Author Topic: Want To Trade Zaurus For My Treo 650 Gsm  (Read 11212 times)

Cyberdoc1971

• View Profile
    • http://
Want To Trade Zaurus For My Treo 650 Gsm
« on: October 14, 2005, 10:05:28 am »
Trying to get out of Palm OS for good, but I still need a good PDA, and I want to tade my barely-used Treo 650 GSM for a Zaurus. I bought this bundle back in July, but didn't use it much, which I have the box and all of it's documentation and software. The set includes:

Treo 650 GSM Phone
Palm Cradle kit
Spare extended life battery
Jabra BT800 Bluetooth Headset

I have been trying to sell this, but I have had no luck. So, I want to trade this for a decent Sharp Zaurus. Please make me an offer, which you can contact me for an offer or for questions at: cyberdoc1971@yahoo.com [ Invalid Attachment ]
"Whatever happens...Happens." - Spike Spiegel (My personal motto)
Archos PMA400 with Archos 1.14-2 Rom, & my own custom theme!
KA/Pi & KO/Pi (Best Address & Calander out there)
TKC Gallery (Best Viewer out there)
No Need For Memory Cards With a 30GB Drive
Nice to have the Built-In 802.11b Wi-Fi
Custom Leather Case
Custom Metal Stylus

Cyberdoc1971

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 01:34:44 am »
Since I am willing to get out of Palm OS completly, I am also going to include my registered copies of Acid Image, Areoplayer, and Kinoma Media Album; all with lifetime licences. i just need to sell this Bundle soon.
Custom Leather Case
Custom Metal Stylus

weez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 02:15:02 pm »
Since I am willing to get out of Palm OS completly, I am also going to include my registered copies of Acid Image, Areoplayer, and Kinoma Media Album; all with lifetime licences. i just need to sell this Bundle soon.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99809\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

What sort of Zaurus are you looking for?  I'm willing to trade, and you can keep the software...

Cyberdoc1971

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 03:23:31 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99809\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I'm looking for a SL-6000, SL-C1000, or SL-C3100.
Custom Leather Case
Custom Metal Stylus

loc4me

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 10:23:31 am »
I will trade you for a pristine SL-5500. Includes the original box, manuals and CDs. Plus Leather case for it.

-Mark
SL-5500 w/ TKC 2.0 beta 3 rom
SL-6000L + Sled w/ Guylhem or Sharp rom. Have not tried PdaXrom YET
SL-C3000 - w/ Cacko C3Kb1. Like it alot

smooth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 05:07:19 pm »
Here are my concerns:
You are only willing to accept cash or money order before shipment.
You claim that your paypal account is unusable.
You never answered me about using an escrow service.
You are not providing anyone here (or via PM/email) with a non-anonymous email address.
You peppered my PM box with offers to trade your 2 month old iBook, which you had listed at half retail price, for my Zaurus (the initial asking price, and now a straight across trade, seemed too good to be true).
Now this morning you ask me if I've already sent out the zaurus, what is the tracking number, and you'll be sure to send out your iBook as soon as you get that information?

Your behavior matches all of the warning signs of a scammer (execpt I suppose requesting Western Union would have been too obvious).
If you are unwilling to accept a verifiable payment option, then the safe solution is to use an escrow service: where a 3rd party handles both of our merchandise (or cash) for a small fee.

I am reluctant to appear to be impugning the character of a fellow trader, if you are legitimate I apologize. In the meantime, I don't see anything that gives me any confidence and a lot of fellow Z owners were scammed in an Amazon fiasco last year and I couldn't remain silent for their sake. It's worth the loss of a fantastically priced iBook for all of our online safety and satisfaction.

--Michael

Cyberdoc1971

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 12:01:19 am »
Here are my concerns:
You are only willing to accept cash or money order before shipment.
You claim that your paypal account is unusable.
You never answered me about using an escrow service.
You are not providing anyone here (or via PM/email) with a non-anonymous email address.
You peppered my PM box with offers to trade your 2 month old iBook, which you had listed at half retail price, for my Zaurus (the initial asking price, and now a straight across trade, seemed too good to be true).
Now this morning you ask me if I've already sent out the zaurus, what is the tracking number, and you'll be sure to send out your iBook as soon as you get that information?

Your behavior matches all of the warning signs of a scammer (execpt I suppose requesting Western Union would have been too obvious).
If you are unwilling to accept a verifiable payment option, then the safe solution is to use an escrow service: where a 3rd party handles both of our merchandise (or cash) for a small fee.

