Author Topic: Selling Zaurus Battery  (Read 46687 times)

oldhat

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2005, 08:08:22 pm »
I got your PM (and I answered it!)...
The batteries are on the way.
Could you please wait until monday?
If it'll not arrive tomorrow / on monday, I'll ask the post office (and you'll get a new one).

I haven't received any answer from you. Neither when I did the payment and sent you 2 emails nor when I sent you the pm.
The only answers I've got from you is when I post in this public forum, so I put my complains here.

I can wait until monday, but if I won't receive the battery before them I will start the procedures to get my money back.

Regards,
Ztep
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99147\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I'll join in with a "me too"...  I've tried several PMs, I don't know if there is something wrong but I haven't seen a reply... oh, and no battery here either (Paid Sept. 20)...

brashley46

• View Profile
    • http://brashley46.no-ip.info
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2005, 12:33:52 am »
Mine showed up in the mail in Toronto today. So far, it holds a charge in the Z; we'll see how long a charge lasts!
B. Ross Ashley
http://brashley46.livejournal.com
http://brashley46.no-ip.info
Home desktops: Hewlett-Packard Kayak XM600 running Xandros Desktop Home Edition Premium (4.1), on a P3 Coppermine processor w/ 20G harddrive, 256 MB RAM; Abyss X2 server running on a local shop-built special with Intel Celeron 1.8GHz processor, 40G harddrive running Win XP Home SP2; and my wife's eMac running OS X3.9

Handheld: C860 running CACkO 1.23, with a Panasonic Class 2 1G SD card and a GXT 1G CF card; AmbiCom WL1100C-CF wifi card, and a CE-AG06 camera card.

oldhat

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2005, 09:44:51 pm »
I got your PM (and I answered it!)...
The batteries are on the way.
Could you please wait until monday?
If it'll not arrive tomorrow / on monday, I'll ask the post office (and you'll get a new one).

I haven't received any answer from you. Neither when I did the payment and sent you 2 emails nor when I sent you the pm.
The only answers I've got from you is when I post in this public forum, so I put my complains here.

I can wait until monday, but if I won't receive the battery before them I will start the procedures to get my money back.

Regards,
Ztep
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99147\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I'll join in with a "me too"...  I've tried several PMs, I don't know if there is something wrong but I haven't seen a reply... oh, and no battery here either (Paid Sept. 20)...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99433\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Its here! (and charging now) Are these 1600 or 1800mAh (or is it the same part either way)?  Just want to be sure before I try running duration test comparisons to the Sharp 'big' 1700mAh and I thought I read 'up to 1600' through the heat shrink wrap.

Thanks!

brashley46

• View Profile
    • http://brashley46.no-ip.info
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2005, 12:03:19 pm »
Mine showed up in the mail in Toronto today. So far, it holds a charge in the Z; we'll see how long a charge lasts!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99451\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Further to this, I haven't really had a duration test yet; it seems to last longer than the EA-BL06,but I haven't been out with it for any length of time ...
B. Ross Ashley
http://brashley46.livejournal.com
http://brashley46.no-ip.info
Home desktops: Hewlett-Packard Kayak XM600 running Xandros Desktop Home Edition Premium (4.1), on a P3 Coppermine processor w/ 20G harddrive, 256 MB RAM; Abyss X2 server running on a local shop-built special with Intel Celeron 1.8GHz processor, 40G harddrive running Win XP Home SP2; and my wife's eMac running OS X3.9

Handheld: C860 running CACkO 1.23, with a Panasonic Class 2 1G SD card and a GXT 1G CF card; AmbiCom WL1100C-CF wifi card, and a CE-AG06 camera card.

Lauter

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2005, 05:05:37 pm »
Hi There!

I don't really know it, too... :/
I have bought them as 1800mAh-batteries... they all have the elektronikpart of the 1800ers, but on the paper is written 1600mAh...  But I think, it's only the wrong paper (because of the electronic) ...

