Author Topic: Gpe Pim Apps  (Read 202113 times)

trichmon

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2006, 02:16:35 pm »
has anyone tried to sync using the gpe multisync plugin?  

Todd
SL-6000l running pdaXrom RC12 icewm + rox
Targus keyboard
Trendnet cf 10/100 ethernet
Linksys CF wireless
Sandisk 256mb SD card
Lexar 1gig SD card
SL-5500 running zynergy rom

koen

• View Profile
    • http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/cms/
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2006, 02:36:36 pm »
has anyone tried to sync using the gpe multisync plugin? 

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123797\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

The multisync plugin is obsolete, use the opensync one instead. I've used the opensync one to sync gpe on my nokia 770 on other geek toys
Forums are not bugtrackers!!! Smart questions
Ångström release team
iPAQ h2210, iPAQ h5550, iPAQ hx4700, Zaurus SL-C700, Nokia 770, all running some form of GPE
My blog

trichmon

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2006, 06:34:46 pm »
I must be doing something wrong.  I have the current gpe cvs (off the contrib page) and the new at file and atrm file and I get the following errer (on the console) when ever i make or change an appt.  And i dont get an alarm.  Im sure its just something im not doing.

Todd

PS trying soundbite tonight - thanks so much.
Targus keyboard
Linksys CF wireless
Sandisk 256mb SD card
Lexar 1gig SD card

karlto

• View Profile
    • http://
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2006, 08:44:33 pm »
I must be doing something wrong.  I have the current gpe cvs (off the contrib page) and the new at file and atrm file and I get the following errer (on the console) when ever i make or change an appt.  And i dont get an alarm.  Im sure its just something im not doing.

Todd

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123828\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
What is the error?
SL6000-L, RC12

Andmann

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2006, 08:56:07 pm »
Now that I have installed the atd nothing works and I don't get any errors on the console.
I am about to un-install everything and start from scratch.
Should I be using a different atd as I don't see one on the contrib site.

thanks.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 08:56:41 pm by Andmann »
C1000 running pdaXrom R198 SP8.
1G Kingston Ultimate 133x SD
256M Kingston SD
Ambicom WL1100C Wifi
Symbol 802.11b Wifi

trichmon

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2006, 09:45:35 pm »
I must be doing something wrong.  I have the current gpe cvs (off the contrib page) and the new at file and atrm file and I get the following errer (on the console) when ever i make or change an appt.  And i dont get an alarm.  Im sure its just something im not doing.

Todd

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123828\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
What is the error?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123836\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Sorry thought i included that, error reads
rm:cannot remove `/var/spool/at/*.2676': No such file or direcotry

It also seems that for some reason my Z locks up cold when i close gpe-calendar, or gpe-soundbite-play.  

gpe-soundbite-record works mostly.  It will start up and record.  But i am unable to stop recording through the gui, i have to ctr-c to stop it.  gpe-soundbite-play works fine as well to start playing but it also will not stop through the gui and ctr-c closes the app then my Z locks up less than a sec later.  Willing to test anything for more information if you need.

Todd
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:53:20 pm by trichmon »
Targus keyboard
Linksys CF wireless
Sandisk 256mb SD card
Lexar 1gig SD card

karlto

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2006, 10:19:22 pm »
Sorry thought i included that, error reads
rm:cannot remove `/var/spool/at/*.2676': No such file or direcotry

It also seems that for some reason my Z locks up cold when i close gpe-calendar, or gpe-soundbite-play. 
That error is normal - the calendar is trying to remove the event after it has executed (and removed itself). Removing works fine if the event has not yet occurred. (Maybe I should add a test for the file before trying to remove it in the at script?)

I will have a play around to check everything is still working and let you know. In the meantime, check you have installed all the necessary dependencies (Xromer's packages don't check these). It seems strange that it is locking up, so maybe you are missing something.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 10:28:55 pm by karlto »
SL6000-L, RC12

trichmon

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2006, 10:33:44 pm »
reinstalled all the packages and the calendar works fine now.  Still have the same issue with gpe-soundbite though.

Todd
Targus keyboard
Linksys CF wireless
Sandisk 256mb SD card
Lexar 1gig SD card

karlto

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2006, 10:52:09 pm »
reinstalled all the packages and the calendar works fine now.  Still have the same issue with gpe-soundbite though.

Todd
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123848\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Do the alarms work too? I think I am finding them slightly less reliable with this latest version - at always runs the scripts, but sometimes the calendar stops the alarm (I think?)

As for soundbite, it requires the gsm package - I found it acted very strangely before I installed it. Also the OK and Cancel buttons appear to do nothing in record or play (just close the window and it stops).

Edit: maybe soundbite is not so good... they keep running after the window closes, and record segfaults when closed (although not closing?), and play freezes when it gets to the end of the recording...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 10:59:27 pm by karlto »
SL6000-L, RC12

trichmon

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2006, 11:22:05 pm »
Yup the alarms seem to work.  

