Author Topic: Wanted: Yp3700 For Buy/trade  (Read 1612 times)

TsingTao

• View Profile
Wanted: Yp3700 For Buy/trade
« on: April 08, 2005, 01:56:58 pm »
I've owned and loved my Zaurus SL-5500 for about 2 years now, but it's time to move on.  

I'm looking for a G.Mate Yopy 3700 in good condition (I don't want one for parts).  They're kinda tough to find, even at full price.   I could probably afford to drop $100 to $150 on it , but if you're looking to sell your Yopy and you think this is too low name a figure and we can talk.

Or if you, like me, love gadgets but also like change maybe you'd be willing to trade a YP3700 for my SL-5500.  It is in great shape and would come with a bunch of accessories I obviously won't be needing anymore.

I have:

- Zarus SL-5500 base unit (w/ upgraded ROM)
 - Original docking cradle
 - Original AC adapter
 - Original Utility CD
 - 1 Additional Docking Cradle
 - 64mb SD card
 - 1 Travel AC adapter (can be used to power additional dock)
 - Sandisk Connect 802.11b CF Wifi  card
 - AA battery extender
 - USB IR Dongle (I used this at work before I got the 2nd dock)

- *BONUS* If you want I can throw in a NEW in box SMC Internet Router with
     4-port ethernet switch and integrated 802.11b access point.   Or a used D-Link
     stand alone  802.11b AP if you already have an internet router (or you could add
     a second NIC on your PC and use the AP for ICS).  Your choice.  

I'm gettin' rid of a bunch of stuff 'cause I'm going back to school soon.  So if there's  an item you need that might make a deal worthwhile to you...mention it...I just might have it. Ti-86 calculator...Leatherman Wave multi-tool...Jam PC Drawing Tablet...36" Blowgun...NEC Mobilepro 780 (Ugraded with a 790 ROM + accessories)...Jisatsu Kurabu (aka Suicide Circle) on DVD...Compaq Notebook 100 with Laptop backpack and various accessories...single lock handcuffs...a brick...anything...who knows...

I'm just kinda puttin' it out there.  I'll probably have to sell the Z anyway to help finance my 1 year study abroad in Japan.  But if I can trade up for or reasonably purchase a YP3700 I'd love to have one to play with.  Does it run Kismet ?

Thanks for reading and best wishes to all!
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']SL-5500 (formerly)
C-1000  (Currently)

- PQI 512 MB SD / PQI 1GB CF
- D-Link 660W / Socket 10/100 CF Ethernet / Taurgus 56k Modem
- USB Host Cable / Fellowes USB KB / Folding USB KB / Mini Optical Mouse
- 100v - 240v AC adapter /Semson Battery extender (what's up
   with the screw???)
[/span]

"It's all in the reflexes..." - Jack Burton

padishah_emperor

• View Profile
    • http://
Wanted: Yp3700 For Buy/trade
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 05:00:00 pm »
I've owned and loved my Zaurus SL-5500 for about 2 years now, but it's time to move on. 

I'm looking for a G.Mate Yopy 3700 in good condition (I don't want one for parts).  They're kinda tough to find, even at full price.   I could probably afford to drop $100 to $150 on it , but if you're looking to sell your Yopy and you think this is too low name a figure and we can talk.

Or if you, like me, love gadgets but also like change maybe you'd be willing to trade a YP3700 for my SL-5500.  It is in great shape and would come with a bunch of accessories I obviously won't be needing anymore.

I have:

- Zarus SL-5500 base unit (w/ upgraded ROM)
 - Original docking cradle
 - Original AC adapter
 - Original Utility CD
 - 1 Additional Docking Cradle
 - 64mb SD card
 - 1 Travel AC adapter (can be used to power additional dock)
 - Sandisk Connect 802.11b CF Wifi  card
 - AA battery extender
 - USB IR Dongle (I used this at work before I got the 2nd dock)

- *BONUS* If you want I can throw in a NEW in box SMC Internet Router with
     4-port ethernet switch and integrated 802.11b access point.   Or a used D-Link
     stand alone  802.11b AP if you already have an internet router (or you could add
     a second NIC on your PC and use the AP for ICS).  Your choice. 

I'm gettin' rid of a bunch of stuff 'cause I'm going back to school soon.  So if there's  an item you need that might make a deal worthwhile to you...mention it...I just might have it. Ti-86 calculator...Leatherman Wave multi-tool...Jam PC Drawing Tablet...36" Blowgun...NEC Mobilepro 780 (Ugraded with a 790 ROM + accessories)...Jisatsu Kurabu (aka Suicide Circle) on DVD...Compaq Notebook 100 with Laptop backpack and various accessories...single lock handcuffs...a brick...anything...who knows...

I'm just kinda puttin' it out there.  I'll probably have to sell the Z anyway to help finance my 1 year study abroad in Japan.  But if I can trade up for or reasonably purchase a YP3700 I'd love to have one to play with.  Does it run Kismet ?

Thanks for reading and best wishes to all!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74297\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I was probably the greatest advocate of the Yopy here, it's dead. Gmate have lied to those of us who supported it and led the community efforts. I sold mine and cut my losses with the whole Linux thing.  If you're desparate for one, YopyPDA.co.uk may have some left. Alternatively try my old haunt at yopy.lug.org.uk  But you wont get any support from Gmate who seem to have stopped trading. Good luck.
Left Linux and Linux PDAs... sorry, got boring.  Switched to Mac.