Author Topic: What Oz 3.5.2 Syncing Soft. To Use For Windoze?  (Read 2740 times)

hutchman

• View Profile
What Oz 3.5.2 Syncing Soft. To Use For Windoze?
« on: January 11, 2005, 08:20:09 am »
Now that I am running OZ 3.5.2, what syncing software is available for Windoze?

I saw a list somewhere that listed all the compatible programs but I can't find it now and I don't remember where I saw it.

I'd also like to hear from others running 3.5.2 to find out which one works best for them.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Brian

mugur

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 10:04:21 am »
Hi,
You can use qtopia desktop 1.7.0 from trolltech's webpage. I use it on a Win XP SP 2 machine. It syncs quite well.
I hope u can sync it's painful when a pda can not sync...

acpkendo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 02:05:13 pm »
Intellisync 1.43 (the version distributed with the v2.38 Sharp ROM) will also work with the XML format of the Opie PIM.  I have not yet tried it, but most people seem to have a good experience.

MonkeyMuffins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 02:00:39 pm »
muqur,
How did you do it?  I can synch mine with my winxp box if I use the original rom.  If I flash and try using 3.5.2, I get an error saying that mu usb device was not recognized.

acpkendo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 11:12:41 am »
If you've installed the software from the original Sharp ROM, you need to go to the Zaurus Manager and set the connection type from USB - I/O to USB - TCP/IP.  Then make sure that the address in the "Host IP" box matches what you set for ubs0 in the Network settings app.  FYI, you have to have the Z in the cradle when you make that change, and I usually have to take it out and then re-insert it into the cradle.  The usb0 connection usually comes up no problem then.

You should be able to connect through Qtopia Desktop then.  I have to say, though, that I've not had much luck doing a complete sync with it.  Calendar crashed twice on my yesterday, and I've never gotten the address book to go through without a bazillion security warnings.  But then, I'm using the Outlook plugins. . . if you're just sync'ing with Qtopia Desktop, maybe your experience will be better.

MonkeyMuffins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 03:52:59 pm »
I can load the original ROM and the software from the original disk.  I can synch it.  I can flash my Z with the 3.5.2 and as soon as I put it in the cradel, Iget an error saying that the USB device is not recognized.  I know that it is probably an operator malfunction but I cannot see where.  I tried making the corrections listed above and nothing worked.  Any ideas would be most appreciated.

MB Zaurus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 08:00:06 pm »
I can load the original ROM and the software from the original disk.  I can synch it.  I can flash my Z with the 3.5.2 and as soon as I put it in the cradel, Iget an error saying that the USB device is not recognized.  I know that it is probably an operator malfunction but I cannot see where.  I tried making the corrections listed above and nothing worked.  Any ideas would be most appreciated.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64244\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem (SL-5000D, 3.5.3 ROM, connecting to Win XP SP2).