Author Topic: Porting Pdaxrom To C3000 ... Quite Close But ...  (Read 21578 times)

ThC

• View Profile
    • http://
Porting Pdaxrom To C3000 ... Quite Close But ...
« on: December 02, 2005, 05:11:09 pm »
Hi,

Long time no post for me here but I've not been inactive and still want a better way to use pdaXrom on my Z

So here I go again, bricking my Z hundreds of times to make it to a real pdaXrom c3000 install ... and I came pretty close to it as I figured out all the mess wih the install script and filesystem splitting etc ... but now I have a problem with the kernel and really need help :
I fisrtly tried to use pdaXrom's c1000 kernel as tetsu's c1000 and c3000 kernels are the same ... with no success : black screen and zaurus not responding
I then tryed tetsu's v18a kernel wich works well for dual booting pdaXrom ... partial success , and that's where I'm stuck
Everything is going fine except ... hdd is not mounting , modprobe /  insmod can't find ide-cs.o module (and I can't find it anywhere either).
And I don't ven understand why is it bugging me out with this module as it don't seem to be present in any kernel nor any rom... btw if anyone knows where I can find an ide-cs.o compiled module for Zaurus kernel 2.4.20 ... (I can't even find it in the modules while doing a D+B boot but hdd mount without a problem in this mode) ...

I'm pretty convinced it's one of the last problems lasting before I can have at least a beta version working of this pdaXrom for c3000

Hope someone will be able to understand my bad english and help me out
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 05:38:18 pm by ThC »
SL-C3000 - pdaXrom 1.1.0Beta1
SL-C860 - pdaXrom 1.1.0 RC8 (charging circuitry dead :( )
CF RamStar 512 Mb / Hitachi 4Gb microdrive (thanks to creative's muvo² :p)
SD Sandisk 1Gb / Viking 256 Mb
Linksys WCF13 CF wifi card

Anyone willing to donate for my work, please consider donate to pdaXrom and/or OE/OZ projects instead, I wouldn't have been able to do anything without them ...

ThC

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 09:36:06 pm »
I finally figured out this problem and am now really close to have it working ... more info soon  

Anyone willing to donate for my work, please consider donate to pdaXrom and/or OE/OZ projects instead, I wouldn't have been able to do anything without them ...

fastscirocco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 05:47:10 pm »
Sorry I can't provide any help, but I am very interested in hearing
what your results are!

FS

realm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 09:36:28 am »
i have a kernel i made i'm using on my c3000 if you need any help. As of now the problems it gives me are these: (if anyone knows how to fix them i'd really like to know)

Key repeat doesn't work, hold down a key and you get it once.

Bluetooth subsystem is broken, my card is recognized and bt started, but when i scan for devices it hangs.

I compiled my hostap driver and am using it, but it takes a while once i set the essid for my wifi card to associate with an ap.

those 3 things are all i really can think of off hand that aren't how they should be in the kernel.

I have mine compiling natively under a chrooted debian on my c3000. For anyone else who wants to be able to do that just symlink gcc-2.95 to gcc, and the other the other parts of gcc used for building the kernel, the only error's i've ever got compiling a kernel on my c3000 were bad sym links for something used to build the kernel. all the symlinks for binutils need updated to point to the right version and your good to go. the post that helped me with this is located Here.
SL-C860   r197
SL-C3000 Angstrom with e17 /1 Gig SD/Senao Wifi/CF Bluetooth/CF GPS

ThC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 03:34:26 pm »
I think for kernek the best would be to figure out exactly which options maslovsky used ... or rebuild the whole thing with it's own kernel using pdaxrom builder ... maybe after I figure out every little thing as I'm now fighting with /etc dir and how to keep it rw while having hardly modded files in it and without deleting the /home/etc dir which is rw (and I was thinking I figured everything out with rom repartition yet ... :/ ) I'm learning more and more about linux every day and I really love that and I feel I'm getting closer day by day ... I really hope I'll be able to make you all a really nice Xmas present with this one
I'd really love having some help from someone who worked on porting other roms on C3000 (iamasmith do you hear me ?   )

ThC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 04:01:01 pm »
Could someone send me the original content from /dev/mtdblock3 (I just can't do a NAND flash restore because of CF/SD cards problems and need it) ?
just boot using the D+B method (remove battery, then put it back while holding D+B buttons and press on, still holding D+B ) and then
Code: [Select]
mkdir /mnt/home
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock3 /mnt/home
cd /mnt/home
tar -cf /mnt/cf/home.tar *        // or card of course

flavien

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 06:02:37 am »
I would like pdaXrom on my C3000                  
SL-C3000 aka spitz / Linksys Wireless CF / Sandisk 512Mo SD

al_do

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 12:46:57 pm »
I subscribe for the christmas gift!
pleeeaaassseee port pdaxrom on c3k  !

