Author Topic: Help Me!  (Read 3298 times)

henry

• View Profile
    • http://
Help Me!
« on: April 04, 2005, 03:57:20 am »
I tried the "pdaXrom katrhin rc9 builder"--pdaXrom-builder-22.20_30.01.05.tar.bz2, some problems occured, and I found that there is not any configure file or patches files for me to make a linux distribution for my Zaurus SL-C7500.
I successfully installed a RC9.1 on my C7500, so I am sure that 9.1 works well for it. Could anyone give me a builder for RC9.1?
7500C running pdaXrom Kathrin RC9.1
256 MB SD Card, 1 GB CF Card, Wireless/802.11b  CF Card

pgas

• View Profile
Help Me!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 04:31:04 am »
newer version of the builder can be found here:

http://pdaxrom.spy.org/pdaXrom-builder/

try to contact sashz, he is the only person who can "really" help you  (not really easy as the mail @pdaxrom.org doesn't seem to work... but you can try on #cacko irc.freenode.net where he hangs from time to time)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 04:33:22 am by pgas »
SLC-860 cacko / senao wifi

Laze

• View Profile
    • http://www.pdaXrom.org
Help Me!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 04:55:52 am »
The new website is almost done and there will be much better functions and documentations - so please have patience.
C760 running pdaXrom lastest ;-)
SL5500 Running Cacko Qtopia
512 MB SD Card, 128 MB CF Card, Prism2 CF Wlan.

Always visit http://www.pdaXrom.org for latest news.

henry

• View Profile
Help Me!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 08:43:55 am »
Thanks, you two are so nice persons.
I am now in a plan, in which the Zaurus 7500C is selected as a terminal. Our group is going to do some experiments on IPv6, and the plan should be finished by June, that is why I am so anxious to make Zaurus 7500C support IPv6. Thus the first step is to make and compile the new pdaXrom distribution, with a IPv6-supported kernel.
I tried to build a new distribution many times, ah~~~ so many problems for me, you know that I am really a greenhand on linux OS.

BTW: If anyone can tell sashz about my problem, I would appreciate you a lot, a lot.

sashz

• View Profile
Help Me!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 09:59:49 am »
Thanks, you two are so nice persons.
I am now in a plan, in which the Zaurus 7500C is selected as a terminal. Our group is going to do some experiments on IPv6, and the plan should be finished by June, that is why I am so anxious to make Zaurus 7500C support IPv6. Thus the first step is to make and compile the new pdaXrom distribution, with a IPv6-supported kernel.
I tried to build a new distribution many times, ah~~~ so many problems for me, you know that I am really a greenhand on linux OS.

BTW: If anyone can tell sashz about my problem, I would appreciate you a lot, a lot.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73456\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Configuration file for corgi devices - config-sys/corgi-xscale-softvfp-3.3.2-2.2.5-2.4.18/
that the same for all C7x0/860 Zauruses. C7500 the same device too. On default , configuration will build boxer kernel, it will work on C7500 without problems.

henry

• View Profile
Help Me!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 10:24:56 am »
Thank you, sashZ! I run "make menuconfig", have not get any problem. It is 22:23, maybe tomorrow morning the xtools will be ok, I really hope so.

henry

• View Profile
Help Me!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 10:02:10 pm »
Thank you for your reply, sashZ!
I configured and install the xtools in /tmp/crosstools , than I "make kernel_menuconfig", selected the ipv6 modules, and then I make world.
Two problems occured :
Firstly, it told me that "cann't find arm-linux-gcc", so I copied the armv5tel-linux-gcc to it(I don't know if it is right?maybe wrong). Then I run make world.
Secondly, it told me that
----------------------
target: kernel.compile
----------------------

