Author Topic: Zaurus Commercial software on Yahoo! Japan  (Read 3353 times)

HoloVector

• View Profile
    • http://
Zaurus Commercial software on Yahoo! Japan
« on: June 05, 2017, 12:01:50 am »
Nope, it isn't Picsel Browser.  Google translate pegs it as a Dictionary card.  Probably from C7x0 era.  Here's to hoping that Picsel Browser and that wicked Activision/Sunsoft Shanghai Mahjongg game (demo on the C1000 CD) show up soon.  

Zaurus Dictionary on SD card

PS - I am not the seller neither do I any sort of connection to the seller.  I would put this in Z deals but it's archived
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 11:11:27 pm by HoloVector »
I think I'm coming down with what kahm's got!  I now have 3 Zaurii in house!  ;)
Current: Zaurus SL-C3200 -  Bobby (Configuring pdaXii13 Akita with Full 5.4.9 upgrade running IceWM)
Zaurus SL-C1000 - Hachiko (Configuring Cacko 1.23 with evilJazz's new kernel)
Zaurus SL-C860 - Fett (Customized Cacko 1.23 with handmade Boba Fett Theme)
Symbol WiFi CF card|Buffalo WiFi CF Card|Buffalo Ethernet CF Card|Red Piel Frama Case|PDAir Case|Black Pelican 1020 Case|Pentopia Stylii|SaruTek Protectors|Transcend SDs (4GB 150X, 1GB 80X, 256MB 45X, 128MB 45X)|2GB PNY SD|2GB SanDisk SD|Transcend CFs (1GB 80X, 512MB 80X)|Sandisk CFs (4GB, 512MB, 256MB)|256MB Netac USB-CF|RH-1 Remote
Check out the ScummVM@tyrannozaurus page if you are an "adventurer" type of person.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 04:21:00 am »
I don't know how useful it might be nowadays, I believe that koan's ZBedic dictionaries are more up-to-date: https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=24433 . Still, an interesting collectors' item.

As for the Z deals forum, I decided to archive it basing on the number of posts there (the last post was in 2012, the previous one is dated 2009...). I might append "Deals and great buys" to this "For Sale / Wanted" forum title, or if you prefer I can put the Deals forum out of retirement, though I don't expect to see many posts there.

BTW, I have noticed that the pinned Rules post by Foxdie needed to be updated, I have unpinned it for now, if you think that it would be useful I might prepare some new, simplified, rules, too. Also, by checking the old posts I have noticed that the Pulster shop is still online and, while they are out of stock regarding Zauruses and Netwalkers, they still seem to have some accessories available, so check it out if you're searching for some of this stuff: http://www.pulster.eu/

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

HoloVector

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:24:41 pm »
Yes, I agree it is only a collector's item.

You are correct, bringing back the Z deals forum is pointless at this juncture.  Even this for sale forum isn't the hopping place it used to be.

Yes, I knew about Pulster and I should point out that Conics is still around and it is the place to go if you need a replacement LCD or LCD ribbon for your Z.  They also have lower 7x0 chassies if you need replacement plastics or a keyboard.

I'm planning a Pulster order down the road once my home currency rebounds.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 11:25:22 pm by HoloVector »
I think I'm coming down with what kahm's got!  I now have 3 Zaurii in house!  ;)
Current: Zaurus SL-C3200 -  Bobby (Configuring pdaXii13 Akita with Full 5.4.9 upgrade running IceWM)
Zaurus SL-C1000 - Hachiko (Configuring Cacko 1.23 with evilJazz's new kernel)
Zaurus SL-C860 - Fett (Customized Cacko 1.23 with handmade Boba Fett Theme)
Symbol WiFi CF card|Buffalo WiFi CF Card|Buffalo Ethernet CF Card|Red Piel Frama Case|PDAir Case|Black Pelican 1020 Case|Pentopia Stylii|SaruTek Protectors|Transcend SDs (4GB 150X, 1GB 80X, 256MB 45X, 128MB 45X)|2GB PNY SD|2GB SanDisk SD|Transcend CFs (1GB 80X, 512MB 80X)|Sandisk CFs (4GB, 512MB, 256MB)|256MB Netac USB-CF|RH-1 Remote
Check out the ScummVM@tyrannozaurus page if you are an "adventurer" type of person.