aprs, pactor, psk31, sstv, etc. for<BR>
emergency communications and weak signal experiments.</I>
My Webpage

Hrw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 10:24:37 am »
edoc: search in diag menu for 'clear reset flag' entry so you will get out of it.
OpenZaurus 3.5.4x Release Manager
OpenEmbedded, Ångström, Poky developer
My website

Misc embedded hardware.

edoc

• View Profile
    • http://bibleseven.com
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 10:34:37 am »
edoc: search in diag menu for 'clear reset flag' entry so you will get out of it.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115430\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

On Page 3 of 3 I see 1, 4, 7, and 10 are available and #4 is Clear Diag Flag.

When I select it I get:

Clear Diag Boot Flag
Flag = none
----:(FFFFFFF).

Then I press the center of the "joystick" and back to the Diag Menu.

doc
Sharp SL-C1000 Linux handheld pc, Nokia 6255i cellphone,<BR>
Puppy Linux on powernotebooks.com Z500 laptop,<BR>
<I>IBM TP 600x laptop, and custom assembled desktops.<BR>
Amateur Radio packet, aprs, pactor, psk31, sstv, etc. for<BR>
emergency communications and weak signal experiments.</I>
My Webpage