Author Topic: Word and Excel crash  (Read 1167 times)

salvomic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 290
    • View Profile
Word and Excel crash
« on: June 20, 2018, 04:44:23 pm »
hi,
I managed with keyboards and orthographic control and installed (and now deinstalled) Google Documets - Sheet and Word.
Now both Microsoft Word and Excel, immediately after opening, close and crash (also deleting cache data); I don't know if the problem is after the above operations or not.
Any hints?

Salvo
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.
Psion Fans Italia moderator

TallTim

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Word and Excel crash
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 07:31:25 pm »
Quote from: salvomic
Now both Microsoft Word and Excel, immediately after opening, close and crash (also deleting cache data)

I don't know if this will help at all - but I did get them to run before I installed a custom launcher. I'm using Nova Launcher.

Not sure if there is a conflict, or something else I've done. I ended up deleting them.

vader

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 295
    • View Profile
Word and Excel crash
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 11:16:36 pm »
Depending on what you want to use word and excel for (apart from the obvious), why not try textmaker. It has excel and word equivalents, is free, and works well. Keys work properly (page up/down/end/home) and it can read MS format docs. Not really a solution for getting MS stuff to work, but it should be an alternative. I use TextMaker for all my word processing tasks and haven't had a problem with interoperability or anything else for that matter.

salvomic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 290
    • View Profile
Word and Excel crash
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 03:07:14 am »
Quote from: TallTim
I don't know if this will help at all - but I did get them to run before I installed a custom launcher. I'm using Nova Launcher.

Not sure if there is a conflict, or something else I've done. I ended up deleting them.


Quote from: vader
Depending on what you want to use word and excel for (apart from the obvious), why not try textmaker. It has excel and word equivalents, is free, and works well. Keys work properly (page up/down/end/home) and it can read MS format docs. Not really a solution for getting MS stuff to work, but it should be an alternative. I use TextMaker for all my word processing tasks and haven't had a problem with interoperability or anything else for that matter.

thank you both!
I can change program, yes, but I first want know how to do to functioning them and who is the culprit. Beside, I've some documents in OneDrive that I manage with Word in another tablet...
I've also Nova Launcher. I tried to disable but in Launcher 3 still they crash, and first of my management (and sure first of the last Microsoft update) they worked.
They work well in my Huawei MediaPad M5 (Android 8)...

Salvo
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.
Psion Fans Italia moderator

salvomic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 290
    • View Profile
Word and Excel crash
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 11:37:26 am »
Still the problem persists...
Another thing: when Word (and Excel, Power Point) close, I cannot find Office account in Setting -> Accounts (clicking + and then Office a message write to use Word or Excel... to set the account)...
So, how to do?
help!

salvo
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.
Psion Fans Italia moderator

desolate

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Word and Excel crash
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 12:00:08 pm »
I have the rooted Android X27 firmware but have not updated to the latest firmware.

I use the standard launcher.

My company uses office 365 so I have all the office products installed and all work fine.

I hope this is helpful.

salvomic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 290
    • View Profile
Word and Excel crash
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 12:59:13 pm »
Quote from: desolate
I have the rooted Android X27 firmware but have not updated to the latest firmware.

I use the standard launcher.

My company uses office 365 so I have all the office products installed and all work fine.

I hope this is helpful.

I cannot establish if the problem came after the Microsoft update or after the FOTA update, and they were within few days, so I'm searching all the way to solve...

salvo
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.
Psion Fans Italia moderator

desolate

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Word and Excel crash
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 02:00:53 pm »
Quote from: salvomic
I cannot establish if the problem came after the Microsoft update or after the FOTA update, and they were within few days, so I'm searching all the way to solve...

salvo

I have just checked and I have the most up to date Office software.

Build number Gemini 7.1 Planet 10052018 v2

salvomic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 290
    • View Profile
Word and Excel crash
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 02:21:26 pm »
Quote from: desolate
I have just checked and I have the most up to date Office software.

Build number Gemini 7.1 Planet 10052018 v2

thank you for info!
So it could be the last OTA, however I was told by PC that there is no evidence for that...

Salvo
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.
Psion Fans Italia moderator

a1astair

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 70
    • View Profile
Word and Excel crash
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 09:06:54 pm »
Quote from: salvomic
Quote from: desolate
I have just checked and I have the most up to date Office software.

Build number Gemini 7.1 Planet 10052018 v2

thank you for info!
So it could be the last OTA, however I was told by PC that there is no evidence for that...

Salvo

I have posted a similar issue elsewhere. Microsoft Office stops working after a while. No resolution yet. I have two copies installed - one in my work profile and one in my private profile. Only the work copy is OK at the moment.

Forget about TextMaker - it can't cope with even basic Word documents. The formatting goes to c**p.

salvomic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 290
    • View Profile
Word and Excel crash
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 03:47:12 am »
Quote from: a1astair
I have posted a similar issue elsewhere. Microsoft Office stops working after a while. No resolution yet. I have two copies installed - one in my work profile and one in my private profile. Only the work copy is OK at the moment.

Forget about TextMaker - it can't cope with even basic Word documents. The formatting goes to c**p.

and have you tried to list the difference between two profiles?
I mean: different launchers, presence or absence of Google Documents and so, other settings...
If, with the same OTA and MS version, in one it works and in another not, then it should be some setting...

thanks
salvo
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.
Psion Fans Italia moderator