Author Topic: Google certification  (Read 5949 times)

bogomips

• View Profile
Google certification
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 07:08:03 pm »
Tried the Device ID app by "evozi".
Seems like the author of that app also distributes the app outside the Google Play Store: https://www.evozi.com/l.php?go=deviceid_no_network

Both my Android Device ID and Google Services Framework ID came back looking different to ones wovoja listed.
Sooo - I guess that is good. We can probably can use that GSF ID to register on that Google page...

I don't think I'll try and do that ID registration now. Everything still seems to be working.
Will hang onto those IDs - just in case I get locked out of Google services, and then try to see if it works...

If anyone else does go ahead with the ID registration - please report back here what is involved with the registration (besides entering the ID), and if it works.

Thanks

bogomips

• View Profile
Google certification
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 07:15:58 pm »
Looks like it might be the IMEI number that is required instead of the GSF number?
https://www.ghacks.net/2018/03/27/google-lo...om-google-apps/

One of the comments notes - what do you do on a non-phone device like a TV box? That won't have an IMEI number...

user

Google certification
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 03:26:59 am »
I can confirm it is the Google Services Framework ID you need to enter.
Before you can do so, you have to convert it from hex to decimal as the registration page only takes decimal values.
Entering your IMEI (as I tried, before converting GSF) will not register your device.

Gemini works without registration. It was only after flashing LineageOS that I needed to register my device using GSF-ID.
After registering my GSF-ID, it took about 15 minutes before I could use GApps.

EDIT: here's a guide, halfway down the article, on how to do this incl. links to apps and hex-decimal convertion.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 03:31:52 am by user »

vader

• View Profile
Google certification
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2018, 08:46:09 pm »
I never logged in to google, so my device id is still 01234.... as is my serial number. I still have access to the play store through yalp. I don't use google services, so it doesn't have any real effect. If all you want is access to the play store, install the fdroid store (google fdroid - oh the irony), then use fdroid to install yalp.

user

Google certification
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2018, 03:08:09 am »
Vader, that 01234... is NOT your device ID, that's your serial number. Every device is given a Google Framework Services ID upon factory reset (or first boot), which is different from your serial.
You'll find that if you use the Device ID app in the link, that your GSF-ID is different from your serial. Your serial number can NOT change upon using (or not using) Google Apps..

vader

• View Profile
Google certification
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2018, 04:10:46 am »
Quote from: Guest
Vader, that 01234... is NOT your device ID, that's your serial number. Every device is given a Google Framework Services ID upon factory reset (or first boot), which is different from your serial.
You'll find that if you use the Device ID app in the link, that your GSF-ID is different from your serial. Your serial number can NOT change upon using (or not using) Google Apps..

Yep, you are right. I only checked the first device id manager app (with the highest score mind you) which seems to give the incorrect number. I worked my way down the list and eventually got on which showed a proper gsf id. it did, however, get the mac addresses wrong - 02:00:00:00... I checked the iemi it reported and that was correct. I am surprised that you dont get the same values from different apps. The one that reported the 012345... for both had the mac addresses correct as well as the iemi. Go figure....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 02:14:05 pm by Varti »