Author Topic: Perk/Accessory delivery?  (Read 3945 times)

andrewl

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 02:59:53 am »
Quote from: NCI
Quote from: andrewl
Planet are printing keyboards to demand, during the last few months we found that some keyboard types can be delayed if they are not the most popular ones. Also, the wall charger for some nations can be out of stock.
Here's the thing - I did not get to choose keyboard layout when I pledged on IGG, there was no such option. Is it normal?

There was a web page where you put in your order number and keyboard choice. If you didn't do that then you get a default for your region, it seems the page has been taken down now so I guess it's all region default now unless you contact them.

NCI

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 10:09:23 am »
Thankfully I received reply from PC, hope it'll all work out soon.

Dixit

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 12:09:44 pm »
Yes and no. When you ordered there was no such thing. But one of the messages - the ones sent to all backers - stated that you should go to a form on a specific website and specify your keyboard. I think that was a message from March or April 2018.

By the way: I still did not receive any of my accessories (pouch, hub, HDMI cable or extra charger).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:10:28 pm by Dixit »

andrewl

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2018, 05:51:03 am »
Quote from: Dixit
Yes and no. When you ordered there was no such thing. But one of the messages - the ones sent to all backers - stated that you should go to a form on a specific website and specify your keyboard. I think that was a message from March or April 2018.

No, well maybe for early backers keyboard layouts weren't finalised until after some discussion with backers in Summer 2017.
The smartsheet for keyboard selection wasw announced in the November 21 2017 update. So backers before November were invited to select their keyboard at that date and any after November were also invited to select keyboard there.

This was long before any Geminis were delivered.  Any message in March or April 2018 were just reminders, there were several reminders about keyboard selection from November and onward.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 05:54:19 am by andrewl »

Dixit

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2018, 03:05:05 pm »
Meanwhile I noticed that the accessories on the Planet website are no longer out of stock. They can be ordered, with an expected delivery date in August. I hope that my accessories, therefore, are on their way, though I did not receive any update from Planet.

Jos

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2018, 04:11:47 am »
Quote from: andrewl
There was a web page where you put in your order number and keyboard choice. If you didn't do that then you get a default for your region, it seems the page has been taken down now so I guess it's all region default now unless you contact them.


I never saw that page, but i got this mail instead on 21-6:

Hi,

I am looking to ship your Gemini unit to you but as of today, I have no record of you having chosen a keyboard layout.

Please could you urgently complete the following form:

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/544265fe9...ac42a5daca19dd3

Regards

Robin


Try the link in this mail?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:18:44 pm by speculatrix »

Jos

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2018, 02:55:49 pm »
It looks like your order was delayed due to the US keyboard layout (for Europe) is currently out of stock. The good news is that we are expecting the model in question to be delivered to our UK warehouse by the end of this week. We will dispatch your order by early next week.

Got this today, after sending them a mail again

Dixit

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 02:52:17 am »
I  sent a rappel with regards to my missing accessories. The producer is expected to make more accessories - both the hub, the HDMI cable as well as the pouch - by mid August after which delivery will start.

I am leaving next Monday and was expecting to show presentations from the Gemini.
Frankly, I would not have imagined in February (when I ordered) that I would go to that August meeting without the necessary equipment.

Jeffers

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 24
    • View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2018, 11:21:06 am »
Quote from: Dixit
I  sent a rappel with regards to my missing accessories. The producer is expected to make more accessories - both the hub, the HDMI cable as well as the pouch - by mid August after which delivery will start.

I am leaving next Monday and was expecting to show presentations from the Gemini.
Frankly, I would not have imagined in February (when I ordered) that I would go to that August meeting without the necessary equipment.

Indeed, it would appear that timely production of the accessories is more challenging than that of the actual device! The HDMI cable is custom though, isn't it, so that probably complicates matters. I'm also waiting on my kit, and I was hoping to put it to use on an upcoming trip. In the meantime, I've been using the Microsoft Wireless Display dongle for casting Android, but I'd really like that cable.

Dixit

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 06:11:34 am »
Mid August tomorrow. But that's an international holiday of course.

No word from Planet PDA...

They really like the swooshing sound of deadlines passing by.

Anyway, I got a questionnaire from Indiegogo:

"Have you received your perk ? Note: this question deals with the entire perk, including all accessories."

Well, that was a clear "No". I like how Indiegogo added the Note. A custom-made Planet PDA questionnaire.