ThC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 01:15:45 pm »
Finally had to buy a cheap 32Mb cf card to be able to NAND restore and then continue my little project ...
I'm quite disapointed that none of the experimented rom developpers out there have tryed to contact me so, sorry but it may not be ready for christmas as I'm still having some troubles with the boot sequence and can't find good documentations on the boot process of the c3000
Btw I'm glad to see any interest in my work so it will motivate me to work harder

daniel3000

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 02:38:58 pm »
Btw I'm glad to see any interest in my work so it will motivate me to work harder
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106865\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Okay, so here is some more motivation:

I'd really like to try pdaXrom too, probably not as the main system, because I have put a significant amount of efforts into my Cacko 1.23b1-based setup and have almost everything going fine now what I need (and this is a lot!), but on my backup unit I'd like to try pdaXrom and maybe use it to have some programs on the second machine which cannot be used on the main unit.

No hurry for me - I rather have a well considered and working system than one which has been developed so fast that a lot of problems remain.
Of course I'm willing to betatest, so I'm prepared for problems, but it makes work for you easier, too, if we do not force you to release something before christmas ;-)
Do you still need the mtdblock3 contents? I could probably provide it (if it does not matter that I have Cacko installed). Just let me know.

Thanks a lot!
daniel
SL-C3200 with weeXpc, based on pdaXrom 1.1.0beta3
HP 200LX with MS-DOS 5.0

ThC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 03:15:35 pm »
Thanks for support !

at the moment i'm more or less in a "proof of concept" stage which may still have bugs, but I have lots of projects to improve it later ... when I'll be sure to have figured out everything about boot process  (actually thinking about what using bitbake to build a fresh pdaXrom install for c3000 would involve )

I think that when I'll have a working image I'll spread it as a public beta test so everyone can enjoy using it , maybe with problems and maybe not (btw I will not distribute it if it have more problems than the dual-boot method )

I don't need the mtdblock3 content any more as I'm now able to restore my NAND at will (see my precedent post)

Stay tuned for more news (or help requests ! )
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 03:22:47 pm by ThC »

loc4me

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 04:58:06 pm »
Keep up the hard work. I am very interested in using PdaXrom. It seems that iamasmith  is too busy or something to work on porting Cacko 1.23 to the 3000. The beta version of Cacko works well but i would definately like to see more than one option for ROMs on the C3000.  When it gets close i would gladly be a beta tester. Thanks again.

-mark
SL-5500 w/ TKC 2.0 beta 3 rom
SL-6000L + Sled w/ Guylhem or Sharp rom. Have not tried PdaXrom YET
SL-C3000 - w/ Cacko C3Kb1. Like it alot

fastscirocco

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 07:38:58 pm »
I'd like to add my encouragement, I've been waiting and waiting for pdaXrom
to be ported to my C3000 since I acquired it earlier this year.

I wish I could provide more help other than encouragment, but alas that's
encouragement is all I can provide.

Keep up the good work!  

ThC

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 02:58:19 pm »
A quick status update

Sashz helped me a lot since yesterday and now my c3000 is nearby booting with pdaxrom ... it's still not ready even for a beta as you still have lots of things to do from boot to get X running but I have it running ... but still have some of the problems of the dual boot method so I guess I'll have to rebuild a kernel or to figure out why pdaxrom c1000 kernel doesn't fit for the c3000 (may be an updater.sh problem)

ThC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 10:43:03 am »
Quick status update : pdaXrom's c1000 kernel not booting on c3000 is definitely not updater script related ... so I'll now have to build a pdaXrom kernel for c3000 (I'll now try to create config files for pdaXbuilder to make a full image for c3000)