Author Topic: Any Cross Compilation Tutorials?  (Read 10837 times)

ToneBlind

• View Profile
Any Cross Compilation Tutorials?
« on: February 02, 2010, 03:46:14 pm »
I know plenty of people in the boards cross compile for pdaXrom. But I have yet to come across a cross compilation tutorial. Chero posted a very helpful native compilation tutorial which is what I have used to build my packages, but I really need a cross compilation howto in order to start producing better things. Compiling on board the Zaurus is just not too practical.

Thanks in advance,

TB

Frederic Bergeron

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 10:05:03 pm »
You can find a very home-made and basic how-to here:

http://tomotko.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/...amp;view=markup

I hope it helps.
toMOTko Flashcard Project
SL-C1000 Sharp ROM

radiochickenwax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 03:14:35 pm »
I'm still using the following for cross compiling.

https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=15570  

a good zaurus emulator would be nicer... anyone?

Quote from: ToneBlind
I know plenty of people in the boards cross compile for pdaXrom. But I have yet to come across a cross compilation tutorial. Chero posted a very helpful native compilation tutorial which is what I have used to build my packages, but I really need a cross compilation howto in order to start producing better things. Compiling on board the Zaurus is just not too practical.

Thanks in advance,

TB
ZAURII:    sl-6000 : (temporarily) bricked pdaxrom b1   ||   sl-c3200 : yonggun/Debian-EABI
OTHERS:  htc-excalibur,  axim x5,  ipaq 4355, (still trying to find useable linux setups)
thinking about gumstix to replace/augment zaurus

ToneBlind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 04:06:08 pm »
Quote from: Frederic Bergeron

I hope it helps.
I know this comes late, but thank you.

ToneBlind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 04:07:15 pm »
Quote from: radiochickenwax
I'm still using the following for cross compiling.

https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=15570  

a good zaurus emulator would be nicer... anyone?

Thanks in advance,

TB
Thank you. I just realized the OESF forums were back. WOW.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 04:37:18 pm »
Hi and welcome back!

Yes, the forum is back and it's here to stay

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

ToneBlind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 05:02:59 pm »
Quote from: Varti
Hi and welcome back!

Yes, the forum is back and it's here to stay

Varti
Thank you for your hard work, Varti! The Zaurus deserved to have this site back, and it is much appreciated.

Hey, I have a bunch of feeds that I backed up (I created bash scripts to automate the downloads and verify the integrity by running MD5 sums and comparing them with the values for the original files), and I was wondering if it would be useful to host these in this site or elsewhere. Not sure about the legal part of it, but I believe we should be OK. These should be mostly pdaXrom feeds, though I believe many packages should work in Cacko as well.

BTW, I also have to thank you for your tip about that SL-C1000 in the SF area. I'll post in that other thread...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 05:03:40 pm by ToneBlind »

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 10:14:43 am »
Thank you for your hard work, Varti! The Zaurus deserved to have this site back, and it is much appreciated.
Thanks for your kind words. I'm also happy to see OESF still ongoing, it's an essential source of info for anything Zaurus related.

Hey, I have a bunch of feeds that I backed up (I created bash scripts to automate the downloads and verify the integrity by running MD5 sums and comparing them with the values for the original files), and I was wondering if it would be useful to host these in this site or elsewhere. Not sure about the legal part of it, but I believe we should be OK. These should be mostly pdaXrom feeds, though I believe many packages should work in Cacko as well.
Any feed mirror will be greatly appreciated. I'm planning to host a mirror of all the (still available) feeds on this same server. I'm storing the files on my own hard drive, once I'll have an estimate of the total size of the repository, I'll ask ibiblio the permission to host the files. Soon I'll also make a new thread for this, with a list of all the feeds and webpages I'll be able to find and a status (still online/offline/mirrored/lost) for each feed. Apart for some commercial packages, I believe all the feeds contain open-source stuff only, I'll anyway check that no copyrighted material will be put online.

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

ToneBlind

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 06:11:12 pm »
Quote from: Varti
Thanks for your kind words. I'm also happy to see OESF still ongoing, it's an essential source of info for anything Zaurus related.

Any feed mirror will be greatly appreciated. I'm planning to host a mirror of all the (still available) feeds on this same server. I'm storing the files on my own hard drive, once I'll have an estimate of the total size of the repository, I'll ask ibiblio the permission to host the files. Soon I'll also make a new thread for this, with a list of all the feeds and webpages I'll be able to find and a status (still online/offline/mirrored/lost) for each feed. Apart for some commercial packages, I believe all the feeds contain open-source stuff only, I'll anyway check that no copyrighted material will be put online.

Varti
It is wonderful news that you are taking the initiative to do that, let me know if I can help you. These things should be preserved, even though the Zaurus is now a rather obscure device used by probably a handful of people worldwide

I don't know if I will have something you are missing, but if I do I would be happy to have it hosted for everyone else. I responded to your PM.

Frederic Bergeron

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 11:48:34 am »
You're welcome. I'm late too :-)

Quote from: Frederic Bergeron

I hope it helps.
I know this comes late, but thank you.