Author Topic: Bluetooth Belkin F8t020  (Read 6198 times)

Dima202

• View Profile
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« on: December 01, 2005, 02:49:51 pm »
I saw some posts that the card works on cacko just fine and cacko supports it. But pdaXrom is having some problems.
Anyone get this card to work on pdaXrom rc12?
For some reason it is being recognizes as "Compaq iPAQ Bluetooth Sleeve"???
Please post your experiences, solutions !

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 04:06:34 pm by Dima202 »

Dima202

• View Profile
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 12:36:01 pm »
no one got this to work? (

macwiz

• View Profile
    • http://www.macwiz.co.uk
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 08:23:58 am »
no one got this to work? (
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105978\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
My Z with RC12 sees it as the same card as you. No joy. It was so cheap, and seeing the long threads from users trying to get bluetooth cards to work, I gave up. Sorry.
Macwiz
c860, never quite lived up to my expectations... my fault I guess
17in MacBook Pro lovely xxxx
iPhone 3G ummm
SE P990i with UIQ3. Never enough RAM.
Pocket Loox 720 used for designing ebooks. Just don't like it though!

macwiz: apple mac support in Oxfordshire
Twitter: @boffinboy

0xDEADBEEF

• View Profile
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 05:32:20 am »
I got it to work.
/etc/pcmcia/bluetooth script is broken and it does not initialize uart

the solution is trivial
1. in /etc/pcmcia/bluetooth change
 ID=`/sbin/cardctl ident | grep info: | sed 's/^ *product info: *//' | sed 's/"/\\"/g'`
to
 ID=`/sbin/cardctl ident 0 | grep info: | sed 's/^ *product info: *//' | sed 's/"/\\"/g'`

the problem here is that cardctl ident displays both identification of bluetooth card and the internal microdrive

in /etc/bluetooth/bt-uart.conf
add line
"CF CARD", "GENERIC", "", "":/dev/ttyS3 bcsp
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 05:43:50 am by 0xDEADBEEF »

ThirtyOne

• View Profile
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 07:31:32 am »
Can anyone else confirm this works?  If it does I see Bluetooth in my future.

Thanks for the tip, 0x!

0xDEADBEEF

• View Profile
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 01:13:16 am »
Tonight I have configured ppp over rfcomm/bluetooth and got an internet connection through my Sony-Ericsson T616.
Victory!!!

wowo123

• View Profile
    • http://
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 04:43:54 am »
Can anyone else confirm this works?  If it does I see Bluetooth in my future.

Thanks for the tip, 0x!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106559\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I use this card alternatively with cacko and pdaxrom RC12. It works without problems with ppp connections to my nokia-phone and, with special scripts, in a PAN environment in connection to my win2000 server which I use for internet connections. I had to copy some scripts (f.i. uart) from my cacko-bt-setup to /etc/bluetooth and /etc/pcmcia in pdaxrom to modify the serial-BT-setup and the card-identification. I think there are several infos regarding this in the forum. Good luck!

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 06:57:01 pm »
I have this card and a C750 with Beta 1. I have the four bluez packages installed, but I can't find the bt-uart file, and the line mentioned in the /etc/pcmcia file isn't there. I did get some errors when installing the bluez stuff. Can anybody help me get this to work?
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo

Wildherb

• View Profile
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 06:38:55 am »
Tonight I have configured ppp over rfcomm/bluetooth and got an internet connection through my Sony-Ericsson T616.
Victory!!!
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

0xDEADBEEF, please can you share the details of how you did this please? I've got a socket Bluetooth card in a C3000 running beta 2. My phone is a Sony Ericsson T630 and it all worked fine under the Sharp ROM

I've been following this guide
[a href=\"http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_internet_access_gprs_edge_via_bluetooth_gsm_phone]http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_internet_a...tooth_gsm_phone[/url]

hcitool scan can see my phone OK, and I know the dialing details for my service provider. The problem comes when I run

pppd call T630.

The Z tries to authenticate with my phone based on a pin "1234" which I then type into my phone but every time the phone rejects it.    I've tried numerous variations on the pin-helper script. Can you share your scripts for pin-helper please?

Obviously, for security reasons we should all change our pin to something other than 1234 once we get it working!
C3000 running OpenBSD 4.4
C3100 running OpenZaurus

adf

• View Profile
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 12:55:19 am »
Ok, Just picked up a belkin f8t020.  No luck popping it in and running hcitool scan--all I get is "no device success"
hciattach -s 921600 /dev/ttyS3 bcsp times out (though it turns the green light off until I get the timeout message.)

