Author Topic: Pcsx Port Here(pdaxrom Version)!  (Read 5682 times)

urielka

• View Profile
Pcsx Port Here(pdaxrom Version)!
« on: October 15, 2005, 09:48:20 pm »
i compiled Pcsx with patches based on Pcsx for X/qt which tewks for pdaxrom(the Pcsx for X/Qt will not work on pdaxrom!).

the problem is that i can not compile softGPU plugin with any -O setting!(which means no optimazions which means bad speed  ).
when compiling with a -O setting the compiler hangs on draw.c and eating all the memory including 128MB swap , i think that it is a gcc bug(laze and shasz check that plz).
all the other stuff is compiled with -O4 -mcpu=iwmmxt -mtune=iwmmxt for better speed.
i am not realising the Port until i have a -O4 or -O3 softgpu(which be faster that current one that only getting 8 fps at game play).

i am realesing the modifided files to compile P.e.p.o softGPU plugin.

plz help me gtting this to work

Uriel
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 09:57:31 pm by urielka »

ikm

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 04:28:53 am »
i compiled Pcsx with patches based on Pcsx for X/qt which tewks for pdaxrom(the Pcsx for X/Qt will not work on pdaxrom!).

the problem is that i can not compile softGPU plugin with any -O setting!(which means no optimazions which means bad speed  ).
when compiling with a -O setting the compiler hangs on draw.c and eating all the memory including 128MB swap , i think that it is a gcc bug(laze and shasz check that plz).
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99531\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Are you compiling on the Zaurus? The compiler can eat enormous amounts of memory when compiling large complex files, this is a normal behaviour. If you're compiling on the Zaurus, try using the cross compiler on a regular PC box.

p.s. If the swapping starts to occur, the compilation is almost always doomed -- you need more RAM then.

urielka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 04:42:19 am »
i am not cross-compiling(by system glibc based while sdk is built to libc systems)
i used swap a 128M swap but i see this:
when compiling with -O setting draw.c takes forever eats all the memory and while doing it ,it goes for idle to full load like evry second.
when compiling without -O setting it takes a minute and i don`t even need a swap.

plz can someone tried to compile P.e.p.o softGPU on his Z with -O3 or -O4 setting?
src here:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/peops/P...tar.gz?download
replace files using my patches.

plz plz someone try a native compile , i need to see if this is a problem that i only have

Uriel

ikm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 10:49:22 am »
i am not cross-compiling(by system glibc based while sdk is built to libc systems)
i used swap a 128M swap but i see this:
when compiling with -O setting draw.c takes forever eats all the memory and while doing it ,it goes for idle to full load like evry second.
when compiling without -O setting it takes a minute and i don`t even need a swap.

plz can someone tried to compile P.e.p.o softGPU on his Z with -O3 or -O4 setting?
src here:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/peops/P...tar.gz?download
replace files using my patches.

plz plz someone try a native compile , i need to see if this is a problem that i only have

Uriel
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99552\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Cross-compiling would solve your problem. Z just doesn't have enough memory. Use of swap file gives the compiler an ability to continue working, but with the performance degraded to almost zero. So you can try using a bigger swap over NFS and leave it for a night  Cross-compiling is sure a better solution.

willgan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 11:26:56 am »
try cross compile dgen-sdl and generator...
I can't seem to cross compile it on my desktop....
Native compile.. then the compiling when smoothly...

We still lack some console emulators...

I wonder if someone could port Little John Palm or Little John Zodiac to Zaurus...  Most of the console modules run flawlessly on my Tungsten T3....
My Current Z...

Zaurus C1000 - Pdaxii13
Using Pdaxrom-builder (SVN) for building packages

urielka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 11:54:31 am »
man i am working on Pcsx and VBA after that i will work on Genesis Emulator(Sega Genesis has less games than GBA nither say GBA is still getting games just look at Need For Speed Undergourd 2).
can someone post a libiconv.so.2 file so i can run my cross-compile setup(if you have gentoo tell me how you got this working)

about Little John can it run Pcsx or gba?
does it run on arm already(which means that they have dynamic recompiler for PS1 on Arm and in gba they have native arm-on-arm support)?

if yes i will start porting it now!

Uriel
by the way Pcsx running Tekken3 at 10FPS@624MHZ

willgan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 12:02:25 pm »
i'm using gentoo ... i just emerge --nodeps libiconv ... it doesn't break my system though...

Little John Palm... doesn't run GBA and PCSX.. its something like MESS..
It runs on palm OS.. so its already optimize for xscale machine..

If you can get LDChen to work on the zaurus port for FPSEce.. that will be sweet...

For sega genesis emulator .. try Genesis Plus...
Its one of the fastest genesis emulator... used in LJP..
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 12:05:11 pm by willgan »
My Current Z...

Zaurus C1000 - Pdaxii13

urielka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 12:09:48 pm »
i post in FPSEce about linux port need to check that the main part i need for FPSEce is the SoftGPU and a damn good dynamic recompiler(i know they have one  )

urielka

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 12:25:41 pm »
i am doing now emerge --nodeps libiconv now i will try to cross compile Pcsx stuff and Vba with -mcpu=iwmmxt -mtune=iwmmxt -O4(this means that it will only run on C1000/C3x00!).
need to do some stuff so i will be here back in couple of hours with hopefully a better build of Pcsx (i think around 15FPS will be a great succes coz it doesn`t have a dynamic recompiler with one(optimzied) we can get 100% frame rate like nothing)
the Z got 416(up to 624MHZ) and the PS1 got only 33MHZ and by the rule that for emulating we need 10x more power we have enough.

willgan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 12:31:41 pm »
i bet if u can contact FPSE developer... they can help you on the GPU dynacomp codes...
My Current Z...