Regards
  Ludwig

h2gofast

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2005, 01:26:53 am »
I would be interested in one of these batteries.
Can you give me a cost of the battery and shipping to the US.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 01:28:54 am by h2gofast »

Lauter

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2005, 01:09:45 pm »
I would be interested in one of these batteries.
Can you give me a cost of the battery and shipping to the US.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99956\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Please send me a mail to lzabel@gmx.de .
That would make it easyer for me.

Regards
  Ludwig

ztep

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2005, 04:52:56 am »
As long as I haven't received the battery, I sent an email to Ludwig and he returned my money.
He is a honest guy.

Sorry for all the problems Ludwing, and if I receive the battery I will send back to you.

zmef420

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2005, 02:17:44 pm »
hey all,

i just got my batt from ludwig. he sent one a month ago and i never recieved it. i emailed him about a week ago and he sent another that just arrived. i can't wait to test it out, it seems to be fully charged now but I m charging her up for good measure. tell yall about it tomorrow.

thanks ludwig

Ragnorok

• View Profile
    • http://
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2005, 02:36:08 pm »
- Gads!  Been longer than I thought since I read this thread.
- Way back when, I expressed interest in a 3000maH (or more! [wink]) battery for the C1000, that would fit in the same space as the C1000 battery.  Lauter asked what I'd pay for one of those, and I mentioned I was hoping for a number and we could haggle.
- Unfortunately I've seen no number, though lots of happy new battery owners are certainly encouraging.  I also saw the deal on how make your own battery, which looks for all the world like you take a "normal" battery, use gold foil to "rearrange" the contacts to match the Z, toss in a (limiting?) resistor, tape it up, and you're done.  Clever, Lauter!
- So I have a couple of points/questions/whatever to toss into the fray:

1. How does one go about discovering what battery will work?  Scour the web for battery statistics?  Where are the original specs, to know what voltages/amperages are delivered by the original three battery pads?

2. It sounds like you're taking a much deserved rest, Lauter, after a real spate of battery-making.  Maybe you dn't want to take on the task of doing a one-off C1000 battery that will likely lead to even more C1000 sales - which will of course take more of your time.  I can understand that!  I'm just wondering if it's an accurate assesment?

3. If you are willing to do a C1000 battery, I imagine the ultimate cost would be driven by how much the source battery costs.  I'm happy with Hiro's default battery, but would still find twice the capacity very attractive, especially now that Cacko has my WiFi working reliably.  (grin)  But I'm not very interested in just tossing around numbers.  I'd think the battery and materials cost, plus some for your time and effort, would be an amenable value.  But without researching battery and materials costs, I don't know what that value would be.  Would you be willing to arrive at that figure, Lauter, and see where that leads?  I'm perfectly capable of figuring out how to build one of these things myself, and have the tools to do it.  (shrug)  It's a matter of ensuring you may profit by your clever solution while simplifying the process for me at the same time.  (happy smile)

- Feel free to "PM" me (here at OESF), or I can try e-mailing you if you prefer.   I put this in the public space so other C1000 users can read and see what we're up to.  (snicker)
- Thanks for your time...
| I shed a tear for the passing of Hiroshi; he served me well
| Zaurus zealot since Nov 2002, PDA user since Oct 1991
| Replaced Z with UMID BZ February 2010

Lauter

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2005, 03:42:31 pm »
Hi!

> - Gads!  Been longer than I thought since I read this thread.
> - Way back when, I expressed interest in a 3000maH (or more! [wink]) battery for the C1000, that
> would fit in the same space as the C1000 battery.  Lauter asked what I'd pay for one of those, and I
> mentioned I was hoping for a number and we could haggle.
> - Unfortunately I've seen no number, though lots of happy new battery owners are certainly
> encouraging.  I also saw the deal on how make your own battery, which looks for all the world like
> you take a "normal" battery, use gold foil to "rearrange" the contacts to match the Z, toss in a
> (limiting?) resistor, tape it up, and you're done.  Clever, Lauter!