PATH="/tmp/crosstools/":$PATH make -C /home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/"linux"  \
        zImage modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux'
gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o scripts/split-include scripts/split-include.c
scripts/split-include include/linux/autoconf.h include/config
arm-linux-gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -Os -mapcs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fno-common -pipe -mapcs-32 -march=armv4 -Wa,-mxscale  -mtune=strongarm  -mshort-load-bytes -msoft-float   -DKBUILD_BASENAME=main -c -o init/main.o init/main.c
Assembler messages:
Error: use of old and new-style options to set CPU type
In file included from /home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/asm/pgalloc.h:23,
                 from /home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/linux/highmem.h:5,
                 from /home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/linux/pagemap.h:16,
                 from /home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/linux/locks.h:8,
                 from /home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/linux/devfs_fs_kernel.h:6,
                 from init/main.c:16:
/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/asm/proc/cache.h: In function `flush_page_to_ram':
/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/asm/proc/cache.h:118: warning: passing arg 1 of `cpu_pid_va_to_mva' makes integer from pointer without a cast
/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/asm/proc/cache.h:118: warning: passing arg 1 of `cpu_xscale_flush_ram_page' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/asm/proc/cache.h: In function `flush_dcache_page':
/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/asm/proc/cache.h:159: warning: passing arg 1 of `cpu_pid_va_to_mva' makes integer from pointer without a cast
In file included from /home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/linux/highmem.h:5,
                 from /home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/linux/pagemap.h:16,
                 from /home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/linux/locks.h:8,
                 from /home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/linux/devfs_fs_kernel.h:6,
                 from init/main.c:16:
/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/asm/pgalloc.h: In function `get_pgd_fast':
/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/asm/pgalloc.h:67: warning: passing arg 1 of `cpu_pid_va_to_mva' makes integer from pointer without a cast
/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/asm/pgalloc.h: In function `pte_alloc_one_fast':
/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux/include/asm/pgalloc.h:91: warning: passing arg 1 of `cpu_pid_va_to_mva' makes integer from pointer without a cast
make[1]: *** [init/main.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/build/linux'
make: *** [/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/state/kernel.compile] Error 2

What shall I do? I copied the "/home/pda/pdaXrom-builder/config-sys/corgi-xscale-softvfp-3.3.2-2.2.5-2.4.18/config_rom" to the .config

henry

• View Profile
Help Me!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 11:07:37 pm »
Hi, morning everyone:
  I saw sashz on #cacko irc.freenode.net.(thank you pgsas for this address). And I asked some questions. Sashz gave me the answers.

<henry> sashZ
<sashz> morning
<sashz> henry, you could compile gcc 2.95.3 for kernel compilaton. look config-sys/*2.95.3
<henry> morning!
<henry> Must I copy the arm5vtel-linux-gcc to arm-linux-gcc?
<henry> collie-sa1110-softvfp-3.3.2-2.2.5-2.4.18 corgi-xscale-softvfp-3.3.2-2.2.5-2.4.20 pc-x86-hardfloat-3.3.2-2.2.5-2.6.10
<henry> corgi-arm-hardfloat-2.95.3-2.2.5-2.4.18 corgi-xscale-softvfp-3.3.2-2.2.5-2.6.11-rc5 segadc-sh4-hardfloat-3.4.3-1.13.0-kos
<henry> corgi-xscale-softvfp-3.3.2-2.2.5-2.4.18 hms-h8300-nofloat-3.4.3-1.13.0-newlib sucks
<henry> here are all the sub directories in config-sys/, which one should I choose, if I want to build one for my sl-7500c
<sashz> corgi-arm-hardfloat-2.95.3-2.2.5-2.4.18 for gcc 2.95.3
<sashz> choose option external crosscompiler for kernel
<sashz> compile kernel gcc in seperate directory
<henry> ?? Do you mean "The xtools configured by corgi-arm-hardfloat-2.95-2.2.5-2.4.18 are for ipkgs, and I have to install an external gcc2.95 in a seperate directory for the kernel compiling?"
<sashz> nono
<sashz> now you have copmiled only crossgcc 3.3.2, right?
<henry> yes
<sashz> for build zaurus kernel 2.4.18 you must compile also crossgcc 2.95.3
<henry> ??
<sashz> because this kernel will build right only with this gcc
<sashz> look short manual on oesf
<henry> ok, do I have to remove all the files in /tmp/crosstools?
<sashz> yes
<henry> to recompile crossgcc 2.95.3?
<henry> ok
<sashz> if you archived gcc 3.3.2, just unpack it for restore xtool
<sashz> than compile 2.95.3 in /tmp/crosstools-2.95.3 for example
<henry> yes, I have done it,"make archive-tools"
<sashz> than copy rom configuration and make menuconfig and change path to binaries with external crosscompiler for kernel
<sashz> than configure kernel and make it
<henry> If it is done shall I input "/tmp/crosstools-2.95.3/bin" in the externel compiler path?
<sashz> yes, because when run kernel compilation that will looking for kernel compiler
<henry> Actually, I have done that before. And I get the zImage.bin file, but I did not get the initrd.bin after I make image, Some bugs happened
<sashz> which bugs?
<henry> That happened two days ago, I forgot it,god.
<sashz> okay, i go now, will back in 3-4 hrs
<henry> Thanks for your help! tanks a lot, a lot. you are so nice
<sashz> no problem icon_smile.gif