I will try to give the calendar a good working as soon as I can find a place to download the gpe plugin for opensync.

Todd
Targus keyboard
Linksys CF wireless
Sandisk 256mb SD card
Lexar 1gig SD card

Xromer

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2006, 05:57:03 am »
Yup the alarms seem to work. 

I will try to give the calendar a good working as soon as I can find a place to download the gpe plugin for opensync.

Todd
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123854\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Ok, i did a lot of tries. Now we are always there.
The GPE stuff is made to work with newer libglade,gtk,glib etc. packages than the PdaXroms one.
So the gpe-soundbite utility is compiled with signals that the libglade on PdaXrom can' t catch.
I have to see how to correct the code for the PdaXrom libglade, but libgsm seems to work.
I would like to find another tool like that, that rec in mp3 or wav instead, for a quality issue.
For the GPE-Calendar of the FC4 i did a lot of tries. It seems all to work, it generates the right at event and Gpe-Announce Snooze function works too.
The only problem is that deleting the event Calendar seems to generate it again.
That' s an update_view function issue. I have to see if i can fix it, it would be the last fix to do to make it fully work.
For the Zauri Calendar, now that development on CVS stopped for a while, i will try to make the changements i thought. If libevent really works without errors the fixed libshedule should work.
This evening i will try the Linphone package too, compiling the same also for the Desktop.
For the GPSDrive CVS packaging the problem is that it works with the new glib package that has the iconv integrated so i should reflash with the new ROM from Sash and i don' t have time now.
So i stopped working on it until i do not finish on the GPE-PIMS. I will give a try to the builder too.
Now it' s the time, as the old SDK does no more seek the builder new features.
BYEZ!
[span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\']I don't know how, but i' ll do!!!
This is how i like to live! :)[/span]

Ipaq hx4700

karlto

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2006, 03:37:24 pm »
The only problem is that deleting the event Calendar seems to generate it again.
That' s an update_view function issue. I have to see if i can fix it, it would be the last fix to do to make it fully work.
I'm not sure if deleting the event generates it again on the Zaurus, but opening the calendar the first time after an alarm goes off always seems to regenerate that alarm.

It's 99% there though, and the gpe-pim suite is now generally usable - good work.
SL6000-L, RC12

trichmon

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2006, 01:30:30 am »
I finally spent the evening setting up and trying out the cross compiler.  The end result is gpesyncd.  This is the pda side of the gpe sync solution.  From what i understand you can only use this with opensync, which was not hard to build and setup.  

If you want to give this a try this is what worked for me (at least well enough to sync evolution and gpe on my 6000.  You need a file in .gpe called gpesyncd.allow.  All it need to have in it is the ip address of the machines allowed to sync.  For example mine just says 192.168.129.1.  Then you need to run gpesynd from the command line with the -D switch to start it in Daemon mode.  

gpesyncd -D

you will see a message about it starting up on such and such a port.

On the pc side you have to setup libopensync, the gpe plugin and what every other plugin you need.  

Sorry no ipk yet, i will try to build one once i get an init script built.

Todd
Targus keyboard
Linksys CF wireless
Sandisk 256mb SD card
Lexar 1gig SD card

Xromer

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2006, 09:58:14 am »
Trich, try the GPE for FC4, so you don' t have to sync.
For the Zauri i' m near to be ready, as i did the modification for the Zauri AT.
With the advancement of my knowledge, as there are some VAR Scope differences between PHP and C, i think i could modify the Event Lib too.
It' s only to try.
I did the modification using the libpopt, now i have to integrate it with fopen to make it recognize the Event string.
If it works, i will compile and put online.
BYEZ!!
[span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\']I don't know how, but i' ll do!!!
This is how i like to live! :)[/span]

Ipaq hx4700

trichmon

• View Profile
Gpe Pim Apps
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2006, 03:00:14 pm »
Trich, try the GPE for FC4, so you don' t have to sync.
For the Zauri i' m near to be ready, as i did the modification for the Zauri AT.
With the advancement of my knowledge, as there are some VAR Scope differences between PHP and C, i think i could modify the Event Lib too.
It' s only to try.
I did the modification using the libpopt, now i have to integrate it with fopen to make it recognize the Event string.
If it works, i will compile and put online.
BYEZ!!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124030\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I would love to but I have to work in an exchange style calendar system.  I can use Kontact or evolution to work with it but I would like to get that info to sync with my gpe on my Z.  Im mostly there with the gpesyncd.  Otherwise i have to go back to the sharp rom  or carry an axim as well as my Z which i use for working with my switches and routers.

Todd
Targus keyboard
Linksys CF wireless
Sandisk 256mb SD card
Lexar 1gig SD card