Author Topic: Site Access Denied - By Cybersense Guard  (Read 4074 times)

omega

• View Profile
    • http://
Site Access Denied - By Cybersense Guard
« on: April 23, 2006, 08:52:25 am »
Hi all,

I recently started working for a great company, however this is the only website that i can't access and it really annoys me. I've just been sitting through 40 index pages catching up!

I can access the website by putting in the ip address instead of the dns, but this only allows me to go one page at a time, which is really annoying and on certain pages it doesn't seem to help. Can anyone suggest what I can do to browse by IP only?

I tryed putting it into my host file, so that the computer only ever sends the IP address request, but that does not seem to help.  Websites like the-cloak.com are obviously blocked as well, is there any way to access a mirrored version of the website or is there an alias for this dns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i would like to be back active in the community.
Gorgeous C860, 256 Sandisk SD, 1Gig Pretec 40x CF, PDAIR leather case & the really cool retractable iPDA USB sync/charge cable. Powered by PDAXROM BETA 1.

My wish - to have a Command & Conquer style game on my Z! (FREECNC!!!) Simcity 2000 would also be great.

dz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dangerz.net
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 12:07:59 pm »
Why is the site denied?  What's the reasoning?
http://www.dangerz.net
c860 : Cacko
The greatest experience we can have is the mysterious.
- Albert Einstein

iamasmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 04:02:32 pm »
Hi all,

I recently started working for a great company, however this is the only website that i can't access and it really annoys me. I've just been sitting through 40 index pages catching up!

I can access the website by putting in the ip address instead of the dns, but this only allows me to go one page at a time, which is really annoying and on certain pages it doesn't seem to help. Can anyone suggest what I can do to browse by IP only?

I tryed putting it into my host file, so that the computer only ever sends the IP address request, but that does not seem to help.  Websites like the-cloak.com are obviously blocked as well, is there any way to access a mirrored version of the website or is there an alias for this dns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i would like to be back active in the community.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124260\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I really would go and knock on the door of the team responsible for this before they come knocking on your door.

They are almost certainly logging all those browse attempts and passing the details onto your boss or HR.

-Andy
OpenBSD 4.2 -current on full 4Gb of SL-C3000
Microdrive replaced with 4Gb SanDisk Extreme III card

omega

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 07:01:03 am »
Hi iamsmith, i thank you for your warning. I am pretty much one of the three guys involved in IT stuff (technically i'm a control systems engineer, but I am involved in IT when needed).

My internet admins are based in America, whereas I am in Ireland. I'm not bothered if they come a knocking, as I have racked up dozens of those denied requests already for legit stuff. They seem to ban almost everything, including free software sites, etc.

I use offline explorer pro to download a few websites everyday so I can read them at home, instead of at work - I take this as a perk, as I'm so busy during the day I haven't got a moment... I would like to add oesf to this list...

Any ideas? It's been April 23rd since I last saw this site, and the new posts index are 56 pages long!
Gorgeous C860, 256 Sandisk SD, 1Gig Pretec 40x CF, PDAIR leather case & the really cool retractable iPDA USB sync/charge cable. Powered by PDAXROM BETA 1.

My wish - to have a Command & Conquer style game on my Z! (FREECNC!!!) Simcity 2000 would also be great.