Author Topic: BusyBox upgrade broke local login  (Read 1100 times)

Caesium

• View Profile
    • http://
BusyBox upgrade broke local login
« on: April 16, 2004, 11:04:24 am »
Hello,

I\'ve just managed to break my pdaXrom install by upgrading BusyBox. I used the latest snapshot from the busybox site, built it using the SDK, and all went well - I got a binary that worked, all the symlinks got created when I ran ./busybox --install -s and I could quite happily use all the utilities it provided.
The only thing that didn\'t work as far as I could see was top didn\'t display the command names. I thought a reboot might solve that, so I rebooted.

Upon coming back up, there was an applet not found error, albeit with no more useful information than that, and the console wouldn\'t accept my root password (or a user account password I\'d previously created.)

the busybox binary was suid root (so passwd and ping etc would work), but I don\'t think that\'d matter for local login since everything is running as root anyway.

Since after my re-flash tonight I\'m going to want to upgrade busybox again (not least because the busybox that comes with the ROM is missing so much), so does anyone have any clues about what I might have done? I quite carefully checked that I wasn\'t missing out any applets, but I guess I must have. Or one of my internal compile options was wrong?
SL-C860/pdaXrom 1.1.0rc1
Socket Rev.G Bluetooth, Origo/Senao CF WiFi
1GB Sandisk SD + 1GB CF