Author Topic: Use Ps/2 Keyboard On Zaurus 5500  (Read 1353 times)

victorhooi

• View Profile
Use Ps/2 Keyboard On Zaurus 5500
« on: April 05, 2005, 07:40:43 am »
Hi,

Does anybody know if it's possible to make some kind of adapter to let you use a normal full-size PS/2 keyboard via the serila port on the bottom of the Zaurus 5500?

If anybody could provide info on making one, that'd be great? Or even better, make one and I'll buy it off you .

thanks,
Victor

PS: Is serial port the proper name for that port on the bottom? Mine just says Sharp I/O Port.

omega

• View Profile
    • http://
Use Ps/2 Keyboard On Zaurus 5500
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 08:23:43 am »
Hi!

Apparently it has been done, using a PIC microcontroller inbetween the serial port and the keyboard. Look around here for a link to it (Japanese site). I will be doing this myself in the summer...  I also intend to get it working within pdaxrom as well...

Will cost you a bit though, I paid €10 for the plug alone.

It is called the sharp i/o port, but within that plug there is a standard serial port.

Will drop back here to this thread, when i finish my degree and have some development time...
Gorgeous C860, 256 Sandisk SD, 1Gig Pretec 40x CF, PDAIR leather case & the really cool retractable iPDA USB sync/charge cable. Powered by PDAXROM BETA 1.

My wish - to have a Command & Conquer style game on my Z! (FREECNC!!!) Simcity 2000 would also be great.