Author Topic: Version Issues  (Read 2368 times)

walts

• View Profile
    • http://
Version Issues
« on: November 07, 2007, 03:26:15 pm »
I just came back to pdaXii13 after a trip to the 2.6 kernel via r198 and Angstrom.

I verified that I had the 5.4.9 files from the tyrannozaurus site and flashed my 3200 with the "full" version. (initrd.bin, tools.tar and updater.sh from Akita and hdimage-full.tar from Spitz)
I fixed up my wpa_supplicant.conf and wifi-radar files, and of course my wifi card (Ambicom WL1100-CF) did not work.
Based on prior experience with this ROM, I did a manual (ipkg from command line) install of hostap-drivers and hostap-utils (version 0.4.7-1)  I have no idea what version is installed by flashing the ROM, but it has never worked for me in the past.  (hostap-utils -v or hostap-utils --version give errors)
I also installed wifi-radar 1.9.8-2 and that gets my network going.

Then I did ipkg update and started ipkg upgrade.  It ran for a while and then upgraded hostap-drivers, and the whole thing quit.  Now I have no network connection.

Questions:  
- How can I exclude a package from ipkg upgrade?
- Is that even a good idea?  I want to keep things current but the version installed by flashing clearly doesn't work.
- How can I get things back to where they are working without re-flashing?
- The Tyrannozaurus download page clearly says this is 5.4.9, but the pdaXii13 Config Tool says 5.4.7.  Who's lying and how can I find the version number other than the config tool?

TIA

Walt
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 03:27:41 pm by walts »
C-3200, AmbiCom WL-1100C network card, pdaXii13V2

adf

• View Profile
    • http://
Version Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 10:50:32 pm »
Quote from: walts
I just came back to pdaXii13 after a trip to the 2.6 kernel via r198 and Angstrom.

I verified that I had the 5.4.9 files from the tyrannozaurus site and flashed my 3200 with the "full" version. (initrd.bin, tools.tar and updater.sh from Akita and hdimage-full.tar from Spitz)
I fixed up my wpa_supplicant.conf and wifi-radar files, and of course my wifi card (Ambicom WL1100-CF) did not work.
Based on prior experience with this ROM, I did a manual (ipkg from command line) install of hostap-drivers and hostap-utils (version 0.4.7-1)  I have no idea what version is installed by flashing the ROM, but it has never worked for me in the past.  (hostap-utils -v or hostap-utils --version give errors)

Then I did ipkg update and started ipkg upgrade.  It ran for a while and then upgraded hostap-drivers, and the whole thing quit.  Now I have no network connection.

Questions:  
- Is that even a good idea?  I want to keep things current but the version installed by flashing clearly doesn't work.
- The Tyrannozaurus download page clearly says this is 5.4.9, but the pdaXii13 Config Tool says 5.4.7.  Who's lying and how can I find the version number other than the config tool?

TIA

Walt

I haven't seen any hostap problem using the same card, but then I'm not using wpa-supplicant.  Anyway, meanie excludes ipks in the pdaxiiv2 ipkg-upgrade script. you might grab a copy of that and see what he is doing with it? I'm sure someone else will be along with better info, but til then I hope this helps.
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
Version Issues
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:04:19 pm »
Quote from: adf
Quote from: walts

Questions:  

TIA

Walt

I haven't seen any hostap problem using the same card, but then I'm not using wpa-supplicant.  Anyway, meanie excludes ipks in the pdaxiiv2 ipkg-upgrade script. you might grab a copy of that and see what he is doing with it? I'm sure someone else will be along with better info, but til then I hope this helps.

I enhanced ipkg in my latest releases and added a feature to ignore upgrading certain packages that are contained in a file called ignored. The updated ipkg also fixes a bug where it thinks a newer version is actually older.

as for pdaXii13 version, just run version from the command line. It should be the same as what pdaXcfg tool tells you.
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K