Author Topic: How to open app drawer on launcher  (Read 1799 times)

qzmeng

• View Profile
How to open app drawer on launcher
« on: May 12, 2018, 06:25:29 am »
Hi everyone,
Just getting to grips with my new Gemini, does anyone know what keystroke would open the "app drawer" from the main launcher screen?
I know I can swipe up to get it but... that seems to defeat the point somewhat.
Also, if anyone can recommend a keyboard friendly, landscape friendly replacement launcher, that would be helpful too.

regards
Mike

Isaac

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 01:38:05 pm »
There is an arrow icon in the bottom left corner of the default Launcher3 home screen which opens the full app drawer.

I use Apex Launcher which works pretty well keyboard, probably not the most optimized it could be though, pretty much just arrow key based navigation. Overall a better option than the built in one I think.

qzmeng

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 08:16:13 pm »
Quote from: Isaac
There is an arrow icon in the bottom left corner of the default Launcher3 home screen which opens the full app drawer.

I use Apex Launcher which works pretty well keyboard, probably not the most optimized it could be though, pretty much just arrow key based navigation. Overall a better option than the built in one I think.

Thanks, I tried the Blackberry launcher which is (understandably) keyboard friendly, you can bind a shortcut key to everything.  But sadly the display is broken in landscape mode and it looks terrible, again understandably...

Isaac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:43:35 pm »
I've started to use t-ui / Linux CLI Launcher though this is not quite what I would like either. Really I want dmenu on Android.

qzmeng

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 10:12:14 pm »
For now I've settled on Nova Launcher, there is a weird bug for pinned icons but you can avoid this by not having pinned icons.  Nova allows arrow key navigation and quick search in the drawer, plus you can get rid of the Google search bar, so all in all not bad.  It doesn't have hotkey binding like the Blackberry launcher though.