Author Topic: Planet's Agenda app released  (Read 10980 times)

RJL

• View Profile
Planet's Agenda app released
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 11:20:36 pm »
Quote from: Varti
You can find it on Google Store...

Is there a way that anyone can see to make this sync with MS Outlook? (needed for work).

dogomalaika

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 09:59:12 am »
Hello,
I'm currently testing. And I noticed that I can
select the strike out function but it seems not working.
Does any of you have the same problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

dogomalaika
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 11:29:25 am by dogomalaika »

RevBlackie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 03:56:39 pm »
I'm not sure I see the point of the weather function... It just allows me to choose from maybe a dozen cities worldwide. In the US, it's just New York and Los Angeles, and both of those places have about as much relevance to my local weather as Zagreb or Tokyo. I'd think there'd be a way to localize it a bit better than that. Please tell me I'm overlooking some obvious setting...

Lyall Pearce

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 12:32:30 am »
Installed without problems.

Looks good.

Checked settings for syncing using Davdroid to my NextCloud, looks good, the PC and Google accounts unchecked, good.

As a long time Revo user, the first thing I did was attempt to create a calendar entry for today titled 'test'.

In the Revo Agenda, if you started typing, it automatically created a calendar entry, in this version, I start typing 'test' and Agenda simply crashed upon pressing the 't'.  

This is on one of the original Geminis, bog standard Android, everything that I am aware of, up to date. No Rooting or dual booting done. Also no SIM installed, but WiFi enabled.

The calendar app I was using was 'Calendar 7.1.1'
...Lyall

Isurus65

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 11:15:34 am »
Quote from: RJL
Quote from: Varti
You can find it on Google Store...

Is there a way that anyone can see to make this sync with MS Outlook? (needed for work).

Outlook linked to Exchange or Office 365?

I managed to sync this app to three separate calendar accounts: Google for personal stuff, and for work: one Exchange calendar and one office 365 calendar (different employers). Sync to Google and Exchange was automatic since I had the respective email accounts set up already. I could not find a direct way to sync the Office 365 calendar. I could sync Office 365 to Google, but then the synced entries only appear on the web version of Google calendar. Syncing my Office 365 calendar to my Exchange calendar did cause the synced entries to appear on Agenda through the Exchange connection. So, three calendars through two accounts. In other words, if you are referring to Office 365 you probably need an intermediary account like Exchange which can integrate an external calendar.
Previous PDA's: Toshiba e740; Toshiba e755; Psion 3c; Psion 5; HP Jornada 680; HP Jornada 720; Palm Tungsten T3; Palm LifeDrive; Nokia E90 ; Gemini PDA

petefoth

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 01:43:36 am »
I installed the app, but when I run it, it insists that I sign in to my Google account. I don't use Google Calendar or Contacts, and the apps I currently use - Business Calendar and the stock Calendar app - don't need access to my Google account. I don't understand why Agenda does need it.

As I'm currently using the Gemini without using my Google account, it looks like I'll have to give Agenda a miss until / unless Planet change this feature / bug  Which is a shame, because from the reviews I have seen it looks good.

Pete

qzmeng

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 07:15:54 pm »
Not sure if it is just me, but it doesn't seem possible to choose 24 hour time format; that's quite a basic localisation function, even within the UK..

Isurus65

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 02:55:34 am »
Quote from: qzmeng
Not sure if it is just me, but it doesn't seem possible to choose 24 hour time format; that's quite a basic localisation function, even within the UK..

I think it follows the Android system setting for time format. Try changing your setting there.
Previous PDA's: Toshiba e740; Toshiba e755; Psion 3c; Psion 5; HP Jornada 680; HP Jornada 720; Palm Tungsten T3; Palm LifeDrive; Nokia E90 ; Gemini PDA

Javert

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 05:11:14 pm »
I have the same issue - I can't seem to change the day view to 24 hour format.  It's already set to use 24 hour format as far as I can tell and the clock in the status bar is in 24 hour format.

Also - I logged my account into my office 365 but it doesn't appear to support calendar sync with office 365?  (which is strange because calendar apps o other devices like Iphone and so on seem to sync calendar no problem).

I also remember that in the original 5MX agenda you could press the tab key to bring up a mini month calendar and then again to put it to 3 months - would be nice to have that feature back as well.

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2018, 10:13:56 pm »
Quote from: Isurus65
Quote from: qzmeng

I think it follows the Android system setting for time format. Try changing your setting there.
I can VIEW the Agenda in 24 hour format, but I can't make an entry with 24 hour format, I HAVE to use am/pm (which is ABSOLUTELY NOT how I am used to enter/think about time...).

