Author Topic: Access Linux partition from Termux  (Read 3350 times)

salvomic

• View Profile
Access Linux partition from Termux
« on: June 27, 2018, 12:17:42 pm »
hi,
please, can you remember me if is it possible to access to the Linux partition from Termux via SSH? How?

thank you
salvo
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.
Psion Fans Italia moderator

psionlover

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:36:33 pm »
Quote from: salvomic
please, can you remember me if is it possible to access to the Linux partition from Termux via SSH? How?
I don't know what 'Termux' exactly is, but it's name suggests it has a terminal. So did you try this on a terminal already ?
Code: [Select]
ssh gemini@10.15.19.82

salvomic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 12:42:14 pm »
Quote from: psionlover
I don't know what 'Termux' exactly is, but it's name suggests it has a terminal. So did you try this on a terminal already ?
Code: [Select]
ssh gemini@10.15.19.82

and port 22?
With those data I cannot enter both from Termux and Connectbox...
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.

Adam Boardman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 12:51:59 pm »
Assuming that termux is the linux inside android, then the ssh won't be an option as whilst your booted into android the debian side is not running. You might be able to mount it (/dev/mmcblk0p29) if you have permissions.

salvomic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 12:57:33 pm »
Quote from: Adam Boardman
Assuming that termux is the linux inside android, then the ssh won't be an option as whilst your booted into android the debian side is not running. You might be able to mount it (/dev/mmcblk0p29) if you have permissions.

there is no default mount in Termux (only hmount).
After the flashing I'm not sure that Android is now rooted as I wished in the Partition Tool downloader (Root Checker says not) and Termux normally has no root access...

salvo

skmakine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 02:07:48 pm »
I have mounted the Debian partition from Android using Termux. Works fine, but requires root.

salvomic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 06:32:47 pm »
Quote from: skmakine
I have mounted the Debian partition from Android using Termux. Works fine, but requires root.

hi, yes, I've Android rooted, but the rooting is not complete (I tried to use Magisk, but here it doesn't run well: open but after splash screen it doesn't present labels or buttons at all),,,
How can I do, please?

Salvo

Murple2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 03:00:46 am »

hi, yes, I've Android rooted, but the rooting is not complete (I tried to use Magisk, but here it doesn't run well: open but after splash screen it doesn't present labels or buttons at all),,,
How can I do, please?

Salvo

Where did you download the magisk manager apk from?

salvomic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 03:25:29 am »
Quote from: Murple2

Here in the official web site

salvomic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 03:23:39 pm »

hi, please, how was your mount command? I now rooted but I cannot see /dev/mmcblk0p29, the name of Linux partition, as Adam said...

now I succeeded rooting Android, after the trial boot flashing: I changed Magisk location from sd to internal memory and it eventually worked, installed its files and rooting completed.

salvo

Kiriririn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 05:06:40 pm »

hi, please, how was your mount command? I now rooted but I cannot see /dev/mmcblk0p29, the name of Linux partition, as Adam said...

now I succeeded rooting Android, after the trial boot flashing: I changed Magisk location from sd to internal memory and it eventually worked, installed its files and rooting completed.

salvo
On android it's /dev/block/mmcblk0p29
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 05:07:25 pm by Kiriririn »

salvomic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 05:26:26 pm »
Quote from: Kiriririn
On android it's /dev/block/mmcblk0p29

ok! thank you.
salvo