I see it works in Cacko, and that this thread ends nearly a year ago, I guess from this that the card is working pdaX(ii13, in my case).

Being on fresh installation of pdaxii13 openobex openobex-tools bluez and ppp are all installed

If it is fixed, would someone mind telling me how to get this card working?  I am at about the same place Capn_Fish was about a year ago. the link in the previous post assumes that hcitoo scan returns something--  in my case it does not, as the card seems unrecognized.
 Has anyone got this card working? If so how?
thanks in advance.

edit: found this thread in whch Capn_fish says it is working ,after he dl'd a pair of conf files in a zip posted on the thread.  I can't download anything--I get the "garbage in a new tab" effect, or save as will save the link but not the target. what did tose files contain?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 01:13:02 am by adf »
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

jpmatrix

• View Profile
    • http://matrixmen.free.fr
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 02:39:20 am »
Ok, Just picked up a belkin f8t020.  No luck popping it in and running hcitool scan--all I get is "no device success"
hciattach -s 921600 /dev/ttyS3 bcsp times out (though it turns the green light off until I get the timeout message.)

I see it works in Cacko, and that this thread ends nearly a year ago, I guess from this that the card is working pdaX(ii13, in my case).

Being on fresh installation of pdaxii13 openobex openobex-tools bluez and ppp are all installed

If it is fixed, would someone mind telling me how to get this card working?  I am at about the same place Capn_Fish was about a year ago. the link in the previous post assumes that hcitoo scan returns something--  in my case it does not, as the card seems unrecognized.
 Has anyone got this card working? If so how?
thanks in advance.

edit: found this thread in whch Capn_fish says it is working ,after he dl'd a pair of conf files in a zip posted on the thread.  I can't download anything--I get the "garbage in a new tab" effect, or save as will save the link but not the target. what did tose files contain?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163432\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

well i've this card and i remember it was detected out of the box with pdaxii13. tell us what you have in /var/log/messages
**Fujitsu U1010 !!!  
**ex-Zaurus SL-C3000 owner with Debian kernel 2.6.24-yonggun

adf

• View Profile
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 03:04:01 pm »
for a while it was saying no file at /etc/bluetooth/pin--so I made one that just says 0000

Now, the end of /var/log/messages says: (after I restart BT and insert the card)
sdpd startup succeded
socket 0: Compaq Ipaq Bluetooth Sleeve
executing: './bluetooth start ttyS3 2>&1'
+ Starting Bluetooth... parse error line 3
+ Done

If you had no trouble, possibly I should reflash?

Edit: I reflashed pdaxii13  --formatted hd default, reboot, install new rom, reboot, power off, install hdimage---should be fine

hci dev returns "devices:  "

the log no longer contains the parse error, but still lists the card as an Ipag Sleeve, the green light stays on.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 04:04:01 pm by adf »
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

adf

• View Profile
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 02:56:39 pm »
flashed to cacko-it works fine there, so the problem isn't my hardware
jpmatrix are you using the latest pdaxii13?  there are no different modules listed by cacko when it works fine than there are in pdaxii13 (on mine, anyway) when it identifies the card as an Ipaq Sleeve and doesn't work at all, as far as I can tell from lsmod.

edit cacko identifies the card as a dell truemobile 300. weird, but it works!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:31:26 pm by adf »

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 08:57:46 pm »
jpmatrix are you using the latest pdaxii13?  there are no different modules listed by cacko when it works fine than there are in pdaxii13 (on mine, anyway) when it identifies the card as an Ipaq Sleeve and doesn't work at all, as far as I can tell from lsmod.

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163503\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

have you tried copying the bluetooth.conf from cacko to pdaXrom?
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

adf

• View Profile
Bluetooth Belkin F8t020
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 01:20:13 am »
jpmatrix are you using the latest pdaxii13?  there are no different modules listed by cacko when it works fine than there are in pdaxii13 (on mine, anyway) when it identifies the card as an Ipaq Sleeve and doesn't work at all, as far as I can tell from lsmod.

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163503\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

have you tried copying the bluetooth.conf from cacko to pdaXrom?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163518\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Ok--  obvious solution that I missd complety. Will do, Thanks