Author Topic: Sound Driver Issues?  (Read 1364 times)

conundrum

• View Profile
Sound Driver Issues?
« on: February 27, 2006, 02:58:56 am »
I've been using pdaXrom since RC5, and I really love it.  However, it seems like each and every RC has some very strange sound dirver bugs, with the new beta being the worst off.

I use my C860 for surfing the web, checking my email, etc.  It performs all of these tasks extremely well for such a small device.  However, when I try to use it as an mp3 player the same problem always comes up.  

I open XMMS, set the screen blanker applet to disable suspend, blank the screen and close the clamshell.  As soon as two minutes later, the device will freeze.  It normally takes a few presses of the power button to get it back on. (power button, tap the screen, repeat)  At which point I recieve an error message from XMMS, and can't play any music until I reboot the device (not just X).

Has anyone else had this problem?  Have I been making some silly mistake this entire time?

Just to be clear, I'm using a C860 with beta RC1,  256 SD card and a 512 SanDisk CF.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 03:00:07 am by conundrum »

Reaper

• View Profile
Sound Driver Issues?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 03:28:22 am »
Yes, I had the same problem with both 760 and 3000. Less often with the latter, though (only about the sound). But pure suspend problem (device doesn't react to taps) is more serious with C3k. I think the matter is related to the APM and Sharp OSS driver. Also I heard that people who use ALSA (mainly OZ users  )don't seem to have such sound problem. It would be nice to have ALSA for pdaX, too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 03:30:25 am by Reaper »