Author Topic: Shopping List Application  (Read 4668 times)

Tron

• View Profile
Shopping List Application
« on: May 15, 2007, 02:39:05 am »
Hello all,

I've searched quite unsuccessfully for a shopping list application for pdaXrom. You know, something where you select items from a previously created list you need to shop and tick them off as you load them into the cart.

There are several such applications for OpenZaurus, mostly based on xml. But if I'm correct then OZ-applications are QT, which doesn't run on pdaXrom. A Gtk-application should run, shouldn't it?

Does anyone know of such an application for pdaXrom?
YT,
Tron

danr

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 04:02:12 am »
Hello all,

I've searched quite unsuccessfully for a shopping list application for pdaXrom. You know, something where you select items from a previously created list you need to shop and tick them off as you load them into the cart.

There are several such applications for OpenZaurus, mostly based on xml. But if I'm correct then OZ-applications are QT, which doesn't run on pdaXrom. A Gtk-application should run, shouldn't it?

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161310\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

QT apps do work under pdaXrom; perhaps you're thinking of Qtopia apps, which are Sharp-ROM-only.

I use Portabase as a shopping list app (which is a QT app).  As an example, you can create a field with a description (text), another with the shopping aisle number (select from a list), and another as a checkbox to indicate whether to buy or not.  You can sort the list on aisle number, then description.  Then you can set up a filter to only show those items to buy.  There's also an option to tick checkboxes without going into edit mode.

I've moved over to Debian EABI now, so am trying to compile Portabase up for that platform.
SL-C860 running Debian EABI on top of Angstrom 2.6 kernel

svs57

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 08:24:01 am »
Hello all,

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161310\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

QT apps do work under pdaXrom; perhaps you're thinking of Qtopia apps, which are Sharp-ROM-only.

I use Portabase as a shopping list app (which is a QT app).  As an example, you can create a field with a description (text), another with the shopping aisle number (select from a list), and another as a checkbox to indicate whether to buy or not.  You can sort the list on aisle number, then description.  Then you can set up a filter to only show those items to buy.  There's also an option to tick checkboxes without going into edit mode.

I've moved over to Debian EABI now, so am trying to compile Portabase up for that platform.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161312\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I try to compile it under Debian EABI.
arm-linux-g++ -c -pipe -DQT_QWS_CUSTOM  -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wall -W -O2 -DNO_DEBUG -I/include -I/usr/share/qt3//include -I./ -o database.o database.cpp
database.cpp: In constructor ‘Database::Database(QString, int*, int)’:
database.cpp:40: error: ‘win32FileOpenFunc’ is not a member of ‘c4_Storage’
database.cpp: In member function ‘QStringList Database::listViews()’:
database.cpp:273: error: ‘stringCompareFunc’ is not a member of ‘c4_View’
database.cpp:275: error: ‘stringCompareFunc’ is not a member of ‘c4_View’
Do you how to compile? No configure.

danr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 08:41:53 am »
I try to compile it under Debian EABI.
arm-linux-g++ -c -pipe -DQT_QWS_CUSTOM  -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wall -W -O2 -DNO_DEBUG -I/include -I/usr/share/qt3//include -I./ -o database.o database.cpp
database.cpp: In constructor ‘Database::Database(QString, int*, int)’:
database.cpp:40: error: ‘win32FileOpenFunc’ is not a member of ‘c4_Storage’
database.cpp: In member function ‘QStringList Database::listViews()’:
database.cpp:273: error: ‘stringCompareFunc’ is not a member of ‘c4_View’
database.cpp:275: error: ‘stringCompareFunc’ is not a member of ‘c4_View’
Do you how to compile? No configure.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161337\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I have the same problem unfortunately.  It's strange because I could compile Portabase for pdaXrom with no problems.  It might be something to do with the version of metakit included with Debian.  Maybe I'll try to compile metakit to see if that makes a difference.

Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 09:17:45 am »
I have the same problem unfortunately.  It's strange because I could compile Portabase for pdaXrom with no problems. 
I run into the same problem trying to compile it on the zaurus.
Do you have a working ipk for pdaXrom? I'd love to try that on my Z (pdaXii13, but will hopefully work).
YT,
Tron

danr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 10:35:25 am »
Do you have a working ipk for pdaXrom? I'd love to try that on my Z (pdaXii13, but will hopefully work).
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161341\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Hmm maybe I didn't compile it after all.  I looked on my PC and found the one I install was created by pgas.  Anyway, here it is.

Chero

• View Profile
    • http://users.telenet.be/zaurususer/Chero
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 02:01:14 pm »
I have the same problem unfortunately.  It's strange because I could compile Portabase for pdaXrom with no problems. 
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161341\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Since it's a qt3 app, has anyone tried to run "qmake" followed by "make" ?
(I didn't look at the source, so it may be a stupid remark)

Chero.
HP-95LX -> HP Jornada 680 -> SL-C860 -> SL-C3100 -> Fuji u810 -> SL-C1000 -> HTC uni -> SL-C860 -> SL-C760.
March 12 2009 : Back because the Zaurus is one of a kind.
SL-C760 : pdaXrom
Pandora pre-ordered -> received and tested : great device but not my cup of tea -> sold.

danr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 05:07:42 pm »
Since it's a qt3 app, has anyone tried to run "qmake" followed by "make" ?
(I didn't look at the source, so it may be a stupid remark)

Chero.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161367\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Yes, it just requires a qmake and make.  But it has a dependency on metakit and beecrypt.  Metakit seems to give it the problems described above.