Author Topic: Login  (Read 2875 times)

SNi

• View Profile
    • http://www.sibelle.info
Login
« on: May 15, 2018, 03:06:50 pm »
When I start my Gemini I have to enter a password.  Approximately 95% of the time I enter the password and then press enter, but nothing happens. It's not the wrong password, if I enter an incorrect password it actually says "incorrect password." After I backspace and re-enter the password and press enter, I'm good to go. Not the end of the world, but damn annoying nonetheless! Any thoughts?

Another question is re when I set clock alarms. When I set an alarm and it goes off I have to login in before i can either snooze or dismiss the alarm. Again, annoying. With my HTC U11 I can snooze/dismiss without going through the login sequence; is this a setting I can change?

Thanx much,
SNi

Steve Goodey

• View Profile
Login
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 03:53:27 am »
I've noticed that on start-up, when I enter my pin, pressing enter is very hit and miss. It's better to touch the tick on screen, it works every time, whereas the enter key for that one particular time does not.

OPDA

• View Profile
Login
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 09:19:01 am »
Thats why I switched of PIN lock. But a keyboard on a keyboard device should work all the time - but I recall that android has some restrictions here.

Same with clock: it is possible to somehow 'overlay' the unlock screen in android. I had the same problems with my other phone on android 7 (with an alarm app) and I somehow could manage to solve it. It was some settings to switch on/off which I do not remember anymore since I now have android 8. Could this be "these apps are allowed to overlay others"?

OPDA

• View Profile
Login
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 09:19:42 am »
And did you have success with replacing ENTER with SPACE to unlock? Was another tipp somewhere in this forum...

qzmeng

• View Profile
Login
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 08:14:14 pm »
Quote from: OPDA
And did you have success with replacing ENTER with SPACE to unlock? Was another tipp somewhere in this forum...

This is what I do, password lock and use space to get to the enter password screen.  I do have the same problem as OP that sometimes the password doesn't register after typing and pressing return, but it does work most of the time (not enough to be annoying).

The main irritation I have is that after a lock/unlock routine, Android doesn't return to exactly the same place but sometimes back to the home screen or the main window of the active application, but I think this is a Android problem rather than anything to do with the Gemini?

SNi

• View Profile
Login
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 03:35:09 pm »

Hitting the SPACE bar at the lock screen is the same as swiping up, takes you to the password prompt. That's when I have my problems (i.e. Gemini does nothing after entering the password and hitting enter). Hitting SPACE after entering the password does nothing (I would not expect it to do anything)

SNi

• View Profile
Login
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 09:44:30 pm »
Fixed the alarm/login issue, there was some setting in Clock that fixed this. However, the problem with login (first entered password does nothing) is still an issue most of the time!!  

jornada720

• View Profile
Login
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 11:28:37 pm »
Quote from: qzmeng

This is what I do, password lock and use space to get to the enter password screen.  I do have the same problem as OP that sometimes the password doesn't register after typing and pressing return, but it does work most of the time (not enough to be annoying).

The main irritation I have is that after a lock/unlock routine, Android doesn't return to exactly the same place but sometimes back to the home screen or the main window of the active application, but I think this is a Android problem rather than anything to do with the Gemini?

There is a Gemini "feature" that is causing this. Fortunately, you can disable it. Just go do the main Settings app, then scroll down and choose "Gemini Settings." There is an option in there to "Go to desktop on open" and also to "Show App Bar on open." By default, they are enabled.

On that screen, you can also configure your Gemini to answer calls  via speakerphone. See attached.

gidds

• View Profile
Login
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 08:24:19 am »
Quote from: SNi
Hitting the SPACE bar at the lock screen is the same as swiping up

In my experience that's mostly true — but a proportion of the time it seems to open the User settings instead!  Very strange…
   Andy/
Psion 3a → Psion 5 → Psion 5mx → Gemini → Astro