Author Topic: Parts List  (Read 82355 times)

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.pocketnix.org
Parts List
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2007, 11:01:47 am »
seems you had diffrent ideas to mine

btw i am a hardware guy not a software one, so its do this or do nothing

this past year or so  i have been working non-stop in real life to the point where my doctors are telling me to take it easy, considering i have never been a healthy person (thats why i see the doctors so often) to begin with this is fairly major news to me. so now little by little i am dedicating time to some of my projects.

it will take time but i am doing this for me not you, there are a couple of free designs out there for arm bassed boards and they might fit what you want and need better
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

Gemini Order: #95 (roughly)
Current Device: Samsung Chromebook Gen 3
Current Arm Devices Count: ~30
Looking to acquire: Cavium Thunder X2 Hardware

wsuetholz

• View Profile
Parts List
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 10:51:46 am »
Just to put at bay feelings of this sub forum's demise....  I bring forth this comentary :-)

Well, given the way things have changed, I'm assuming that the devices chosen back in '07 are no longer valid.  Maybe this forum could be resurrected with some brainstorming about chips and chipsets available.

For instance, TI is coming out with some new stuff that integrates quite a lot of functionality an relatively few chips.
Maybe use th OMAP4 for the base processor, and the WiLink for the Bluetooth/WiFi/FM/GPS functionallity?

Screens really haven't progressed as much as one would like..  I'd really like to see a High speed color E-Paper..  But I dream too much I guess.  The OLED based screens are starting to become more feasible though.

I'd still like to see a design that has the Cell radio be optional, and be change able easily.  Can you say GSM or CDMA?  Is there any way to merge the ideas presented here with the other people trying to accomplish very similar things?

Software wise..  Even though I'm a bit leary of either, maybe OpenMoko or Moblin/MeeGo/UbuntuMoblin?  Don't really like RPM though.

The new Nokia looks like a nice device, but here in the US it's kind of a non starter because of the limited carriers available that are compatible with it.

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Parts List
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 02:12:49 pm »
I have been wondering whether the netwalker PC-Z1 is hackable, I'm sure there must be more I/O and high speed data lines that would allow connection of more devices - USB/3G/wimax/GPS etc.
I do note that the openPandora seems to be finally shipping!
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

canguy247

• View Profile
Parts List
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2010, 07:02:30 am »
Quote from: speculatrix
I do note that the openPandora seems to be finally shipping!

Not yet.  End of this month/early next month it should start.
SL-C1000 - Debian 2.6.24.4-yonggun (from SD)
Pandora preordered
4GB Transcend 150X SD
16GB AData CF
USB Host cable
Bluetooth USB Dongle/Linksys WCF12 CF Wifi
TRENDnet TE-CF100 10/100 Wired ethernet CF / DM9601 usb ethernet
Palm III keyboard neoprene case