Other gripes/problems, in no particular order:
  • In month view I get a new item generated, without the possibility to enter anything in it, when pressing enter... (An empty entry at noon, but I seem to SOMETIMES get the possibility to edit it too.)
  • In week view I see less lines/entries than there clearly is room for... (It uses about 60 % of the height I guess, and in portrait-view about 30%!)
  • It displays only start-time in week-view (and probably day-view too?), and not end-time.
  • There is no way of entering date with only the keyboard except with the arrows...???
  • The anniversaries in the box on top on the right hand side in week view are wrong (it shows January 1st and March 29th on ALL weeks for me...)
  • I apparently have to install the "Planet Sync adapter" to view or make to-do's?? (WHY???? Don't really use them, so can get by without them, but still??)
  • The "crossout" (and I assume the other "special view"-features too) does nothing...
  • There doesn't seem to be any difference between "Events" and "Day entry"?? (Doesn't really bother me, but what is the point then?)
  • I'm not able to "navigate" completely with the keyboard alone, I need to use the touchscreen for some things
  • There is no way to edit the entries made with "Holiday Settings". I would like to be able to at least translate them...
  • I do not seem to be able to snooze an alarm?? And the notification needs to be "opened" by dragging from top of the screen to be able to stop it as well?? I am coming from Symbian, and I am used to notifications popping up on the screen (and almost any action silences them if they have sound, with the opportunity to snooze, reject, or whatever, after silencing it).
  • It seems the toggles for displaying entries in current timezone are backwards??
  • No possibility of marking several items for copy, cut and/or deletion??
I do believe the list is actually longer than this, but this is what I remember at the moment. There are things I like as well; the zoom function, the cut/copy/paste possibility and the week-view is more or less how I like it (except for the 30-60% usage of space and missing end-time   ).

But the BIGGEST problem whit Agenda/calendar for me is that I haven't gotten my old calendar-data over to Android/Gemini yet... Anybody know of a way to get data from Symbian calendar to Android, preferable without syncing with something like Google Calendar. I will probably do it through Google calendar if I absolutely HAVE TO, but would prefer to sync, or transfer, something locally to just my computer. I did think I got it across by using a program to get the vcs-files from a backup, converting to ics (and then merging). But it seems most of my recurring events didn't come across properly. Haven't really looked at it to see if the problem is with the vcs-files, ics-files or the merging, but it seems I might need another approach.

(I haven't gotten my SMSes over to Andriod yet either, and I've got a few thousand... But that is a bit too much OT, so I'll find a proper post to add it to, or start a new one for that.)

Dixit

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 05:07:36 pm »
To add to your very comprehensive (and recognizable) list: most items are in English and some items are in my local language (Dutch - but it follows the Android settings). This is all finely mixed.

All other Apps I have are either entirely in English (not yet translated) or entirely in Dutch.
I do recognize the problem, though, from other OS's: the result of sloppy beta-testing.

Perhaps the Planet PDA announcement should have stated "and after those 11 months of development time this is our first beta version. Feel free to test it and report all bugs to us."

Roy KG

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2018, 04:26:43 am »
Quote from: dogomalaika
Hello,
I'm currently testing. And I noticed that I can
select the strike out function but it seems not working.
Does any of you have the same problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

dogomalaika

No, I have the same problem here.  In fact not only does the strike out function not work, neither do any of the colour selections.  When you are selecting any of the colour or strike out settings, it shows in the 'entry line' but as soon as you click on 'Select' and go back to the calender view, you lose those selections!  I just assumed it is not working fully yet.  Or do others have this working?  I don't have any other Calendar App in use (to my knowledge) but I do have Agenda preference setting 'Sync to PC' (Planet Computer) ticked.

Roy

Steve Goodey

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2018, 04:42:33 am »
I seem to find that strike through, colour italic all work on a to-do entry. How about find, has anyone got that working?

dogomalaika

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 07:59:09 am »
Quote from: Roy KG
No, I have the same problem here.  In fact not only does the strike out function not work, neither do any of the colour selections.  When you are selecting any of the colour or strike out settings, it shows in the 'entry line' but as soon as you click on 'Select' and go back to the calender view, you lose those selections!  I just assumed it is not working fully yet.  Or do others have this working?  I don't have any other Calendar App in use (to my knowledge) but I do have Agenda preference setting 'Sync to PC' (Planet Computer) ticked.

Roy

Thank you Roy for your answer.
I can only confirm your other statements. In addition, I noticed that the Navbar regularly covers part of the input screen, sometimes more and sometimes less.

dogomalaika

dogomalaika

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2018, 08:19:34 am »
@Steve Goodey

Hello Steve
Thanks for the info with the todo list, indeed it`is working there.
I did not even notice the Find function until now. Just like you, it does not work for me. I click Find and then nothing happens, it does not open an input mask, it just does nothing. There is still a lot of room for improvement in the app. Many functions are hardly or not at all working.

dogomalaika
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:27:50 am by dogomalaika »