Author Topic: How to keep previous app open after closing the lid  (Read 2217 times)

FredL

• View Profile
How to keep previous app open after closing the lid
« on: June 13, 2018, 06:11:56 am »
I've noticed that when making notes (e.g. using the Notes app), after closing and re-opening the lid, the device goes to the "home" screen with all the app icons, rather than keeping my app in memory, to let me carry on where I left off.

Is there a way to tell android to re-open the latest app, rather than going to the home screen?

Related to this would be a way to to prevent the app bar from automatically displaying when the device is opened.

Edit: Simply turning the device on and off using Fn+On/Off works as expected (i.e. the app remains open). Closing the lid does something different - I wonder why? I thought the app bar might have something to do with it, so unistalled as a test, but still the "home" screen is displayed when the lid is opened.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:57:25 am by FredL »

scops

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 07:06:06 am »
Just look at Settings => Gemini Settings.

There is a switch to disable this behavior.
OpenPandora, Jolla C, BQ M10 fHD (ubports), MacBook Pro Retina (mid-2012), Zaurus SL-5500, OpenMoko Freerunner, Geeksphone Keon (ffOS 2.x), a few Raspberries, too many game consoles and Android devices,...

... and soon: Dragonbox Pyra, Librem 5

FredL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 07:13:30 am »
Quote from: scops

I don't seem to gave a "Gemini Settings" option. Android version perhaps? I'm running 7.1.1 (I avoided the latest update)

Ifanafi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 11:08:59 am »
Same here: no Gemini listed in Settings. I have not yet update the firmware.

But, in Settings, type Gemini in the settings search bar to see the Gemini settings mentioned.

Cheers!

Quote from: FredL
Quote from: scops

I don't seem to gave a "Gemini Settings" option. Android version perhaps? I'm running 7.1.1 (I avoided the latest update)

gidds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 12:40:46 pm »
In my Settings, it's at the top of the ‘Device’ section, just above ‘Display’.

I think it was there from when my (second-batch) Gemini was delivered.  (Can't check, as I reflashed it.)
   Andy/
Psion 3a → Psion 5 → Psion 5mx → Gemini → Astro

FredL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 04:06:25 am »
Quote from: gidds

I think it was there from when my (second-batch) Gemini was delivered.  (Can't check, as I reflashed it.)

The only Gemini option I have is "Gemini Keyboard". My device was from the first production run, so maybe something is missing. I'll wait until the next firmware update and check then.

FredL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 07:38:18 am »
Quote from: FredL
Quote from: gidds

The only Gemini option I have is "Gemini Keyboard". My device was from the first production run, so maybe something is missing. I'll wait until the next firmware update and check then.

I just updated to the latest firmware, and can now see the "Gemini Settings" options in Settings. I can now turn off "Go to desktop on open" and the device works as expected.