Author Topic: can you make calls on sailfish?  (Read 2652 times)

masterkush

• View Profile
can you make calls on sailfish?
« on: July 07, 2018, 04:05:47 am »
Hello, I need help!! I can make and receive calls as normal from the android part but when I try the same on sailfish it just says "no network coverage" even though It is showing 4g on the home screen. Data services from the SIM card are working like normal though like using the browser etc. even when wifi is off......so why can't I make calls?? how do I fix this??/ however when someone tries to call me on sailfish the phone does ring! but somehow I cannot answer it! it just keeps on ringing?? how do I try to answer it?? is it possible to make and receive calls on sailfish or not??? pls helpppp!!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 04:16:03 am by masterkush »

vader

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 06:26:50 pm »
Quote from: masterkush
Hello, I need help!! I can make and receive calls as normal from the android part but when I try the same on sailfish it just says "no network coverage" even though It is showing 4g on the home screen. Data services from the SIM card are working like normal though like using the browser etc. even when wifi is off......so why can't I make calls?? how do I fix this??/ however when someone tries to call me on sailfish the phone does ring! but somehow I cannot answer it! it just keeps on ringing?? how do I try to answer it?? is it possible to make and receive calls on sailfish or not??? pls helpppp!!!
Firstly, yes you can make/receive calls on sailfish. I use it as my daily driver. It uses libhybris (android drivers), so it should work as well as android. I remember that someone had said something about not using VoLTE, which meant that they had to  turn the data connection to 3G. Try that - got to settings->Cellular Network and select Prefer 3G. See if that works for you. I personally have Prefer 4G and that works fine.

Another thing I have dredged up from memory is that if you have an x27 based gemini, you need to set the SIM slot in android, then boot into sailfish. I have an x25, so I dont have to do this.

Rest assured that the gemini will make and receive calls under sailfish - there is just a setup problem at the moment.

masterkush

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 01:37:43 pm »
Quote from: vader
Quote from: masterkush
Firstly, yes you can make/receive calls on sailfish. I use it as my daily driver. It uses libhybris (android drivers), so it should work as well as android. I remember that someone had said something about not using VoLTE, which meant that they had to  turn the data connection to 3G. Try that - got to settings->Cellular Network and select Prefer 3G. See if that works for you. I personally have Prefer 4G and that works fine.

Another thing I have dredged up from memory is that if you have an x27 based gemini, you need to set the SIM slot in android, then boot into sailfish. I have an x25, so I dont have to do this.

Rest assured that the gemini will make and receive calls under sailfish - there is just a setup problem at the moment.

that worked! just switched to 3g and everything works fine! many thanks