I am reluctant to appear to be impugning the character of a fellow trader, if you are legitimate I apologize. In the meantime, I don't see anything that gives me any confidence and a lot of fellow Z owners were scammed in an Amazon fiasco last year and I couldn't remain silent for their sake. It's worth the loss of a fantastically priced iBook for all of our online safety and satisfaction.

--Michael
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101533\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I wasn't trying to be overzealous in any way, I wish you had PM'd me about your concearns than in a public forum. It put me in a bad light than what it really is. I am currently trying to get out of both mac and palm. I have a good Linux PC, and I currently need a linux-based PDA. At first it was my hopes to sell my Treo or the iBook to fix my car, but I was able to get the funds to fix it elsewhere. I still need to sell or trade these items, but being the victim of idenity theft twice in the past year on E-bay with someone using my information that killed my PayPal account; it makes selling or trading these items very difficult. I do understand your concearns very well, but you could have been a bit mere discreet about it.
Custom Leather Case
Custom Metal Stylus

Omicron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 02:36:54 pm »
I still need to sell or trade these items, but being the victim of idenity theft twice in the past year on E-bay with someone using my information that killed my PayPal account; it makes selling or trading these items very difficult. I do understand your concearns very well, but you could have been a bit mere discreet about it.
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Well that certainly instills confidence.  You have your identity stolen twice so you resort to "less than above-board" ways to make a trade by not using paypal, escrow or other reputable service.

How the heck is anyone suppose to know if your identity is currently stolen or if you are in fact a scammer claiming identity theft since your methods are suspect?

[a href=\"https://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17467&st=0&p=113141&#entry113141]EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS <LINK>[/url]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 02:38:31 pm by Omicron »
"You Shall Not Pass"    
....Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings
--------------------------------------------------------------
C-860 (Cacko), 3x4gb MD  
DLINK 660W, 1GB SD,  
Upgraded Archos AV320 w/80GB HDD
Pocketop and Targus IR keyboards
Favorite Deal Site: SaveCity.net (pretty cool, good deals daily on one page)

tlacour

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 03:12:47 pm »
Dude!

You just about gave me a heart attack!

I just logged on and thought that Cyberdoc1971 had posted this again after I had just warned everyone and he is supposed to by sending me payment for the Ipaq he stole from me this Friday.

Tony
Tony
Montgomery, TX
Current: Treo 650, Clie'TH55, Ipaq 1950, Ipaq 5550
Past:HP 95lx, Velo1, HP 360lx, Velo 500, Nino 500, Compaq 2010c, Aero 1530,  J(Jornada)420, J680, Casio EM500, J548, J568, Sharp Zaurus 5600, J720, Clio 1050c, J728, Palm m100, iPaq 3760, Treo 90, iPAQ 3800, Sony Clie NX70v, Axim X3i, iPaq 1910, iPaq 2210, Asus a730, Clie UX-50, Zodiac 2, iPaq 2795, Ipaq 2755, Palm T5, Asus A620,Samsung i600, PSP

lareya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 03:26:37 pm »
Okay, I have to add that I almost had dealings with this guy cyperberdoc.  He told me he would purchase my cl860 for $500 and S/H.  He said that he didn't have a credit card or had a paypal account. I had asked him to use paypal.  So he said that he would make two payments and send it with western union.  I said okay, cuz I have been young and poor myself before.  So then I asked him to let me know when he sent the western union check.  It never arrived.  I asked him to please then check the tracking number, and he said that since it was christmas, it might take a while cuz he was busy.  Okay.....Well, now I guess he doesn't want it anymore, cuz he has not "talked" to me anymore.  It is okay, cuz I never sent out my beloved Z to him.  I just think he either needs to get his act together and get organized, or not play with people like that.    I have hesitated to say anything before...  but now reading up on this forum with other people having problems with him - I guess I feel compelled to tell my story.

Lareya
SL-C3000: un-bricked (Thanks to Cresho!)
C-860: pdxRom

tlacour

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 04:15:41 pm »
Okay, I have to add that I almost had dealings with this guy cyperberdoc.  He told me he would purchase my cl860 for $500 and S/H.  He said that he didn't have a credit card or had a paypal account. I had asked him to use paypal.  So he said that he would make two payments and send it with western union.  I said okay, cuz I have been young and poor myself before.  So then I asked him to let me know when he sent the western union check.  It never arrived.  I asked him to please then check the tracking number, and he said that since it was christmas, it might take a while cuz he was busy.  Okay.....Well, now I guess he doesn't want it anymore, cuz he has not "talked" to me anymore.  It is okay, cuz I never sent out my beloved Z to him.  I just think he either needs to get his act together and get organized, or not play with people like that.    I have hesitated to say anything before...  but now reading up on this forum with other people having problems with him - I guess I feel compelled to tell my story.

