Author Topic: Zbedic 1.2 Released  (Read 3765 times)

rafm

• View Profile
Zbedic 1.2 Released
« on: June 07, 2007, 07:41:03 am »
The history and the back/forward navigation buttons has been throughly reimplemented to make them the same as the corresponding functions in a web-browser. Additionally, for faster switch between frequently used dictionaries, the dictionary pop-up list shows three most recently used dictionaries at the top. The history listing is a great help for those who learn languages, as it makes easy to revisit the unknown words that one has come upon recently. The words can be then copied to the favorite learning software (SuperMemo in my case) to make sure they will be memorized and not forgotten.

zbedic web page
SL-C1000 w/ Cacko ROM 1.23

freizugheit

• View Profile
    • http://
Zbedic 1.2 Released
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 12:57:43 pm »
Thanks for the update.

rolf

• View Profile
    • http://home.arcor.de/leggewie/
Zbedic 1.2 Released
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 04:04:21 pm »
rafm, thanks for making this available.  I was trying to update the built information in OE to include the latest release but it seems you changed a few things that break compilation here.  Are you interested in getting the upgrade into OE?  I don't have the time to skill to do it on my own.

rafm

• View Profile
Zbedic 1.2 Released
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 01:13:19 am »
I was trying to update the built information in OE to include the latest release but it seems you changed a few things that break compilation here.  Are you interested in getting the upgrade into OE?  I don't have the time to skill to do it on my own.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163331\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I am affraid that neither I have the skills. One of the OE maintainers should help in this.

The latest OE version I could find is 9.6, which is built differently (Makefile/configure) than the latest version. The reason for this is that zbedic can be also built for desktop starting from 1.1.
SL-C1000 w/ Cacko ROM 1.23

kurochka

• View Profile
Zbedic 1.2 Released
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 04:45:13 pm »
The history and the back/forward navigation buttons has been throughly reimplemented to make them the same as the corresponding functions in a web-browser. Additionally, for faster switch between frequently used dictionaries, the dictionary pop-up list shows three most recently used dictionaries at the top. The history listing is a great help for those who learn languages, as it makes easy to revisit the unknown words that one has come upon recently. The words can be then copied to the favorite learning software (SuperMemo in my case) to make sure they will be memorized and not forgotten.

zbedic web page
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162779\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Great news!  

Zbedic is the most important/frequently used application on my Z and laptop after the text processor.
SL-C3100 (from PriceJapan.com): modified Sharp Rom (couldn't make Japanese input work in Cacko Rom)

ex-SL-C3000; ex-SL-5600; ex-Simpad