Author Topic: Usb Mouse?  (Read 3878 times)

0xDEADBEEF

• View Profile
Usb Mouse?
« on: July 18, 2006, 05:04:13 pm »
It works in kernel. Works with GPM. Doesnt work in X server. From my kdrive code analysis it looks that if the touchscreen #ifdef is enabled the touchscreen code completely obscures underlying mouse driver.

Does anyone know if it was fixed in newer kdrive? Mouse works just fine in pdaXrom X server. What X server do they use?

CoreDump

• View Profile
    • http://www.hentges.net
Usb Mouse?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 05:19:11 pm »
It works in kernel. Works with GPM. Doesnt work in X server. From my kdrive code analysis it looks that if the touchscreen #ifdef is enabled the touchscreen code completely obscures underlying mouse driver.

Does anyone know if it was fixed in newer kdrive? Mouse works just fine in pdaXrom X server. What X server do they use?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135608\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

For starters it would help to know which machine you are using.

USB mice work just fine w/ SL-Cxx00, dunno about our other USB Host models, tho.
There are quite a few config changes required to make a USB mouse work out of the box.

Since you had a go at the code, I can tell you this:
Yes, kdrive is bugged in regards to input devices. In a perfect world it should work just fine with multiple input devices at once and transparently so.

However, currently only either the touchscreen or the USB mouse will be useable.

The input device has to be configured on kdrive launch (check /etc/X11/Xserver for all options supplied). Usually it is hard-wired to the touchscreen but that can be changed.

SL-Cxx00 has udev, xserver-common and tslib (and one or two more ) changes applied which allow a user to plug in his USB mouse, restart X and use the mouse w/o touching a single config.

Hint: If you do not set any input device on kdrive launch, /dev/psaux will be used which enables your USB mouse. And no, setting the input device to "/dev/psaux" will not work....
Webmaster of hentges.net & Embedded Linux Developer.

0xDEADBEEF

• View Profile
Usb Mouse?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 06:04:52 pm »
For starters it would help to know which machine you are using.

USB mice work just fine w/ SL-Cxx00, dunno about our other USB Host models, tho.
There are quite a few config changes required to make a USB mouse work out of the box.

Since you had a go at the code, I can tell you this:
Yes, kdrive is bugged in regards to input devices. In a perfect world it should work just fine with multiple input devices at once and transparently so.

However, currently only either the touchscreen or the USB mouse will be useable.

The input device has to be configured on kdrive launch (check /etc/X11/Xserver for all options supplied). Usually it is hard-wired to the touchscreen but that can be changed.

SL-Cxx00 has udev, xserver-common and tslib (and one or two more ) changes applied which allow a user to plug in his USB mouse, restart X and use the mouse w/o touching a single config.

Hint: If you do not set any input device on kdrive launch, /dev/psaux will be used which enables your USB mouse. And no, setting the input device to "/dev/psaux" will not work....

Thanks

C3100

Thanks, I nuked the X server with ctrl-alt-backspace with mouse connected and it works. I thought that login screen restarts the x server but apparently it doesnt.

The mouse works and the touchscreen kinda works - now it is in some kind of relative mode.