Author Topic: A matrix chat room for the Gemini...  (Read 4217 times)

scops

• View Profile
    • http://
A matrix chat room for the Gemini...
« on: December 22, 2017, 10:40:04 am »
Hey,

i've created a room in the matrix network. feel free to join: Planet (Computers) Gemini  

Room name for channel directory search: #planetgemini:matrix.org
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:10:30 pm by scops »
OpenPandora, Jolla C, BQ M10 fHD (ubports), MacBook Pro Retina (mid-2012), Zaurus SL-5500, OpenMoko Freerunner, Geeksphone Keon (ffOS 2.x), a few Raspberries, too many game consoles and Android devices,...

... and soon: Dragonbox Pyra, Librem 5

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 03:56:10 pm »
Quote from: scops
Hey,

i've created a room in the matrix network. feel free to join: Planet (Computers) Gemini  

(Maybe this forum needs a subforum for misc news/posts?   )
Hi and welcome here!

I agree, a new subforum about general discussions would be useful, I have created it and moved here this thread. Please let me know if you think we'd need any additional subforum here.

Good idea about the chat channel. I have tried to join using the above link, though it always returns a "Failed to join room - You are not invited to this room." error, both as an unregistered and as a registered user. I have also tried to search for the planetgemini channel in the directory, but I could not find it. Has it maybe been set as a private channel?

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

scops

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 04:09:31 pm »
Quote from: Varti
Hey,

(Maybe this forum needs a subforum for misc news/posts?   )
Hi and welcome here!

I agree, a new subforum about general discussions would be useful, I have created it and moved here this thread. Please let me know if you think we'd need any additional subforum here.

Good idea about the chat channel. I have tried to join using the above link, though it always returns a "Failed to join room - You are not invited to this room." error, both as an unregistered and as a registered user. I have also tried to search for the planetgemini channel in the directory, but I could not find it. Has it maybe been set as a private channel?

Varti

Thanks! hmmm that's strange. i use this link format for other channels to without a problem. Maybe it's a browser problem? The Channelname on matrix uses this structure: #channel:server so its: #planetgemini:matrix.org
OpenPandora, Jolla C, BQ M10 fHD (ubports), MacBook Pro Retina (mid-2012), Zaurus SL-5500, OpenMoko Freerunner, Geeksphone Keon (ffOS 2.x), a few Raspberries, too many game consoles and Android devices,...

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 05:05:44 pm »
Thanks! hmmm that's strange. i use this link format for other channels to without a problem. Maybe it's a browser problem? The Channelname on matrix uses this structure: #channel:server so its: #planetgemini:matrix.org
I'm using the latest Firefox Quantum 57.0.1 on my laptop running Linux Mint. I have done a bit of research, and according to this post:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/sl...org-4175604896/

the problem might be the "Anyone who knows the room's link, including guests" setting...

Varti
and many other Zauruses!

scops

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 10:43:58 am »
I'm using the latest Firefox Quantum 57.0.1 on my laptop running Linux Mint. I have done a bit of research, and according to this post:

the problem might be the "Anyone who knows the room's link, including guests" setting...

Varti

*headdesk xD sorry... fixed.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:43:52 am by scops »

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 10:27:51 pm »
*headdesk xD sorry... fixed.
No worries  It works now, glad that the problem was solved. I'll be there online as much as possible, I have also added the link to the channel on my signature, and if you agree I'd add it to the links bar at the top of the forum, too. Let's see if anybody else joins us!

Varti
and many other Zauruses!

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 06:32:28 am »
I have now mentioned the channel on both the Facebook Gemini page and the Indiegogo project's page, let's see if more people will now join.

Varti
and many other Zauruses!

Adam Boardman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 04:36:58 pm »
I can recommend the use of the native matrix clients: https://matrix.org/docs/projects/try-matrix-now.html

bogomips

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 08:38:02 pm »
testing 1, 2- testing...

am i verified now?

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 08:51:10 pm »
Quote from: bogomips