Author Topic: Sharp Zaurus Sdk The Easy Way  (Read 69169 times)

Dobby

• View Profile
Sharp Zaurus Sdk The Easy Way
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2006, 06:58:22 am »
Thanks for this SDK. Looks great. Hopefully try it out tonight. One question: Will I need anything else other than what's mentioned in your guide to do GUI development for my C3200?

Thanks.

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2006, 07:18:25 am »
Thanks for this SDK. Looks great. Hopefully try it out tonight. One question: Will I need anything else other than what's mentioned in your guide to do GUI development for my C3200?

You're going to want to read the "getting started" and other guides from Trolltech if you've never done any QT/Qtopia work before. There's quite a few examples of qtopia applications though which are fairly easy to follow.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

xjqian

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2007, 06:03:32 am »
4) create a 1GB partition for the hard drive
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127283\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I followed kopsis instruction tried both QEMU and speculatrix's VMWARE. The only problem is that my hard drive is not mounted. There's nothing in /mnt/hda1 or /mnt/hda2. My hda1 is windows NTFS file system and hda2 is a ext3 partition. Does that mean I have to create 3 additional partitions: swap, ext3 and a fat32 (to help move files between WIN and DSL env).

Edit: I read the previous posts, but the sharing files par is still beyond me.
The smb and sftp method assumes the dsl env has a working network and assigned an IP. Do I have to configure them everytime since the smb.conf or the network conf file is read-only in the image?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:43:39 am by xjqian »
My Blog | 6000L Tosa + sled | is: Angstrom | was: pdaXrom 1.1.0beta1 | was: stock 1.12 rom + no-ffpe fash kernel + X/Qt Debian |
CF GPS (FGPCFCD01) | USB "Prolific 2303" GPS (USB-UG-200) | Socket CF BT rev. H |  USB "Pegasus II" Ethernet (ADM8511) | PocketTop IR kbd | sip:527630@fwd.pulver.com
Todo: OESF wiki | stable VOIP app | usable GPS app |      Wishlist: VOIP + Bluetooth | GPS + Routing Calc

xjqian

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2007, 02:46:42 pm »
Thanks kopsis for making the DSL image available.

The last mile is the most difficult part for me. But finally, I set samba up to make the embedded meet the host, following the instruction here:
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/wiki/index.p..._Windows_system

kopsis, maybe you want to add this into your instruction page.  Also the "sudo su" part + giving write access to /mnt/hda2/somewhere so the samba client can get src files and write to /mnt/hda2/somewhere.  Well, took me a while to sort all this out.

Well, I also totally misunderstood the QEMU + DSL Image. I thought the dsl disk image is read only like the live CD, but actually it's not. It can grow... Learned something new today
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:59:32 pm by xjqian »
My Blog | 6000L Tosa + sled | is: Angstrom | was: pdaXrom 1.1.0beta1 | was: stock 1.12 rom + no-ffpe fash kernel + X/Qt Debian |
CF GPS (FGPCFCD01) | USB "Prolific 2303" GPS (USB-UG-200) | Socket CF BT rev. H |  USB "Pegasus II" Ethernet (ADM8511) | PocketTop IR kbd | sip:527630@fwd.pulver.com
Todo: OESF wiki | stable VOIP app | usable GPS app |      Wishlist: VOIP + Bluetooth | GPS + Routing Calc

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2007, 05:09:10 pm »
Well, I also totally misunderstood the QEMU + DSL Image. I thought the dsl disk image is read only like the live CD, but actually it's not. It can grow... Learned something new today
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152935\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

well, DSL can be a live CD "static" system, but the UCI stuff is a very neat way of making it powerful and flexible; if you install it onto hard drive as I did, and then incorporate the UCI images, and roll it into a full vmware app, it's pretty cool.

But, to be honest, I didn't really need it because I'd already got hold of the arm-gcc-2.95.3 tools from Guylhem's site, and built the trolltech gui tools for x11 on linux/x86.

BTW, well done for getting samba working. I think I simply used scp to copy files over.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 05:09:28 pm by speculatrix »
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2007, 04:38:40 pm »
*bump*

for those who don't want to play with vmware/vmplayer!