Zaurus C1000 - Pdaxii13

henrysviper

• View Profile
    • http://prasinos.eu/
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 03:40:43 pm »
iplz can someone tried to compile P.e.p.o softGPU on his Z with -O3 or -O4 setting?

Just for information: there is no -O4 and -O3 is usually dangerous.
(e.g., see this article or this one)
C750 :: Switching between Angstrom and Debian armel :: SD Kingstron 2GB (ext3) :: SD Toshiba 512MB (ext3) :: CF Transcend 80x 1GB :: CF Lexar 4x 256MB :: Ambicom CF WiFi :: Targus CF Modem :: Brando solar charger

urielka

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 07:11:36 pm »
i used -O4 already so it is exist and -O3 compiled my all gentoo system so it`s not so dangoures .
i tried the same thing in crosscompiling and got the same thing it start eating my all mem(512 MegaByte RAM + 512MegaByte Swap).
it`s a gcc bug.
just anyone that have cross compile SDK do this:
1.go to vba sourceforge site and download 1.7.2 source
2.configure with:
Code: [Select]
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/arm/3.3.2/armv5tel-cacko-linux/X11R6/lib" ./configure --host=armv5tel-cacko-linux --build=i686-linux --x-includes=/opt/arm/3.3.2/armv5tel-cacko-linux/X11R6/include --x-libraries=/opt/arm/3.3.2/armv5tel-cacko-linux/X11R6/lib --disable-debug --prefix=/usr CFLAGS="-g -O4 -mcpu=iwmmxt -mtune=iwmmxt" CXXFLAGS="-O4 -mcpu=iwmmxt -mtune=iwmmxt"you can try -O2 or -O3 if you want it still willn`t work.
if it work or doesn`t work post here i want to see if i am the only one that have that problem

EDIT:the error that i get is:
armv5tel-cacko-linux-g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.
See for instructions.
make[2]: *** [GBA.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/uriel/VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2/src/sdl'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/uriel/VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

if you read file INSTALL in vba src you will see that if you use gcc 2.9.5 you should not enable optimazions(coz it will hang on GBA,cpp which is true) ,but we have 3.4.4 maybe the same bug is still in our 3.4.4?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 07:25:01 pm by urielka »

sashz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 02:23:05 am »
i used -O4 already so it is exist and -O3 compiled my all gentoo system so it`s not so dangoures .
i tried the same thing in crosscompiling and got the same thing it start eating my all mem(512 MegaByte RAM + 512MegaByte Swap).
it`s a gcc bug.
just anyone that have cross compile SDK do this:
1.go to vba sourceforge site and download 1.7.2 source
2.configure with:
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/arm/3.3.2/armv5tel-cacko-linux/X11R6/lib" ./configure --host=armv5tel-cacko-linux --build=i686-linux --x-includes=/opt/arm/3.3.2/armv5tel-cacko-linux/X11R6/include --x-libraries=/opt/arm/3.3.2/armv5tel-cacko-linux/X11R6/lib --disable-debug --prefix=/usr CFLAGS="-g -O4 -mcpu=iwmmxt -mtune=iwmmxt" CXXFLAGS="-O4 -mcpu=iwmmxt -mtune=iwmmxt"you can try -O2 or -O3 if you want it still willn`t work.
if it work or doesn`t work post here i want to see if i am the only one that have that problem

EDIT:the error that i get is:
armv5tel-cacko-linux-g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.
See for instructions.
make[2]: *** [GBA.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/uriel/VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2/src/sdl'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/uriel/VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

if you read file INSTALL in vba src you will see that if you use gcc 2.9.5 you should not enable optimazions(coz it will hang on GBA,cpp which is true) ,but we have 3.4.4 maybe the same bug is still in our 3.4.4?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99627\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I used for cross compilation PC with 512 MB RAM and 512 MB swap. Compilation GBA.cpp with maximum optimization eat all physical RAM.

urielka

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 10:05:38 am »
so it`s a bug?
it should work work on native compile(x86) i will try it now.
i tried x86-build with -O4(which is -O3 now) and it build ok so it`s gcc bug(more true cc1plus)

stuffman

• View Profile
    • http://www.dylanpowell.net/zaurus
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 03:02:52 am »
Any advances in the project? I am dying to get either Gran Turismo or Final Fantasy VII to work on the Z... My friends are already blown away by what the Zaurus can do, and this would just be some sweet icing on the cake.
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']SL-C860 Running pdaXrom 1.1.0beta1.
5GB Seagate ST-1 Microdrive from Rio Carbon, Asst. Other CF Cards.
512MB Sandisk SD.
AmbiCom WL1100C-CF WiFi Card.
Some GPS Card I Can't Remember...
Palm Tungsten Retractable Stylus (If You're Not Using These, You're Missing Out!).
[/font][/span]