Author Topic: Usb Peripherals  (Read 2659 times)

adf

• View Profile
    • http://
Usb Peripherals
« on: March 14, 2006, 05:51:38 pm »
Ok... As some of you know, I am not succeeding in my attempt to get my d-link dwl-122 working.

This got me thinking--it is a cheap easily available device. I should get another, send it to laze and have it working for all  (that is how these things go, right?)

Welll... I also have anold usb - ethernet adapter about as big as the z, and need a smaller slimmer one.

I also thught a modem would be handy...

... and a known good--esily available BT dongle.

I think we should put out heads together to make a listt of small, cheap, easily available and idenbtifiable usb peripherals that should be supported on pdaxrom. then we should send them to laze (1 of each kind.... we aren't trying to give sashz a breakdown) maybe even with a donation or two. then we'd have a nice standard, working, "kit" of available usb peripherals.

I'll find and send a dwl122 later this week (outta town for a bit) Imight send one or 2 other devices, depending on the cost to me.  

we need:

the list o good devices
volunteers to buy ans ship or donate
Laze to agree to this, and provide an address ( I think he said somehting to this effect a while back, though).

Ideas? device suggestions?  

device types?

-AF
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

cycle_55

• View Profile
Usb Peripherals
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 01:05:36 am »
Ok... As some of you know, I am not succeeding in my attempt to get my d-link dwl-122 working.

This got me thinking--it is a cheap easily available device. I should get another, send it to laze and have it working for all  (that is how these things go, right?)

Welll... I also have anold usb - ethernet adapter about as big as the z, and need a smaller slimmer one.

I also thught a modem would be handy...

... and a known good--esily available BT dongle.

I think we should put out heads together to make a listt of small, cheap, easily available and idenbtifiable usb peripherals that should be supported on pdaxrom. then we should send them to laze (1 of each kind.... we aren't trying to give sashz a breakdown) maybe even with a donation or two. then we'd have a nice standard, working, "kit" of available usb peripherals.

I'll find and send a dwl122 later this week (outta town for a bit) Imight send one or 2 other devices, depending on the cost to me. 

we need:

the list o good devices
volunteers to buy ans ship or donate
Laze to agree to this, and provide an address ( I think he said somehting to this effect a while back, though).

Ideas? device suggestions? 

device types?

-AF
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118587\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I would be interested but don't have any suggestions at the moment. I have offered to send a Planex wifi card but have not had a reply.

c
C3100,  1.1.0beta3, Rox, Ambicom WL100C-CF wireless , Buffalo ethernet

anunakin

• View Profile
    • http://vivaphp.net
Usb Peripherals
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 06:39:35 am »
My D-Link DWL-122, works fine using wlan-ng drivers....
[img]http://www.vivaphp.net/imagens/rev2.jpg\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]
Anunakin (Marcus Fazzi)

Nokia N900 32GB + microSD 2GB
Nokia N810 w/ microSD 8GB
Nokia 5310 XpressMusic w/ microSD 1GB
HP48GX->Psion Sienna->Palm m130->Tungsten T->Zaurus SL-5500->C3000->C3100 ALL SOLD

My FEED(On Line AGAIN!!!)

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.pocketnix.org
Usb Peripherals
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 06:58:25 am »
I have 2 dwl-G122's, 802.11G USB wifi cards that i know work with the acx100 wifi drivers, i cant wait till 2.6 so i can give this ago in my docking cradle

I have yet to find a bluetooth dongle that dosent work as nearly evey single one is the same underneath and is supported by a couple of diffrent drivers (most of them only add firmware downlodaing)

tell me if you can find a small usb modem. all the ones i have seen are huge, even my ethernet adaptor is smaller (althogh it is the size of a flash disk so it would be hard to match), im thinking of taking the win/softmodem approch and using my headphone jack and do all the MOdulating/DEModulating in software, then i only need a cable

i have heard that there are also wifi routers with 56K modems but i dont like the idea of lugging somthing like that around
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

Gemini Order: #95 (roughly)
Current Device: Samsung Chromebook Gen 3
Current Arm Devices Count: ~30
Looking to acquire: Cavium Thunder X2 Hardware

stbrock

• View Profile
    • http://
Usb Peripherals
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 09:03:23 am »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118675\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I suspect several people would appreciate a posting of your changes to the configuration files and your startup commands. It didn't work out of the box for me.  (I worked on getting it going reading the forums and wlan-ng documentation for an hour or so. But I got USB bluetooth working for networking through my cell phone and dropped the effort on the DWL-122.)

The two main hardware issues for me are SD cards > 1 GB (now fixed) and a USB wireless dongle so I don't have to remove my 4GB CF card, where Debian is running, to get network access. The DWL-122 seems durable and very light -- little stress on the USB port if it hangs out the back of a C1000 unsupported -- a good choice so long as power consumption isn't a problem. (Haven't been able to test and see)

anunakin

• View Profile
    • http://vivaphp.net
Usb Peripherals
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 06:24:48 am »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118675\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I suspect several people would appreciate a posting of your changes to the configuration files and your startup commands. It didn't work out of the box for me.  (I worked on getting it going reading the forums and wlan-ng documentation for an hour or so. But I got USB bluetooth working for networking through my cell phone and dropped the effort on the DWL-122.)

The two main hardware issues for me are SD cards > 1 GB (now fixed) and a USB wireless dongle so I don't have to remove my 4GB CF card, where Debian is running, to get network access. The DWL-122 seems durable and very light -- little stress on the USB port if it hangs out the back of a C1000 unsupported -- a good choice so long as power consumption isn't a problem. (Haven't been able to test and see)
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118701\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I not changed config files: only made a 2 line script

$iwconfig wlan0 mode managed channel 9
$dhcpcd wlan0

and installed, wlan-ng package!

OK! I never tested out from powered USB HUB...  
[img]http://www.vivaphp.net/imagens/rev2.jpg\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]
Anunakin (Marcus Fazzi)

Nokia N900 32GB + microSD 2GB
Nokia N810 w/ microSD 8GB
Nokia 5310 XpressMusic w/ microSD 1GB
HP48GX->Psion Sienna->Palm m130->Tungsten T->Zaurus SL-5500->C3000->C3100 ALL SOLD

My FEED(On Line AGAIN!!!)

pisto

• View Profile
Usb Peripherals
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 07:14:22 am »
Hello,
  the Wi-fi dongle works directly pluged in the Zaurus or does it need a powered usb hub?

jose-vi

• View Profile
Usb Peripherals
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 08:15:59 am »
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118701\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I not changed config files: only made a 2 line script

$iwconfig wlan0 mode managed channel 9
$dhcpcd wlan0

and installed, wlan-ng package!

OK! I never tested out from powered USB HUB...  
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118844\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Hello
I seen this topic, and I made a equal question in other topic.
I wish to know how to make usb wifi to work in Zaurus sl c1000 with pdaxrom beta 3.
Meanie explained me that exist: usbutils package that handle it.
I bought This Usb, and have a powered hub:
a PDL usb wifi, with a cd ron in japan.
Then as I do not have internet I want to access by wifi

I founded the page of the company that sen me this usb, appears the product and others things, I wish this be usefull for you to help me.

[a href=\"http://www.conics.net/catalog/product_info...products_id=157]http://www.conics.net/catalog/product_info...products_id=157[/url]
Perhaps do you konk how fix the problem of sd card >1gb?
Thanks to all (especials to Meanie)