Author Topic: OZ why cant I see the attraction?  (Read 5042 times)

Zuber

• View Profile
    • http://www.shirtpocket.co.uk
OZ why cant I see the attraction?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2004, 03:57:18 pm »
Since \"Constructive\" comments are permitted   :wink:

My big \'problem\' with OZ when I tried it (a couple of months back) was things were too small. I\'m talking for the C7xx models. I little tricky hitting the target as it were for clsing apps etc., possible also because it always detected some movement as well, not sure.

Anyway, since OZ is/was mostly geared at the 55/56xx models, and C7xx support is mostly experimental, it is not exactly surprising. But thought I\'d add something constructive to the topic  
Zuber
ShirtPocket Ltd.
www.shirtpocket.co.uk

gretchen

• View Profile
    • http://www.gretchenann.com
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2004, 08:42:30 pm »
I can use anything but OpenZaurus because it\'s the only ROM that lets me remove things.  After using OZ for a while I went back to the Sharp ROM when I was frustrated with xmms not working (long time ago) and I couldn\'t stand having all the extra applications(help, games I didn\'t like, media player) on there taking up my space.  Whenever I flash to OZ I go in and remove as much as I can.  That frees up internal space for the things that I think are necessary.  For example xmms and vnc server.  (Most of the other apps I remove and then reinstall to my SD card)  Also I have had much more luck finding help when it comes to problems with OZ than I have had with the Sharp ROM.

For the record I have a 5500.
Zaurus SL-3200 Being Shipped
AmbiCom WL1100C Wireless Card

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 05:06:31 am »
i think tkcrom comes with almost no apps installed and runs on the 5500...

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 11:39:10 pm »
Since \"Constructive\" comments are permitted   :wink:  

My big \'problem\' with OZ when I tried it (a couple of months back) was things were too small. I\'m talking for the C7xx models. I little tricky hitting the target as it were for clsing apps etc., possible also because it always detected some movement as well, not sure.

Anyway, since OZ is/was mostly geared at the 55/56xx models, and C7xx support is mostly experimental, it is not exactly surprising. But thought I\'d add something constructive to the topic  :D
This was fixed in opie long ago