It looks like this, but it isn't... There is for example no gold foil on the market, that is thick enough to be used for building the batteries... I am gilding the copper tape by my own... Not that cheap.

> - So I have a couple of points/questions/whatever to toss into the fray:

> 1. How does one go about discovering what battery will work?  Scour the web for battery statistics?  
> Where are the original specs, to know what voltages/amperages are delivered by the original three
> battery pads?

The "specs" are the specs, that are printed on the original (maxXcell) battery.
3,7 / 3,6 V and 1800mAh
The pins are + , - , and one for the resistor.

> 2. It sounds like you're taking a much deserved rest, Lauter, after a real spate of battery-making.  
> Maybe you dn't want to take on the task of doing a one-off C1000 battery that will likely lead to even
> more C1000 sales - which will of course take more of your time.  I can understand that!  I'm just
> wondering if it's an accurate assesment?

I think so, because I don't / didn't have enough time for building any more batteries. ?

> 3. If you are willing to do a C1000 battery, I imagine the ultimate cost would be driven by how much
> the source battery costs.  I'm happy with Hiro's default battery, but would still find twice the
> capacity very attractive, especially now that Cacko has my WiFi working reliably.  (grin)  But I'm not
> very interested in just tossing around numbers.  I'd think the battery and materials cost, plus some
> for your time and effort, would be an amenable value.  But without researching battery and materials
> costs, I don't know what that value would be.  Would you be willing to arrive at that figure, Lauter,
> and see where that leads?  I'm perfectly capable of figuring out how to build one of these things
> myself, and have the tools to do it.  (shrug)  It's a matter of ensuring you may profit by your clever
> solution while simplifying the process for me at the same time.  (happy smile)

I am willing to build 3000mAh-batteries (C1000, c3000, c3100) for 80 Euro (with shipping and conversion rights... so if you don't like it, you send it back and get your money back...). I think, that price is fair.

> - Feel free to "PM" me (here at OESF), or I can try e-mailing you if you prefer.   I put this in the
> public space so other C1000 users can read and see what we're up to.  (snicker)
> - Thanks for your time...

No problem!

Regards
  Ludwig

Lauter

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2005, 06:00:31 am »
Hi There!

I have built 10 batteries (1800mAh), who are now searching for a new home...

Regards
  Ludwig

-------
lzabel@gmx.de

me@home

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2005, 09:39:06 am »
Hello Ludwig,

about the 3000mah is it finished yet or are you still waiting for more people?

I'd buy one and still will for the next few months untill the 2200mah gets cheaper.

mfg
C1000 Cacko 1.23 full 1GB SD (ext2) + 2GB CF (vfat)
history: Sony UX 50, Loox 720, Ipaq 2210, Loox 600
PC: WinXP SP2, WinXP X64, Fedora Core 4

DrWowe

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2005, 10:12:19 am »
Hello,

Would you consider making some batteries that fit the SL-6000?

Think about this:  The official Sharp batteries are basically unavailable so I'm sure you would get a lot of sales because you would be the only person supplying batteries for this device.

Lauter

• View Profile
Selling Zaurus Battery
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2005, 12:33:57 pm »
... still waiting for more interests. I'll let you know, if I get it startet.

Hello,

Would you consider making some batteries that fit the SL-6000?

Think about this:  The official Sharp batteries are basically unavailable so I'm sure you would get a lot of sales because you would be the only person supplying batteries for this device.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105113\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I would like to, but I don't have a sl-6000.
If ther would be someone, who could send me his battery (I'll pay the shipping... and If I would be able to build such batteries, the person 'll get one for free  ) I would try to build it, and you would get your battery back after 2-3 days (like I got it).

Regards
  Ludwig
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 12:34:49 pm by Lauter »