Lareya
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I appreciate you coming forward.  I can understand not wanting to put a black mark on someone's name without good reason, but I think we owe it to anyone else who may be lured into a deal.  I personally searched Cyberdoc1971 before I agreed to trade.  I did see the post where someone else questioned his methods, but, like you, felt I could give him a chance.  Also, he has several posts on another forum which for me established him as a fellow PDA geek.    I don't like to think one of use true PDA geeks would intentionally steal from each other.

Unfortunatly, I got burned.  On a positive note, I can afford it.  For me PDA's are mostly a hobby.  I do use them for work, but it is really only a convenience.  I'll save up over the next couple of weeks and buy a new one.  It would really be a shame if a young collage student had all of their money tied up in one of these trades and got ripped off.

IpaqHQ.com has a forum (I think pinned) in their classified section which people can post if someone has burned them.  I think this is a great idea for all such forums.  It gives everyone an oppertunity to warn others of crooks.

Unlucky for Mr. Melrose, this time he came across someone who will not let him off the hook.  I will not let him go until he has paid for this theft.  (No I am not threatening violence).  I just want him to think twice before he tries it again.

Tony
Tony
Montgomery, TX
Past:HP 95lx, Velo1, HP 360lx, Velo 500, Nino 500, Compaq 2010c, Aero 1530,  J(Jornada)420, J680, Casio EM500, J548, J568, Sharp Zaurus 5600, J720, Clio 1050c, J728, Palm m100, iPaq 3760, Treo 90, iPAQ 3800, Sony Clie NX70v, Axim X3i, iPaq 1910, iPaq 2210, Asus a730, Clie UX-50, Zodiac 2, iPaq 2795, Ipaq 2755, Palm T5, Asus A620,Samsung i600, PSP

Mjolinor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 04:41:19 pm »
I just want him to think twice before he tries it again.

Sadly he won't but people like that will not stop me being as I am. It is a sad fact of this world that such people exist. I got ripped in pretty much the same way for $1000 a few years ago with a laptop. My wife is always giving me stick because I will send money or goods to anyone on a trust basis. I occasionally get ripped off but to me it's worth it because I would hate to live in a world where no one trusted anyone else.

To me, if someone needs so badly to behave like that then I sympathise with them and wonder what hardships they have endured to cause them to turn into such a person, their need for the item / money is obviously far greater than mine. I am sure that we (the human race) are not like that by nature or at least that is what I choose to believe.

Hmmm, just read that, think I'll take up preaching.

tlacour

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 04:51:30 pm »
I just want him to think twice before he tries it again.

Sadly he won't but people like that will not stop me being as I am. It is a sad fact of this world that such people exist. I got ripped in pretty much the same way for $1000 a few years ago with a laptop. My wife is always giving me stick because I will send money or goods to anyone on a trust basis. I occasionally get ripped off but to me it's worth it because I would hate to live in a world where no one trusted anyone else.

To me, if someone needs so badly to behave like that then I sympathise with them and wonder what hardships they have endured to cause them to turn into such a person, their need for the item / money is obviously far greater than mine. I am sure that we (the human race) are not like that by nature or at least that is what I choose to believe.

Hmmm, just read that, think I'll take up preaching.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113164\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Amen!  

I hear the same from my wife.  I also want to believe the best of people.  That's why it really ticks me off when someone actively steals on the forums.  I think there is a certain level of trust we generate by being a part of these communities.  

Now I'm preaching.    

We should start a church.  Just don't expect me to sing or be in charge of the collections.  I don't even trust myself that much.    

Tony
Tony
Montgomery, TX

guylhem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 12:35:59 pm »
Just a quick work to let you know that Scott Melrose also stole a simpad from me. Pretended to have never received it, and said the 650 (I wanted to work on the linux port!) was damaged by USPS in NJ.

Anyone from NC to give a hand?

Antikx

• View Profile
    • http://tyrannozaurus.com
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 01:23:34 pm »
Well put Mjolinor, and good for you.
I would have wailed if I had been ripped off when buying my C1000 off eBay (single income family and all), but I would have come to grips with it eventually. My sympathy to all those that have been rippped off by this person.
Kanpai,
-Antikx (Twitter, Mugshot and PodNova)
C1000 - pdaXrom R198 (Celestial Environment)
tyrannozaurus.com
[img]http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/files/category_pictures/general_1.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]
Zaurus news/blogs feed from Zaurus users
Free Windows, Linux, or Web RSS readers.
Featured pages at tyrannozaurus:
Sharp Petition, ScummVM, Cacko, pdaXii13, and Celestial Environment