Author Topic: Cover LED flashing purple since OTA update? What does it mean?  (Read 1922 times)

cpitchford

• View Profile
I installed the recent OTA update on my X27 Gemini and now an LED at the left end of the cover is continuously flashing purple (well, red and blue)

I have no idea what it means or how to stop it.

Connecting/removing charger lights other LEDs. Receiving notifications (like an email for example) makes a red LED light flash on the right hand side.

If I leave my gemini alone for some time, the flashing stops and the LED remains on constantly. I open the gemini and it starts flashing again?!

Has anyone any definitive list of what these flashing lights mean?

Just to add, although its a 4G X27 model, I do not have a sim installed at the moment
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:23:55 pm by cpitchford »

gymbo

• View Profile
Cover LED flashing purple since OTA update? What does it mean?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:24:34 pm »
Quote from: cpitchford
I installed the recent OTA update on my X27 Gemini and now an LED at the left end of the cover is continuously flashing purple (well, red and blue)

Connecting/removing charger lights other LEDs. Receiving notifications (like an email for example) makes a red LED light flash on the right hand side.

If I leave my gemini alone for some time, the flashing stops and the LED remains on constantly. I open the gemini and it starts flashing again?!

Just to add, although its a 4G X27 model, I do not have a sim installed at the moment

It does seem like the update has set some use of the LED's for notifications, but I have seen no documentation of what they are set for, and certainly not any way of configuring them. (The logical choice should be with the LEDISON-app, but it has only possibility for notifications for contacts for now, as far as I can see...)

I have not started to move things to the Gemini yet, so I only have noticed that when I use it as a hotspot for another device it apparently flashes some colours when that has activity...

Dixit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 12:58:20 am »
Quote from: gymbo

It does seem like the update has set some use of the LED's for notifications, but I have seen no documentation of what they are set for, and certainly not any way of configuring them. (The logical choice should be with the LEDISON-app, but it has only possibility for notifications for contacts for now, as far as I can see...)

I have not started to move things to the Gemini yet, so I only have noticed that when I use it as a hotspot for another device it apparently flashes some colours when that has activity...

Same here. Per my other thread, sometimes Google Assistant does no longer react on the silver button.
Well... the last time it did work, a blue LED went on and it staid on.

There seem to be some issues with the Gemini apps..
Another one is that the Planet bar sometimes suddenly pops up.

Steve Goodey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 04:20:21 am »

According to the Gemini Quick Start Guide that LED is a Wireless indicator LED.

cpitchford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 07:44:24 pm »
Ah! the LED indicator that flashes purple when wifi is on, wifi is on but not connected, and wifi is off!

Wonderful!

Perhaps flashing purple means "This device supports wifi"??!?!

However, what do you know! I just enabled flight mode and the led went off.. I disabled flight mode and it stayed off?!!

Very odd! So, if there's a flashing purple led that won't quit, try turning flight mode on then off!

Quote from: Steve Goodey

According to the Gemini Quick Start Guide that LED is a Wireless indicator LED.