Author Topic: Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2  (Read 119154 times)

bcom75

• View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2006, 08:42:37 pm »
pardon the simple question, I had followed ThC's earlier instructions on dual booting pdaxrom and cacko, so I have a EXT2 hda3 partition. Could anyone tell me how I can restore the partitions to the Sharp stock configuration, prior to flashing in the rom on my c3000? Also, should I perform this step from cacko?
many thanks!

iamasmith

• View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2006, 04:49:23 am »
pardon the simple question, I had followed ThC's earlier instructions on dual booting pdaxrom and cacko, so I have a EXT2 hda3 partition. Could anyone tell me how I can restore the partitions to the Sharp stock configuration, prior to flashing in the rom on my c3000? Also, should I perform this step from cacko?
many thanks!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112705\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I believe that the latest updater that ThC produced has an option to restore an SL-C3000 (with standard Microdrive fitted) to default partition sizes.

- Andy
OpenBSD 4.2 -current on full 4Gb of SL-C3000
Microdrive replaced with 4Gb SanDisk Extreme III card

bcom75

• View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2006, 06:39:47 am »
many thanks!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112705\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I believe that the latest updater that ThC produced has an option to restore an SL-C3000 (with standard Microdrive fitted) to default partition sizes.

- Andy
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112726\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

cheers for that, another question, should I just extract the initial tgz or must hdimage.tgz be extracted manually too to the CF root?

ThC

• View Profile
    • http://
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2006, 06:51:09 am »
the installer won't restore the original content of HD ... btw I have the project of producing an updater script which will be able to restore a c3000 to factory state (would just be a matter of producing another hdimage.tgz with original hdd content) ... btw, such a file can be found using the search feature for a topic about c3000 restore from scratch, with instructions on how to use it

btw, after resizing the partitions to default, you could also use directly the cacko installer which will restore hdd content with it's own , or, if you wanted to install my pdaxrom beta, just continue with my installer, extracting only the first tgz file to your CF root
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 06:54:19 am by ThC »
SL-C3000 - pdaXrom 1.1.0Beta1
SL-C860 - pdaXrom 1.1.0 RC8 (charging circuitry dead :( )
CF RamStar 512 Mb / Hitachi 4Gb microdrive (thanks to creative's muvo² :p)
SD Sandisk 1Gb / Viking 256 Mb
Linksys WCF13 CF wifi card

Anyone willing to donate for my work, please consider donate to pdaXrom and/or OE/OZ projects instead, I wouldn't have been able to do anything without them ...

bcom75

• View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2006, 07:02:45 am »
the installer won't restore the original content of HD ... btw I have the project of producing an updater script which will be able to restore a c3000 to factory state (would just be a matter of producing another hdimage.tgz with original hdd content) ... btw, such a file can be found using the search feature for a topic about c3000 restore from scratch, with instructions on how to use it

btw, after resizing the partitions to default, you could also use directly the cacko installer which will restore hdd content with it's own , or, if you wanted to install my pdaxrom beta, just continue with my installer, extracting only the first tgz file to your CF root
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112736\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
thanks for the reply. Can I just format the ext2 back to FAT32 in cacko and carry on with your instructions? or is there more to it? please provide me with the necessary command if i only need to do that...

ThC

• View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2006, 07:10:16 am »
I dont exactly understand what you are trying to achieve ... are you still trying to dual boot ? if so, maybe you could PM me and tell me what problems you had the first time

Anyone willing to donate for my work, please consider donate to pdaXrom and/or OE/OZ projects instead, I wouldn't have been able to do anything without them ...

bcom75

• View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2006, 07:48:22 am »
I dont exactly understand what you are trying to achieve ... are you still trying to dual boot ? if so, maybe you could PM me and tell me what problems you had the first time
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112739\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

no, I want to wipe everything away and keep only the Pdaxrom. The only change to my original configuration is that I had formatted hda3 to EXT2 to be able to dual boot. But I want to remove that and have a nice new installation of c3000b2. So, do I need to do anything before proceeding with your instructions?
thanks

ThC

• View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2006, 08:57:56 am »
then you don't have to do anything, the hdd resize utility won't check for original partitions (that's why it's only compatible with standard internal hdd at the moment) so you just have to follow the instructions at start of the post and then to apply meanies instructions to patch all files that need to be patched and you're done
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 08:58:09 am by ThC »

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2006, 10:44:54 pm »
Tnx Meanie.

But i have some problem, after halt (suspend) mode my zaurus wake up, but not respond to any command if CF ethernet card inserted.

Sorry my english poor i`m from russia
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112687\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

i don't have a cf ethernet card but it should be similar to a cf wifi card. did you do the fix for cardctl in my earlier post?
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

Glorin

• View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2006, 03:49:57 am »
Strange, i not found it changes.
I use your sed for network.py, but not  check result, my fault.
Tnx
Sharp SL-C3000
PdaXroM
CF ethernet TRENDnet
SD Kingstone 1 Gb
One more from Russia :)

pyknite

• View Profile
    • http://pyknite.monserveurperso.com
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2006, 02:49:00 pm »
how can i restore the default partition to install a the cacko??

Itry in the installer menu "restore default factory partition" but when it boot for the first time the cacko, it said me that it can mount hdd3
zaurus sl-c3000 - under pdaXrom1.0.1 for sl-c3000
Wifi +BT CF card
utopik Blog
Mirror for pdaXrom sl-c3000

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2006, 05:17:46 pm »
Do I understand correctly that this allows for a dual boot; pdaXrom and Qtopia?

If so, then YES, I'd be very interested!

Have been trying to install dual boot for pdaXrom and Qtopia on my 3100 using instructions on other post in this forum by 'someonehoi' but having problems getting it to work right.

Thanks,

Mark

@sylpil : would you be interrested in a pivot_root install for c3100 ? if yes, why ?
(I should make one if enough people are interrested in this one)
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110535\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Silicon Valley Digerati - * Please see my Mini Laptops For Sale Listing *
Cosmo Communicator / One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 3S (Win 10/Manjaro 18)
Banana Pi Zero UMPC/Armbian
MacBookPro
Sold: C3200/N900/OQO/N5/Dell Mini9/Netwalker/UMID M1/

pyknite

• View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2006, 05:55:27 am »

Itry in the installer menu "restore default factory partition" but when it boot for the first time the cacko, it said me that it can mount hdd3
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113431\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

no idea???
Wifi +BT CF card
utopik Blog

pyknite

• View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2006, 06:41:45 am »

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113431\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

ok resolved (thx THC  )

use the hd utils in the flash menu and use restore defaults partition factory

next open the console and type

#mke2fs /dev/hda2
#mkfs.vfat /dev/hda3

and after that when you install cacko, all will be good
Wifi +BT CF card
utopik Blog

KA6AH

• View Profile
Pdaxrom For C3000 Beta2
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2006, 01:54:35 am »
Hello,

I've patched networkpy, but still have very similar problems when trying to setup bluetooth ppp connection from menu system tools/ppp modem (make connect via bluetooth). After I press 'apply' my zaurus hangs exactly as if cardctl eject was issued. I've searched all other python files, but did not found another cardctl eject operator there. Seems as if it is hardcoded into the ppp modem applet, or did I missed something

PS OMG, after installing mb applet keypanel russian (and shitched russian and back to english) my minus and dot keys are not working anymore